Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Kakou,

Has anyone experienced this kind of beep from the P4 Remote Controller under any condition?  Previously, this remote controller was used with a P3 Advanced for a half day and it began to fail.  I have tried resets and initially it tried to work.  The beep actually went away after I charged the RC one time, but I that again and it does not work, only beeps.  I was able to relink it with the P4 aircraft and it looked like it was going to try to work before the RC failed and started beeping again.  The RC is unable to connect to the P4 Aircraft or the DJI Assistant 2 software anymore.  DJI GO (2.9.1) does not indicate that it even sees the Remote Controller anymore.  Does anyone know if the Android version of the new 3.0.0 DJI GO app will address this type of problem?

The video shows the sound of the beep and the LED light around the Return to Home button flashing at the same speed.  I am hoping that someone has experienced this beep and somehow responded to this signal so that the P4 RC will connect to the P4 Aircraft and the P4 will fly again.

This P4 did have issues with pixelation and green screens on the same Android display that worked very well with my P3 Professional.  But, using an nVidia Shield K1 greatly reduced pixelation and green screen issues with this P4 remote controller and aircraft.  Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Aloha and Drone On!

2016-10-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried gently operating the RTH button a few times, it's not 'stuck' as in permanently operated ?

I would try updating to new V1.8 firmware, reset & relink, see if that makes any difference.
2016-10-15
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

My guess is also that you may have a RC hardware failure.

If the RC was dropped, and it is not within the warranty period, I would open it up and check all internal connections and do a visual inspection. Push in all ribbon connectors including the tiny ones.
2016-10-15
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-14 22:58
Have you tried gently operating the RTH button a few times, it's not 'stuck' as in permanently opera ...

Aloha Aardvark,

Actually, that was the first thing I thought, and trying to cajole the button back out again did in fact work.  (But the spring mechanism of the button is intact and that makes a failed button counter-intuitive.)  Unfortunately, the life of the refreshed button was short-lived and it started beeping again.  Meanwhile, there was something of a memory of someone else who had a thread or a post about a faulty RTH button on this Forum.  Do you remember that one?  

I was hoping, and I am still hoping, that this problem is not a faulty RTH button.  But, out of respect for you and your comment (even though you did not suggest something that did not require me to send my RC back to DJI!) I did another button test (and of course I was hoping your suggestion was wrong!).  I held the RC up-side-down over my head and turned it on.  After days of nothing but beeps coming out of that RC, the beeps went away.  So now I am trying to figure out how I can fly my P4 up-side-down when the beep starts trying to come back.  I messed with it again up-side-down and it went away, a little, then it came back regular again - even though it is up-side-down!  Bummer!  You just had to be right.

Well, even though I do not want to, I have to agree with you.  It really looks like a hardware failure like a faulty mechanism inside the RTH button that is independent of the spring mechanism.  The button feels and works right, the connection just does not release when you press for the shut-off.  The normal RTH button mechanism engages when you press and hold the button.  

The RTH button does not operate like the battery button or the RC on-off button.  There must be some sort of "electro-magnetic" mechanism that engages "with a little bit of time" and then a "pry mechanism" that disengages the button when you simply press the RTH button again, a sort of flip-flop device that operates in the press-hold and the press cycle.  My RTH button "pry mechanism" must be broken.  

If I ever get this thing working again, I will definitely be updating and calibrating.  Trying to set up for an IMU calibration after the P3A flights is what started this saga.  Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cetaman Posted at 2016-10-16 07:36
Aloha Aardvark,

Actually, that was the first thing I thought, and trying to cajole the butto ...

It's seems like a hardware issue.
Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting,I think a repair service would be the best course of action.
2016-10-17
Use props
rallred48
lvl.2
United States

Yes I had the same issue I just turned it off and booted up Aircraft then the controller and it worked fine. Scared the heck out of me I thought I had broke something.
It was a constant Beep, but as I said I shut everything down and booted the Aircraft first this time and everything worked.
Good Luck
Ron
2016-10-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

rallred48@gmail Posted at 2016-10-17 03:51
Yes I had the same issue I just turned it off and booted up Aircraft then the controller and it work ...

Aloha Ron,

Mahalo for the comment and yes, it works.  Turning on the aircraft first and then the remote controller kept the beep problem at bay for a while.  My P4 is in the midst of updates and upgrades, so I took advantage of your suggestion to try to reinstall the AC firmware since that is the only function I have available with Assistant 2.  In the middle of the reinstallation, the beeping came back.  So far I have not been able to shake it again with a restart as you noted (AC first).  But your suggestion does give me another way to look into the problem.

Mahalo for the help!  Any more suggestions?  At this stage, I am all ears!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-16 23:33
It's seems like a hardware issue.
Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting,I think a repair  ...

Aloha Mindy,

Mahalo for the suggestion, but first I want to look into Ron's suggestion about the power-on sequence.  It worked and the beeps did not start.  With the new FW and DJI GO app, I thought I would check to see one last time if it could be a software problem.  My device is already updated to DJI GO 3.0.0.

I want to dial back the DJI GO app to 2.9.1 (or 2.9.0) and refresh the RC FW to 1.6.0.  The AC is already refreshed to 01.02.0503.  However, the RC does not want to connect with the Android device.  I am working on getting another device to use in case it is my nVidia Shield K1 having a settings issue.

However, it still looks like a hardware problem as you noted.  Just some software questions I want to work out first.  Shipping takes forever here in Hawai'i.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-17
Use props
Scanners
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89990 ft
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-10-17 23:59
Aloha Mindy,

Mahalo for the suggestion, but first I want to look into Ron's suggestion about ...

Aloha Cetaman, Did you manage to downgrade your app?? If so, can you advise how?

Thanks,  Scanners

2016-10-18
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Scanners Posted at 2016-10-18 06:32
Aloha Cetaman, Did you manage to downgrade your app?? If so, can you advise how?

Thanks,  Scanner ...

Aloha Scanners,

The process is to get a copy of the target version of the DJI GO app you want.  Those copies are available at;

https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot

Then do a complete uninstall of the DJI GO app currently in use, followed by a restart of your device and installing the version you want.  Phantomhelp.com is a very good resource for resolving Phantom issues.  Give it a look-see and you will understand.  Do not hurt your click-finger bookmarking it though!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules