Question for the Brits on Pv2+ set-up
874 4 2015-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manch
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello folks, first of probably many posts/questions.
In UK would it be a big mistake to select FCC rather than CE mode? I'm not getting into the legalities of this issue, but surely the greater range must reduce the chances of the quad getting out of control providing you're not intent on 'pushing the envelope'?
Second question: I can get an unlocked iphone 5 pretty cheaply. Would that be good for the FPV even if I didnt put a SIM card in it?

PV2+ coming on Saturday, limited flying experience (few hours on an Parrot AR2) any start-off tips much appreciated and if you are in Surrey it might be wise to wear a protective helmet when outside until I get to grips!

2015-2-3
Use props
jackjdparker.gm
New

United Kingdom

FCC will be fine. I repair phantoms on a daily basis and many come in FCC mode.
2015-2-3
Use props
leslierushforth
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am in the town of Chesterfield here in the U.K.
I have only had my Phantom vesion 2 + version 3 for just over a month.
I have only flown it twice due to the weather factor.
It flyed perfect no problems. I have my distance set up to only fly 100 mtrs radius and not to fly above 30 mtrs.
I fly FCC because it gives me more range extended power from the transmiter.
Does any smart phone work without a SIM card ?.
Good luck ...fantastic piece ok kit. Enjoy.
2015-2-3
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

CE mode is fine for Europe, enough range to comply with the line of sight rules and keeps things legal.
If you must fly with a higher power output then please keep it under your hat and not shout about it, or the powers that be will be forced to make the next wave of updates include a locked country specific power output.
2015-2-3
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-4 02:12
CE mode is fine for Europe, enough range to comply with the line of sight rules and keeps things leg ...

I mark your word on this. I'll also bet this will be one of the next restrictions, slong with a ban on 400/600mW transmitters.
2015-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules