2213 7 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brerwolfe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4182034 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did a search for this topic and did not find the answer, so I thought it would be appropriate to begin a new discussion.

To be clear, I have no hard landings on my Inspire and probably 100 flights, so my gimbal motor overload is not flight-inspired.

Long-story short, I unpacked my Inspire from its travel so I could get a pretty sunset photo over a vineyard during my recent trip to Napa Valley. Got the propellors attached and took off, within 20 seconds the error popped up and the camera locked itself and no longer had stabilization.

I landed, re-cycled the power to clear the error, took off again, and again the error popped within 20 seconds.

Now that I'm home I've removed my x3 camera and cleaned the area with alcohol. The contacts are all clean anyway because the camera is never removed from the Inspire (the case allows for travel in "Landing Mode").

I have no idea what the issue could be. I've even tested in my house (no propellors on the Inspire, obviously), and after mock-flying for 20-30 seconds the camera suddenly locks and the error goes across my screen.

Please tell me I'm not the only person to have this issue. Please tell me there's a solution to fix this without having to send my Inspire off to a repair shop.
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing this,brerwolfe.
I think it's probably a hardware issue.I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? Have you already tried an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order?
2016-10-23
Use props
Zbounce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181125 ft
United States

I am also having the same issue but it is due to a hard landing, this is a x3, my z3 acts fine.
Z
2016-10-24
Use props
brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-24 01:50
Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? Have you already tried an I ...

There hasn't been a new firmware update or hard landing, this was something cometely out of the blue as far as I could tell. And yes, IMU and Gimbal calibrations did nothing to resolve the situation.

A neighbor of mine has a number of different DJI products, he's a hardcore hobbyist. He let me borrow one of his spare X3's and, lo and behold, no Gimbal Motor Overload. So at least I know it's nothing to do with the Inspire itself, or the circuit board, or the copper contacts from gimbal to Inspire.

I contacted an authorised DJI repair center I've used in the past (DroneNerds, based in Miami), but they said they don't do repairs on the X3, so it looks like I'll have to check with DJI directly to figure out if it's worth repairing or if I should just buy one off my neighbor.
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

brerwolfe@gmail Posted at 2016-10-25 03:25
There hasn't been a new firmware update or hard landing, this was something cometely out of the blu ...

Going through DJI directly would be the best course of action if you want to try to have it covered under warranty. They can be contacted via support.us@dji.com or call +1 818-235-0789. Right now, the average turnaround time is 1-2 weeks depending on what is determined the issue.
2016-10-24
Use props
brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-24 16:39
Going through DJI directly would be the best course of action if you want to try to have it covere ...

Thank you, I'll try that route!
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

brerwolfe@gmail Posted at 2016-10-25 06:37
Thank you, I'll try that route!

You're welcome. They'll get you up and running again in no time.
2016-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules