Shooting RAW and using CineLight
1302 2 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
john61
New

Australia

Information seems to be very hard to come by on this camera and workflow.

I have some questions and I'm hoping some here might be able to answer.

What is the native ISO of the X5R ?

Why is it that its advertised as shooting DNGs when shooting RAW, but there's not any way to access the files outside of using cinelight ?

DNG is an open standard.  It seems a shame that there is only such a closed way of accessing the DNG files.

I've shot some tests at the "alleged" native iso of 100 using dLOG but it looks way over exposed to me when processed at the same exposure settings against (adjusted) another camera.

When I eyeball the exposure using the in-camera tools it seems much better lower and it doesn't seem like it's ISO 100 at the exposure settings I have for that exposure.

All I really want to do is create a LUT so I can have the Osmo better match another camera (in this case an Ursa Mini 4.6K) but it's so crazy difficult to get at the RAW files I'm about to give up.

What I really want is to be able to open the DNGs natively in Resolve and grade them to taste.  Has anyone got a workflow for that that doens't mean going though the incredibly primitive and clunky DJI software ?

JB

John Brawley
Cinematographer
Melbourne Australia
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, you an export DNG files stored in the camera with Cinelight to your computer for editing.
2016-10-26
Use props
john61
New

Australia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-26 20:20
Hi, you an export DNG files stored in the camera with Cinelight to your computer for editing.

Hello.

I can't export them as DNG's though can I ?  

At the moment I can only TRANSCODE them to another video format from DNG.  

JB

2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules