Who to buy from or wait till in-store?
987 5 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D.Christians
lvl.1

United States

So I am super late.  At this point who should I order it from today (10/25/2016)?  I have been going between Best Buy, DJI, and Apple, or should I just wait for in-store.  Any thoughts? Thank you!
2016-10-25
Use props
Eric Mavic
lvl.2

United States

You may be in luck, best buy claims you can receive it by Nov 1 if you order today. There are people, like me, who pre-ordered on Sept 27 and still have no update on when it would ship (as of today). Granted I did order a combo which turned out to be a huge mistake on my part.
2016-10-25
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

To be honest I'm going to wait till Apple has it it in store. In my opinion you should wait.....
2016-10-25
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Id order with best buy if you want to place an order today.
2016-10-25
Use props
rtazz17
lvl.2

Nobody really is in the know.... I dont think you will have luck getting one in a store though..
2016-10-25
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Depends on where you live, and possibly what your taxes are.

For me, I did not want to buy from BestBuy, because of the nearly $80 in tax. The same would be true ordering from Amazon (if it ships from Amazon). NewEgg would not have any tax, for me, but might for others, depending on where they live. I ordered through Amazon, but not FROM amazon, on a card that I get 5% cash back on. So, in the end, the Mavic costs $950, no tax, free shipping. Another thing to consider is if it is coming from a place where you can return it if it is defective. Again, Amazon stands by itself and it's re-sellers. For me, Amazon was the clear choice. NewEgg would have been better, in retrospect, but it's too late now, as you can't even order from them. It just says "sold out"
2016-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules