RC update 1.8.0
5301 15 2016-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pierre.lemarcha
lvl.2
France

Hello,

I have read on "Phantom 3 Series Remote Controller Notes de version (EN) 2016-10-13" on DJI's website that  there is a new firmware update for the Remote Controller.
As the last update for the P3 is still the 1.9.6 from 2016/06/13, I wonder how to update the RC to this new release.

Thanks

2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

V1.9.6 is firmware for aircraft, while the previous firmware version for remote is V1.6.0.
We released a new version for remote, V1.8.0, please refer to this tutorial to upgrade it:
2016-10-24
Use props
menksters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80112 ft
United States

THIS RC 1.8 update is full of bugs when using Android devices. Video output is full of breakups, weird bars etc. I suggest no one should update at this time. Have been advised DJI is aware of this and working to correct it. What this Mavic craze going on it may be some time before we see a fix. Don't know if same is true for IOS users.    donnie
2016-10-24
Use props
menksters
lvl.2
United States

Full of bugs. don't do it.   donnie
2016-10-24
Use props
menksters
lvl.2
United States

So why does dji not chime in here and give us an update? That's you Natalia.....
2016-10-24
Use props
vindes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30125 ft
Netherlands

menksters@msn.c Posted at 2016-10-25 01:59
So why does dji not chime in here and give us an update? That's you Natalia.....

Choose a manual transmission channel and it is fixed
2016-10-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or update DJI Go for Android to V3.0.1 which was released yesterday/today, this has resolve the video transmission breakup I was having on my Nexus 7 (2013).
2016-10-26
Use props
KuChar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 723156 ft
Poland

vindes Posted at 2016-10-26 16:25
Choose a manual transmission channel and it is fixed

How can i do that?
2016-10-26
Use props
vindes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30125 ft
Netherlands

Click on custom in the channel settings screen.
If you are not in the US, you need to change the region setting on your apple to US first.

If you click custom, you can select a channel manually.  Select whatever channel that has the smallest bar.
2016-10-26
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer

No issues for IOS on 2 P3P's.

Barney
2016-10-26
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-26 23:08
Or update DJI Go for Android to V3.0.1 which was released yesterday/today, this has resolve the vide ...

Glad that solved your issue, but I still say that the RC firmware upgrade is the culprit.  My Samsung Tab A worked just fine with V3.01 of the DJI Go with the older RC firmware but video transmission is horrible with the new firmware.  I'm planning to downgrade.
2016-10-30
Use props
Gideon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45249 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

menksters@msn.c Posted at 2016-10-24 21:04
THIS RC 1.8 update is full of bugs when using Android devices. Video output is full of breakups, weird bars etc. I suggest no one should update at this time. Have been advised DJI is aware of this and working to correct it. What this Mavic craze going on it may be some time before we see a fix. Don't know if same is true for IOS users.    donnie

yes i mine also, when in atti mode if you ascend it and let go of the handle it will continue to accelerate and you cant stop it unless you will turn the trottle down.. whew good thing my craft is without props. hehe! i always test all the functions and signal before i attach the prop to make sure everythings responding from the aircraft and the RC. right now iwill not fly my toy until thers a new fix updates DJI PLS,PLS make sure of your updates to test it before uploading.bec if we do the testing its expensive. from now on. Im not buying any new dji toys!  
2016-12-20
Use props
TheCross
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29656 ft
United States

The 1.8 update was a big disappointment. I currently have a Phantom 4 (not pro) with my RC upgraded with an HDMI module. This update knocks out the signal and video and forces you to take time downgrading the firmware of the RC to be able to use it again functionally. Even after downgrading back to 1.6 it still seems to keep some intermittent video glitches and blocky pixelation. I'm not the only one that has seen this problem with the new update as there is a thread about it HERE.  DJI when are we going to see a new RC update to address the bugs and a fix for the Phantom 4 RC with the HDMI module?
2017-2-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gideon Posted at 2016-12-20 18:35
yes i mine also, when in atti mode if you ascend it and let go of the handle it will continue to accelerate and you cant stop it unless you will turn the trottle down.. whew good thing my craft is without props. hehe! i always test all the functions and signal before i attach the prop to make sure everythings responding from the aircraft and the RC. right now iwill not fly my toy until thers a new fix updates DJI PLS,PLS make sure of your updates to test it before uploading.bec if we do the testing its expensive. from now on. Im not buying any new dji toys!

Have you tried recalibrating the RC sticks ? That might sort out your issue when you release the controls, the aircraft should just stop as you say.
2017-2-17
Use props
Gideon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45249 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-17 05:36
Have you tried recalibrating the RC sticks ? That might sort out your issue when you release the controls, the aircraft should just stop as you say.

yes a lot of times!!! also cold and other calibrations. i never flew it anymore until someone can address this issue. i will not take chances to hurt or damage properties. better safe than sorry as of now wont buying dji products. many here are selling there phantoms 2-4 even new mavic.hehe!
2017-7-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gideon Posted at 2017-7-18 01:14
yes a lot of times!!! also cold and other calibrations. i never flew it anymore until someone can address this issue. i will not take chances to hurt or damage properties. better safe than sorry as of now wont buying dji products. many here are selling there phantoms 2-4 even new mavic.hehe!

I just re-read your post ( my memory had failed after five months :-)  ), I see you were testing without props attached. The results will probably be a bit different from when props on and engines under load, different situation.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules