a issue about FCC and CE
1595 4 2016-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timenudge
lvl.1

South Korea

hello DJI staffs and folks.
I'm JB living in seoul city, south korea.
I'm owner of P4 and I preordered MAVIC PRO on sep.30
I just have a few questions about FCC and CE modes.
firstly, when I searched about FCC and CE modes in korea drone communities and websites,
I knew it wasn't FCC but CE in south korea.
although korea has own standard called KC, I have been applied to CE.
except north america should the rest of the world of DJI users been applied to CE standard?
if so, why is that?
2016-10-11
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Because their system firmware only checks the location (or last known loc)
If its in the USA then FCC else FC ... I dont think it will be long before its modded
2016-10-11
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

I agree that it's frustrating that the entire world other than America gets crippled with European restrictions.

A very major reason why I LEFT Europe and moved to Asia was to get away from exactly that kind of nanny mentality.
2016-10-11
Use props
timenudge
lvl.1

South Korea

your specification only said there are FCC and CE and a kind of standards the rest of  places applied to is empty.
I think as a customer I have a right to know which standards I applied to.
thanks
2016-10-11
Use props
sierahotel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430823 ft
Canada

I am a licensed radio Amateur in Canada and can transmit up to 5 watts in the 2.4 ghz band. I'm interested in using the full available FCC (26 dBm / 400 mw) power whenever my license permits it. In another thread it was mentioned that turning off "GEO SYSTEMS" can enable flights in restricted zones where previously locked out. I hope that disabling GEO SYSTEMS also enables FCC power settings too. Or perhaps you need that on to be bumped up to FCC power when in the US. As somone who's obsessed with radio and power, I need to know what settings the controller is choosign to use.

I am glad that DJI is not makign seperate models for the 2 regions. The CE model would be instantly worth less than the FCC model and it would cause so much chaos with returns and jacked up prices for FCC on the resale market. Best to avoud all that chaos by making one versatile product.

PS, I will change my Avitar to a Mavic picture, you know.. when I get my order.

-VE3XHS
2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules