[Official] Mavic shipping issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamyoungsfi
lvl.2

United States

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-19 23:57
See photo of the email I got. I called amazon and they told me DJI cancelled it because they cannot ...

sorry about that bud!
2016-10-19
Use props
hkfung513
New

I live in Richmond BC in Canada and I ordered from Staples.ca on Oct 13,2015. As it states in the ETA it saids will arrive on Oct 27,2016. I called today and asked them what is the status on the order and they said I will get it Oct 27th the latest. I told the lady at customer support that there is info everywhere on the internet stating that there is a delay in shipping. She checked the stock and quickly told me that there is quite a few in stock. I told her that it cant be possible because no one has got their orders yet. I asked her to confirm again and tell me if ANY mavic pro have arrived at their warehouse. She put me on hold for another few mins and told me they have 50units "IN STOCK". if anyone is ordering from STAPLES.CA please tell me if im wrong. call customer service with your order# and ask the same thing. I know i probably wont be one of the first 50 people but I am pissed why they haven't sent the first 50 that they got!
2016-10-19
Use props
janvg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42211 ft
New Zealand

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-10-20 16:02
I've bought in China, nothing has shipped here either.
In fact they are all paranoid that the fir ...

Thanks for the update. Just to be clear: I feel sorry for everyone who's waiting. I can imagine the fear over there. I think the feeling here in New Zealand is a bit similar: we're literally at the end of the line...
2016-10-19
Use props
flyingbuying
lvl.1

Australia

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-20 11:57
See photo of the email I got. I called amazon and they told me DJI cancelled it because they cannot ...

Wow that sucks...
2016-10-19
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-19 23:57

I don't know bud. It's very easy to update an Amazon order. I get emails all the time about new shipping dates, weather interference or pre-orders changing (No Mans Sky). I've never had an order canceled because it wasn't going to arrive on a specific date in the future. If that's what happened to you then it definitely sucks, but I use Amazon all the time and I've never experienced anything like that.

I chose the $999 version and did not get the bundle.
2016-10-19
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

Ugh   They aren't even going to meet the end of the month for shipping preorders? 99% if we don't get an updated eta by Friday, I'm out.
2016-10-19
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft

$1398 sitting in limbo... WTF. part of me does not even want the Mavic anymore in fears that the first batches will have issues from rushed builds. probably better to wait till next year and not deal with the issue if and when it ever shows up... i'm going to give it till the end of next week for some shipping info then i'm out. $1398 is a huge chunk of money with nothing to show I can put that towards a new Macbook Pro that Apple will be releasing in a a month
2016-10-19
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

hkfung513 Posted at 2016-10-20 12:00
I live in Richmond BC in Canada and I ordered from Staples.ca on Oct 13,2015. As it states in the ET ...

I checked staples.ca and it says "roduct will ship the week of November 15, 2016". It may say something different for you? When I ordered from BestBuy, they have a shipping date of November 15th also and I got a 10% discount for pre-order. I'll just wait and they will charge my Amex when it ships.
2016-10-19
Use props
matt_schroeder2
New

United States

This is a joke. You, DJI, were all to happy to take my money. You took it the very SECOND I ordered the most expensive version of the Mavic. For that price I didn't even earn an honest answer? You are no better than thieves. This was probably planned all along. If the Karma was released today I would order it and cancel my Mavic out of spite alone. We deserve an answer, DJI. I am canceling my order soon if we don't get real information. You will never earn my trust back after this. I will never pre-order anything from DJI again.
2016-10-19
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-19 22:32
This made me laugh.  Seriously never tell your wife the cost...

All married / in proper relationship guys know wooman should never know the true price of our hobby / passion, if mine would id be sleeping in a car lol
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-20 11:57

Whoa, that's really messed up. I hope DJI fixes this for you. Definitely not fair.
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

devGOD Posted at 2016-10-20 12:22
$1398 sitting in limbo... WTF. part of me does not even want the Mavic anymore in fears that the fir ...

I cannot wait for the new MacBook Pro! My "early 2013" model is aging, and I need a faster newer one. And the programmable keystrip is going to be so cool.
2016-10-19
Use props
matt_schroeder2
New

United States

Everyone need to post videos about this to YouTube! Get the word out. Use a format that DJI can't quiet! Vent on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube,, etc. DJI took our money and won't admit they don't have product to ship. They basically stole from us by taking money with a promise to deliver. They now will not even tell us what is going on.
2016-10-19
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

hkfung513 Posted at 2016-10-20 00:00
I live in Richmond BC in Canada and I ordered from Staples.ca on Oct 13,2015. As it states in the ET ...

I am sorry to say this but seems like this is the first time you have pre-ordered a product from Canadian re seller ? Information is sadly wrong bud. I have been burnt many times with 3DR Solo / Gimbal with BestBuy and Staples..

All i can say is, mark my words, you are not going to receive on Oct 27
2016-10-19
Use props
usercd4297da46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-20 11:31
Day two of this thread, 26 pages and over 1000 posts. Still nothing in the way of intelligent disc ...

I won't lower myself to your level in retorting with school yard insults to your intelligence but I will say this.

DJI know what the delay is. They are not keeping paying customers informed. You are right in the fact that they may not know when the issue will be resolved, but to keep customers in the dark without any information is very poor form.

You are naive if you believe for one second that a business of 10 years old can't fall over. Plenty of business that are much older and larger than DJI have fallen over leaving investors, customers and suppliers out of pocket. At this time, unless you are on the board of DJI, you have no further idea than the rest of us in this regard. Anything else is purely speculation as are my comments. I am simply stating what is a commercial possibility.  
2016-10-19
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Canada

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-20 00:27
I checked staples.ca and it says "Product will ship the week of November 15, 2016". It may say som ...

BestBuy Canada will move that Date few times .. just watch .. Better to order from DJI Direct or BestBuy.com and ship to border.
2016-10-19
Use props
hzokTX3cVPWd
lvl.1
Canada

I'm thoroughly disappointed in DJI and how they have missed their own shipping date.  It's like when a kid at school doesn't hand his paper in on Friday, and on Monday says "Sorry, I missed the deadline and I don't know when it'll be ready".  It's not the kind of behaviour and customer service I expected from a company like DJI.  

1. What is the expected shipping date now?  If it's November, say November.  If it's December, give us the truth.  We consumers have the right to some information so we can make a decision about waiting or canceling the order.

2. What is the reason for the delay?  Production?  Quality control?  Recall?  Just give us the truth.

3. What is DJI planning to do for the customers who are waiting in some cases months for their prepaid products?  

Companies' reputations hinge on how they respond to the concerns of their customers when things don't go as planned.  DJI should heed this.  At this point I'm seriously considering giving up on waiting since DJI is not forthcoming with information and buying the Karma from GoPro instead.  
2016-10-19
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

I tried update again at chat team.
Same crappy paste of info (even after I requested please do not paste THAT statement again)

Lack of info is crap JUST PLAIN CRAP, from all... it speaks lengths about the communication chain and professionalism at this FLAGship company. Trying to say MAVIC now just creates a bad taste in my mouth.

I have 5 kids, not a heap of cash, not loyal to any drone company, and just wanted a good thing. This was a big splurge my wife approved.. now she isn't laughing.

I need a new mac, bet the MacBook Pro is released and available before we even get an update, I need my cash back.. I think I want a new treat.

You didn't even apply my store credit.. even that is still pending

Took my cash, left me in the dark, everything g DJI is pending, and sales don't know how to talk to forum staff.

Nicely played, crap
2016-10-19
Use props
captain!
New

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 21:29
I get product from DJI China all the time.  It does not come via a ship, but via 2 day air.  If you  ...

That's good to hear, and kind of puts to rest the theory that the shipment is being held up due to the bankruptcy of some Chinese shipping company... unless they're also an air shipper.  

I may have missed it, but did anyone read how DJI will be alerting us to actual NEWS of the manufacturing/shipping status?  Will it just be a post in this thread?  Will they plaster the home page with announcements?  Will we get email?  What about those who purchased through third party merchants?  Some of us (ok, me) kinda NEED the thing for a major project that could have HUGE financial consequences if mid-November deadline is blown.  :-/
2016-10-19
Use props
Kalock
lvl.2

United States

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-19 20:57

This is unfortunately common when you order from a major retailer via Amazon versus direct.  You get the benefit of only being charged on ship but the negative is any delay could cause an auto cancel.  I've had it happen numerous times.  Sometimes Amazon is like gambling...
2016-10-19
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Canada

Something is wrong for sure.. I have ordered OSMO Mobile which is a new product ( Not same as OSMO) and no delays and got shipped on the exact day they told it will be released !!! on time from China via DHL ( Freight Air )
2016-10-19
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

They changed the tagline for the Mavic on main page: MAVIC: NOWHERE TO GO
2016-10-19
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Australia

Cancel order - crowd fund - new company?

It's going to happen DJI
2016-10-19
Use props
copilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

janvg Posted at 2016-10-20 17:03
Thanks for the update. Just to be clear: I feel sorry for everyone who's waiting. I can imagine th ...

I wonder how many have been ordered down hia!! Ive been told a small amount could turn up hia 31st october....
2016-10-19
Use props
captain!
New

United States

This Mavic Pro is turning out to be more of a phantom than the Phantom ever was.  ;-p
2016-10-19
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Canada

pdbim25eeT7h Posted at 2016-10-20 00:58
Cancel order - crowd fund - new company?

It's going to happen DJI

good luck with that !!! DJI is the Apple for Drones !!!

Look what happend to the Competition !!

https://www.therobotreport.com/n ... rones-and-3dr-didnt
2016-10-19
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Could there be a trademark problem with this company?
http://www.mavic.com
2016-10-19
Use props
SHJMw4xhOqc8
lvl.2

Australia

AYA74 Posted at 2016-10-20 13:05
Could there be a trademark problem with this company?
http://www.mavic.com

no this has already been addressed.
2016-10-19
Use props
copilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

captain! Posted at 2016-10-20 18:03
This Mavic Pro is turning out to be more of a phantom than the Phantom ever was.  ;-p

Lol haha nice one
2016-10-19
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

Dronez Posted at 2016-10-19 21:12
I don't know bud. It's very easy to update an Amazon order. I get emails all the time about new sh ...

I recently had an order for an APC surge protector completely cancelled after several delays. It surprised me and did not seem like the usual Amazon experience, even though it wasn't really their fault.
2016-10-19
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

hzokTX3cVPWd Posted at 2016-10-20 06:46
I'm thoroughly disappointed in DJI and how they have missed their own shipping date.  It's like when ...

Thanks for this great true words!
All we want is the truth and a clear statement about the shipping date!
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

pdbim25eeT7h Posted at 2016-10-20 12:47
I tried update again at chat team.
Same crappy paste of info (even after I requested please do not p ...

5 kids? Holy moly. I have 2, so I can't even imagine. Maybe you should put one up for auction? ;) Then you can afford a lot of drones.
2016-10-19
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Australia

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-20 13:25
5 kids? Holy moly. I have 2, so I can't even imagine. Maybe you should put one up for auction?   ...

I'm only young too, I need this drone to escape and fly away
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

SHJMw4xhOqc8 Posted at 2016-10-20 13:08
no this has already been addressed.

Tahoe Ed has said no to this, but he also admits he has no insider knowledge from the business or marketing teams. So ultimately he doesn't know.

The truth is that the trademark applications are still pending, have not been awarded yet, so to adamantly say this is not the cause of the delay is wrong. Slim chance, but still possible.
2016-10-19
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

Mayoo Posted at 2016-10-20 12:41
BestBuy Canada will move that Date few times .. just watch .. Better to order from DJI Direct or B ...

I don't think I would ever order directly from DJI unless in stock and I do not see why BestBuy US will be faster, products come from China deliver to Canada all the time.
2016-10-19
Use props
userde968106c1
lvl.1

Just found this video from a us reseller https://youtu.be/ykv_jG9O78E
2016-10-19
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Canada

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-20 01:32
I don't think I would ever order directly from DJI unless in stock and I do not see why BestBuy US ...

If you are from Canada, You should always order from DJI Site to save taxes as the duties are already included in the price !!! Also Free shipping !!

Make sure to use 0% Foreign transaction credit card ( Amazon Chase VISA or Rogers Master Card ) to take full advantage !!!

More info for canadians here - http://forum.dji.com/thread-19852-1-1.html

2016-10-19
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft

has any tech news sites reported on the DJI Mavic delay?
2016-10-19
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

Mayoo Posted at 2016-10-20 13:03
good luck with that !!! DJI is the Apple for Drones !!!

Look what happend to the Competition !!

This is an interesting article, thanks. Never think another company couldn't come along, DJI is definitely leading the way now but anything could happen! I don't think anyone ever thought Samsung would build a phone that catches fire, losing 17 billion and customer faith, part of the reason was that they handled the problem so poorly. I don't own any Apple products because I don't like their software and locked hardware but they have great customer service.
2016-10-19
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-20 07:25
5 kids? Holy moly. I have 2, so I can't even imagine. Maybe you should put one up for auction?   ...

Amazing
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules