P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin quick question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edgephilip
lvl.1

Good morning, I have a quick question and just wanted validation.

I'm currently running DJI GO (Android) v2.4.2(94) on V01.05.0030 Firmware. While I dont want to upgrade, I would like to take advantage of some of the new features(i.e. follow me, pano, etc) in the APP if thats possible without upgrading my firmware.

The latest update to the DJI GO (Android) APP is v2.9.1. and didnt know if I was to upgrade it would also require me to upgrade my firmware on the RC and Phantom and thus cause my phantom to stay grounded until I did do the upgrade.

Thoughts?

2016-10-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try 2.9.1 and see, you can always roll back the App' if it doesn't work (Full backup of device before update, then restore this if problems). Alternatively you could just upgrade all to get all the latest bits.
2016-10-13
Use props
edgephilip
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Aardvark for the quick reply. I'm curious if anyone has upgraded the APP without upgrading the firmware and exprienced no issues...
2016-10-13
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The app will not force you to update firmware.  It will annoy you with nag screens,  but just turn off your wifi before loading app.  I use the latest app to fly my advanced on 1.4 fw.
2016-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules