Osmo Pro stutter issues
2317 6 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aaron23
New

United States

Hello all.
I was wondering if anyone could help with this osmo pro issue. I am an original osmo owner and I purchased the x5, adapter and the olympus 12mm as an add on. I mainly do real estate videography. Durring post production I realized some stuttering in the movement of the osmo. Mainly when panning the camera but this also happens on dolly movements when I attach the osmo pro to a tripod and dolly, so it seems to be camera related and not the gimbal. I film at a frame rate of 30p with a shutter double the frame rate. It also occure at 60p 120fps . I did not see/notice these issues with the x3 camera. I have watched other x5 videos online and have seen this video stutter (like it skips a frame or 5) but it is not at the extent I experence.
This stutter happens when I am using the joystick and using my finger on the mobile device to pan the camera. When watching the camera pan, it does not seem to stutter but you can see it heavily in the footage. Maybe this is exaggerated due to the nature of heavy verticle lines in homes? Either way, its driving me crazy and making me regret spending $3,000. (I was an early adaptor of both the osmo and x5)

The issue is seen in the raw footage so it is not a post production issue.

I am on Firmware version 1.3.4.0 (just updated) and experienced the same issues. I am actually now getting a firmware update notice in the dji app but when I click on it, it states, can not download the update, please wait. I am also having an issue with the x5 being level and the drifting but thats another story lol.

DJI just wants me to send the x5 in and has no comment on my issues which is typical of them from what I hear.

Here is some test footage where it occurs at 2sec in. It is more noticable in full screen and extremely noticable on my 34" qhd samsung display.

Here is my latest video of a before and after remodel. the jittering is in almost every shot. Its extra noticable in the dolly shot of the kitchen and the osmo is not even panning.

Any advise or tips would be greately apperciated or am I being too picky? If I have to send this thing into DJI, I will.

Thank you all in advance

2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, the issue is with the gimbal, the motor has increased friction for some reason.  So the panning with the thumb stick is not smooth.  I'm sorry to say that you need to email support.us@dji.com and send it in.
2016-10-20
Use props
aaron23
New

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-21 15:28
Hi, the issue is with the gimbal, the motor has increased friction for some reason.  So the panning  ...

Thank you! But are you sure? Look at the second video at ;45 seconds in, there is a dolly shot where the camera doesnt even pan buy the choppiness of the video is awful. Either way u r right, ill just have to send this in after my next shoot is done. Thank you. I still think its a canera issue though.
2016-10-21
Use props
trashbinz
lvl.1

United States

Aaron23... Did DJI ever resolve this for you?

I'm curious as I had the exact same video stuttering issues with my OSMO (X3)... I've used my OSMO less than 10 times... It worked fine the first few times; then, the stuttering started randomly this summer out of nowhere... I had a list of literally 100+ different troubleshooting items I tried from new SD cards, different frame rates; different device connections using an iPad, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (turning on airplane mode, shutting down all apps, etc.), and a Samsung Galaxy tablet; different geographical locations; different lighting conditions; uninstalling / reinstalling DJI Go app; resetting OSMO and reinstalling firmware; to using a friend's phone, etc., etc., etc. and still had the same stutter issues...Sent my OSMO in three different times and issue was never resolved... After the third repair, I ended up talking to a Customer Support manager back in September and we walked through more troubleshooting with no resolution...

She said she'd find out what she "could do for me" and would call me back... Two months later and never called me back... Unprofessional... $1500 (including accessories) down the drain...

I don't know if it's a bad batch of select OSMO's but DJI should correct this asap... Many others have experienced this same issue with the X3 and X5 versions, which you can Google... It should be smooth as butter... Especially, for a device that costs $1K to $4K...
2016-11-30
Use props
Rastus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 605210 ft
United States

I realize this post is a few months old.
In my opinion the Osmo X3 is a complete failure for doing any serious work.
My unit had the stutter problem the day I received it. I sent it back. The second unit did the same thing
I've accepted that it is an inferior product and moved on...
2017-2-27
Use props
kiloj757
New

United States

I have the exact same problem, I even sent mine in since the gimbal stopped working and they sent me back a brand new gimbal last month and it is still doing it.

Starts at 1:10 - example:

Does anyone or DJI have any suggestions on how to fix this issue yet? It seems very irritating that we are spending this much money and all of our footage looks like a rusty tripod is being operated by a 4-year old..
2017-6-4
Use props
Gaetano Caracci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269505 ft
Italy

hehehehe, on line you can find much tutorial for resolve this. But at the first time, you can make it less by the shutter speed. If you want to use it as a ground camera, it needs a lot of light, not to create artifacts, just like all the current cameras.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules