Car charger for Phantom 4
767 7 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damasceno.catar
New

Tanzania

Hi All,

I've tried the car charger for Phantom4 but it took almost 4h to get the battery fully charger, any ideas of what can I do to improve the time of charging?

Thanks.

Catarina

2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Catarina, you charged battery and remote at the same time, or only battery? how about the temperature around and input voltage?Please check the following tips:
Car charge.png
2016-10-20
Use props
damasceno.catar
New

Tanzania

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-20 11:49
Hi Catarina, you charged battery and remote at the same time, or only battery? how about the tempera ...

Just the battery. Outside temperature was hot but inside the car had the AC on (not sure if it makes it better)
2016-10-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most likely that is the case. In the car you are doing DC to DC. You may have better results using anInverter.
2016-10-20
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Car charger takes about 1 hour for me, but only if the engine is running all the time.  

If I stop the engine then the voltage drops and then it takes forever.  I'm not sure if it stops charging to save the car battery from complete discharge or if it just charges slowly.

If you did have the engine on all the time then it might be worth checking the voltage on your socket, possibly it is restricted, or maybe it is less if the aircon is turned on and using all the available power.
2016-10-20
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>

I too have a car charger, and if the engine is running it does take longer then if you were to plug it into an outlet.  In my case, if the engine is turned off, I think my car stop providing power to the plug-in about about an hour...and yes it does take forever if the engine is not running.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

damasceno.catar Posted at 2016-10-20 17:55
Just the battery. Outside temperature was hot but inside the car had the AC on (not sure if it mak ...

OK, please help clarify it is the DJI official car charger, right?
May I know how did you charge it and did you notice any abnormal situation during charging?
2016-10-20
Use props
lilsou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

My guess is your car's cigarette lighter is not up to spec. I have a car that takes forever to charge my phone, but using the same hardware, in my other car it charges twice as fast. Try with another car and see.
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules