White soft gimbal guard out of the box?
856 5 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
monstermash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26240 ft
Canada

Got my drone few days ago and just noticed, after a few flights, that there's a white soft, almost like rubber guard around the gimbal.  I saw it there but thought it was supposed to stay there.  All I did was install the clear gimbal guard when I was done flying.  There is a red sticker on it that says "remove before flight" but I didn't  see that until yesterday.  Is this guard supposed to be put back on after every flight?  I don't remember seeing this guard in the start up info??
I've watched a few unboxing videos and never saw it on any?

2016-10-21
Use props
rsw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft

I think you can leave it off. I keep mine for when I travel. I've been using this one I got off Amazon. It covers the lens and supports the gimbal.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41dS4dgBaRL.jpg
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi monstermash, you need remove the white soft before flying, or it will have a negative influence on the gimbal as well as shoot.
There is no need to put it back on after every flight.
2016-10-22
Use props
monstermash
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-23 02:41
Hi monstermash, you need remove the white soft before flying, or it will have a negative influence o ...

Is it just me or does it mention this anywhere in the instructions, I never read this.  Anybody else do the same thing as me?  I guess I just didn't examine the gimbal close enough.....
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

monstermash Posted at 2016-10-25 00:11
Is it just me or does it mention this anywhere in the instructions, I never read this.  Anybody el ...

Because there is a red sticker on it to remind you remove it before flight.
2016-10-24
Use props
monstermash
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-25 03:25
Because there is a red sticker on it to remind you remove it before flight.

Yes there is but like everybody else, that I've read, when you pull the drone out of the box, the clear plastic gimbal brace falls off and you think that's all there is is to protect the gimbal but there is one more.
2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules