RC Firmware version showing N/A
2173 9 2016-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGHDRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
Canada

I have the latest DJI Go app installed on my Nvidia Shield K1. When I go to check the firmware version for my RC it comes up as N/A.
I attached my cheapo Galaxy grand prime to the RC with the same Go app version installed and it shows my RC firmware version without
any problems. I tried different versions of the GO app and all versions that I tried show the same problem. Is anybody else having this problem with
their sheild k1? My shield is running lollipop. Thanks.

2016-10-10
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Rgh,

Just checked my Shield and my Galaxy Tab S2 and they both show the appropriate version numbers. I'm sure you are rebooting the RC between checks? Did you try completely powering down and restarting your Shield?

Jerry
2016-10-10
Use props
RGHDRONE
lvl.1
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-10-11 07:58
Rgh,

Just checked my Shield and my Galaxy Tab S2 and they both show the appropriate version numbers ...

Yes I have shutdown and restarted both the rc and shield for each version of the app that i used. I even tried different usb cables. Still no rc firmware version. I wonder if having the phone rooted has anything to do with this. My concern is when a new firmware comes out, will the shield recognize it and update and if this issue could possibly affect anything else.
2016-10-10
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

RGHDRONE Posted at 2016-10-10 20:18
Yes I have shutdown and restarted both the rc and shield for each version of the app that i used. I ...

Rgh,

Yeah, I'm not rooted and I'm flying with older firmware. I decided to stay on 1.4 on my birds and 1.5 on my RC's. could have something to do with the new firmware, I suppose. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Jerry
2016-10-10
Use props
snipes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5059 ft
United States

Any resolution? I have this issue going from Apple to Android and need to learn how to make the Android connect again. Assistant 2 no longer recognizes the drone - Windows says the USB device has malfunctioned, even though a couple hours ago I was able to refresh the software.
2016-10-21
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

Can't help you much but i can share my issue with (DJI updating system)....phone rooted has nothing to do with this....I have a P4 and my RC is showing N/A...Since RC update im not able to update because im not getting an update message, nor i can roll back to previos ver. on RC....I tried my Samsung nexus 10 tablet which i always use for flying, tried my cell Samsung S4 mini and still no update message , even thou all rest of functions are working and RC is connecting and Assistant 2 is working , I guess its a DJI issue from my past experience, because every time when there is an update there is an issue, starting from update not showing immediately or if it shows and you update, you have issues flying !!!
2016-10-22
Use props
RGHDRONE
lvl.1
Canada

I have since downgraded my RC back to 1.6 and DJIGo to 2.9.1 on Android 6. Just have to factory reset my P4 then recalibrate everything. It will stay that way until there is some sort of proof that the updates work well. If there is a P4 update, I will most likely not update. I just hope there are no issues with my configuration and the Marshmallow update on K1 tablet. Thank you for all your suggestions and input.
2016-10-22
Use props
snipes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5059 ft
United States

RGHDRONE Posted at 2016-10-22 13:40
I have since downgraded my RC back to 1.6 and DJIGo to 2.9.1 on Android 6. Just have to factory rese ...

For what it's worth - we ended up using the iPhone to revert back a few RC releases, then getting connected via the Android and updating the RC via Android. Pretty bogus, but whatever works...seems like a handshake issue between external (phone/tablet) devices.
2016-10-24
Use props
wkjiii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

RGHDRONE Posted at 2016-10-23 01:40
I have since downgraded my RC back to 1.6 and DJIGo to 2.9.1 on Android 6. Just have to factory rese ...

How did you get your app back to 2.9.1?  thanks
2016-11-15
Use props
jesper n
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84501 ft
Sweden

First i hade this problem to,i tryid Sony z1 ,ipad mini2,ipad pro,then a bought a nexus 7,,i dont know why but suddenly it work.try diffrent phones and tablets,android and ios,
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules