2462 14 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
myzdroid
New

United States

Hi guys, new to the scene here.
I have a P3 ADV.
I am having toruble uploading the 4K to youtube.
I used the editor on the app, and also Imovie to mac the movie.
when watching it on my TV it is really distorted and not 4K. Ive seen a few many beautiful videos here all in 4K,
so just asking for some guidance and advice.

here is the link to the video

Cheers

MyZ
2016-10-12
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

First off check above the gimbal and take out the packaging spacer, your video is all shaky.

Have you tired uploading a 4k file to youtube ? works for me, but you have to wait for the 4k version to show up on youtube, can take hours.
2016-10-12
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Unsure of why this is,but when i have checked the quality settings for your video on youtube, the max quality available is 720p.Youtube does reduce the file size and picture quality when being uploaded to youtube,are you sure you recorded in 4k ?

thanks
2016-10-12
Use props
myzdroid
New

United States

Thanks for the replies guys.

So I doubled checked my settings and yes I'm recording in 4K.
Not sure why YouTube does not give me an option to select 4K
The video has been uploaded for about 2 weeks and still can't select it.  
After spending a day researching, I'm still at a loss.

Also there is no gimbal holder or any piece near the camera.  
2016-10-12
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

myzdroid Posted at 2016-10-12 17:46
Thanks for the replies guys.

So I doubled checked my settings and yes I'm recording in 4K.

Aloha MyZ,

Sorry you are experiencing problems.  One of the problems is that the P3 Advanced only records up to 2K, not 4K.  Now, that can be a good thing for you since it would be even harder to upload an actual 4K video on YouTube.  However, in this thread you say you have P3 Advanced, but you credit a P3 Professional in the video.  OK, you will figure that out.

The problem may just be allowing YouTube to process your video.  After YouTube uploads your video, it decompresses it.  This is processing.  If you interrupt the processing, your uploaded video will not have the highest video resolution available on the original but only the resolution that YouTube was able to process before you interrupted the processing.  The video you show looks like you interrupted the processing.  We should hope that is the case since the solution is easy.

After uploading is complete, it takes as much as a half hour per gigabyte to process your video.  I usually upload at night and check on it as I wake up during the night or morning.  If I have an email from YouTube saying I can publish my video, I know the processing is done.  That is the most certain option.  Once you understand how the uploading works you can bypass the email.  But if you do not wait for the email, you have to take responsibility if you do interrupt the processing.

In your case, delete the uploaded video and try again.  But first copy any text you wrote for names and summaries, etc., of the video so it is easier with the new attempt to input the text, just paste it in this time.  And this time leave it alone until you get an email from YouTube to make sure YouTube says it is done processing.  You can also make and upload a very short 2K video as a test for what I am saying here.

One last caveat.  Look into the file qualities of the video you are uploading.  I only do PC, so someone else would have to help you with Apple products.  Also, can you play your recorded video at 2K resolution on your TV or computer monitor?  Is it crystal clear?  Make sure that is the same video you are uploading.

As for the distortion and shakiness, this can easily be a result of interrupting the processing or possibly even external issues.  But, to be safe, on the pre-flight screen, is the Gimbal Report OK?  Does your gimbal go through the gimbal dance when the P3 starts up?  Do you hear any unusual sounds or see any jerkiness?  Does your gimbal assembly look like other Phantom gimbals of the same model in YouTube videos?

Your video does look like what you should expect if you interrupted the YouTube processing.  We are hoping it is so for you because if there are other problems, you may have to return the P3 to DJI for them to have a Look-See.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-13
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399590 ft
United States

I found with my current ancient mac that the only way to upload a 4k clip to youtube is to export the clip from the SD card and then drag it over to youtube. I don't know which apple products are capable of 4k processing yet, and I don't know if the new iMovie will let you export in 4k.
Like I said before, the only way I can get a "raw" (no compression or distortion) clip to youtube on my iMac is to drag and drop the file right from the SD card.
Best Wishes! - Dronin
2016-10-13
Use props
kosucuoglus
New

Hey, is your video just like that shaky when you watch it on your laptop from the main source, from the video file? Sometimes youtube has an option to stabilize the video which destroys it.
2016-10-13
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

If u have an advanced, how can u record 4k? advanced goes only 2.7k, pro goes 4k...
Did u pull your video off the drone's sd card direct or via the phone/tablet?
Once you edit it and save, are you certain your saved edited video file is in proper res?
If the file uploaded to youtube has higher resolution, youtube will process it, and as it processes various resolutions - higher res will become available.
An example here: - u can see multiple resolutions are available, but not up to 4 k as this is the advanced.
2016-10-13
Use props
myzdroid
New

United States

Sorry about the miss information
I do have a P3 PRO 4K

The process i use is
1-connect my cable to the drone and copy the video off it
-upload the video to YouTube.

I check the video properties to make sure it's 4K properties before I upload it.

Thanks again for all the advice.
I'm going to follow you guys and try it again. The video I posted was uploaded close to a month ago.
2016-10-13
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Hmm! Weird!

The only thing i can think of, record a short clip, u know, no flying, and upload it to dropbox, let us check it out....
I foiund nothing in youtube settings to enable/disable processing into high def.. no idea there! all of my videos come up to 14r4, not sure why that is it, i do not think that's true 2.7k... but they do have higher def than your 720.. very wild.
Another test.... if you phone or some other camera records anything above 720, do a 10 sec test on that, and see what happens...
I assume u r uploading using firefax, or chrome, not some youtube app?
This really should work.

And yes, also do check around your gimbal, including behind, if there's no piece of tape or some other packing materiel stuck behind the camera.. many users miss one stubborn piece of packing, than makes the gimbal sort of jittery....
Get back to us, and we'll see if anyone can help you. Sure hope so - this is frustrating.

BTW, i see that Geebax said pretty much same thing, but i did not see his reply when i wrote mine.. but it looks like at least 2 pple have pretty much same set of ideas, so let's hope this will somehow help u....

If I come across anything else on youtube settings i'll chime back in...
2016-10-13
Use props
simondobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

If your recording is on 4k the only other thing i can think of is how your setting your output on your software, i use final cut and its important you select output as 4k when rendering.  otherwise it will downsize to 1080.  Next ensure you have sufficient band width to view 4k.. Youtube may only display 1080 to you however someone with greater connection can see 4k.  
Also here is a link to my video that has a 4k option, so if you cannot see it its your connection!!

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 12.26.56.png
2016-10-14
Use props
myzdroid
New

United States

Okay guys, I think it was user error on my part. I reset all the video and camera settings on the drone. One thing i noticed is that i am not able to adjust the video settings unless i hit record first and then stop.I find that a little annoying.  So after resetting the settings, i hit record, then stopped it and i was able to look  at the video settings. i changed it to the 4k and ran a quick video.
below are the results.
Again, thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it. Now i need to research the tips and tricks when flying. Also, what do you guys recommend for editing videos

2016-10-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Good to hear it's sorted out. It's a nice video, thanks for sharing.
2016-10-16
Use props
myzdroid
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-16 21:30
Good to hear it's sorted out. It's a nice video, thanks for sharing.

Thanks,
going to be playing with it a little more, just sucks that it only last 15 mins.
also need to find some software to edit it.
2016-10-16
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

United States

Best DJI 4K upload settings for YouTube
Before going any further, you should first be clear of the best 4K format and settings for YouTube uploading and sharing.

Container: MP4
Video codec: H.264
Progressive scan not interlacing
High Profile
2 consecutive B frames
Closed GOP. GOP of half the frame rate.
CABAC
Variable bitrate, no bit rate limit required, though we offer recommended bit rates below for reference,
Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0

Audio codec: AAC-LC
Channels: Stereo or Stereo + 5.1
Sample rate 96khz or 48khz

Frame rate and bit rate to view 4K uploads on 4K TV with YouTube

SDR uploads

24/25/30 fps standard frame rate - 35-45 Mbps
48/50/60fps High Frame Rate - 53-68 Mbps

HDR uploads

24/25/30 fps standard frame rate - 44-56 Mbps
48/50/60fps High Frame Rate - 66-85 Mbps

Resolution and aspect ratio

YouTube uses 16:9 aspect ratio players. If you're uploading a non-16:9 file, it will be processed and displayed correctly as well, with pillar boxes (black bars on the left and right) or letter boxes (black bars at the top and bottom) provided by the player.

2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules