P4 being chased
1164 8 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

Today was a decent day for flying so took the drone in front of blackpool tower on the beach, went out to sea a bit then heard the cries of seagulls, must have been 40 or more started to chase my drone, I had to flick into sports mode to evade them did a circuit around the beach while seagulls hot on my tail, wish I was able to film this as the people watching was going historical pointing what seemed a life time and a heart in mouth moment, needless to say no seagulls was injured nor my p4, I subsequently moved further down from the life boat building as the seagulls seemed to gang up there.!!

Didn't record as I was setting horizon well trying to before I was under attack

Was they chasing me as I'm seen as a threat or was they having a good laugh, as they did sound like they was!!

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=WtGEXk
2016-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is it breeding time for seagulls noticed hundreds of baby gulls at the beach this morning.
2016-10-21
Use props
stephen_carney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70873 ft
Australia

birds are very interested in P4's, from little wagtails, to magpies, seagulls, then hawks and eagles, we have them all in Australia.

If you fly anywhere near their nest, they may attack the drone.
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Flying with the Seagulls
2016-10-21
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-21 21:20
Is it breeding time for seagulls noticed hundreds of baby gulls at the beach this morning.

Possible as there were lots of the darker ones not gone completely white, so maybe after drone, seagulls in Blackpool are very brazen, clear a family from a table earring food no problems, so a drone is easy pickings
2016-10-21
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Also noticed on my battery cell 4 seems needle is higher than the others on the log can someone care to look and maybe explain if it's ok as my other batteries don't seem to show it in other logs
2016-10-21
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Belgium

Swallows as well are like kamikaze when they see it ;)
2016-10-24
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

When I fly around my place late in the afternoon, sometimes dozens of small birds fly around my drone. At first it scared the cr@p out of me, later i just started to relax and play with them. They were just checking me out and no contact was made with any of them even after I started to play with them flying around a little crazy.  They are much better flyers than I.
2016-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules