Help with set up PLEASE HELP
708 6 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willisreeseiii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272979 ft
United States

I just bought the phantom 4 and when I download the DJI GO app for my android tablet and hook up the items it is showing the wrong camera. It shows the Inspire 1 instead of my phantom 4. Am I doing something wrong or is there away to delete that wrong camera and have it show the equipment for my camera? Plsease someone help me.

2016-10-22
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

You need to select your model from the 'connect' screen.  If you put your finger on the image of the Inspire and slide it left, you'll get an image of the Phantom 4.  Once there, tap the 'camera' bar and you should connect to the P4

2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just as Jwt873 mentioned, it shows " Camera" or "How to connect" when access to the phantom 4 image?
May I know what tablet you are using? the firmware for aircraft and remote is up to date? and APP is the latest version, right?
Please try to restart them, unplug USB cable and plug it again, you could also change the order to turn them on.
2016-10-22
Use props
willisreeseiii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272979 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-22 22:38
Just as Jwt873 mentioned, it shows " Camera" or "How to connect" when access to the phantom 4 image? ...

I think we got it to find the camera now and we updated the software for the phantom 4. The only question I have now is will the DJI GO App tell you if you need to upgrade the RC controller or do I have to do this manually? If I have to do it where do I find the firmware updates tab in the DJI GO APP?
2016-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The intuitive Go app will always tell you of a firmware update availability.
It will be up to you, whether you decide to update it, or continue, on an earlier version.

I think it's important to update each and every time. Simply because DJI refuses to tell us "all the update details".

There could be fixes or new features that you won't know about until you actually do the new update.
Thankfully we can always revert to a previous firmware version, for whatever reasons.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

willisreeseiii Posted at 2016-10-23 10:50
I think we got it to find the camera now and we updated the software for the phantom 4. The only q ...

Maybe you just upgraded the aircraft firmware but not the remote controller, please refer to the following instruction to upgrade it:
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to Natalia's advice, please make sure you have your USB settings set to MTP mode and that USB Debugging is enabled. Your unit is already activated, correct?
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules