Happy. I am so happy. We have another baby in the world!
3283 64 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

Have fun! I saw in YouTube that many people have received their own and fly safe!
2016-10-27
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-26 10:38
Congratulations on receiving your little friend.
To attach photos, use the Advanced tab.

HEY, Ken,  got back from my trip, and last night was the first time I really had a chance to start to look over the Mavic,   I fried the hard drive on my computer when I was out of town, so got to get it fixed today, before,  I hook stuff and start to see how everything works,  But the issue I have at the moment, is that I picked up the controller out  of the box,  and  the  right stick sticks to the left,  the first time I moved it,  it stuck full left,  I moved it back to the right,  and moved it again, and it  stuck 3/4 left,  after doing some circular moves, its better,  but  still seems to drag in the left direction,  Like I said I have not been able to hook it up to a computer yet,  and not sure why it would do it,  the left stick is free and eazy,   After reading all the issues,  I am a little concerned about taking this thing out,  Its been a few years,  and I hate to have a equipment error, vs my error,  Have you heard any reports of this?   Thought I would  get it hooked up tonight after I get my computer fixed,  and see what the stick movement shows,   Let me know what you think,  thanks  Ron
2016-11-8
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

superjet96 Posted at 2016-10-26 19:40
You are probably the only one who has a pic of their Mavic box before you even received it LOL.  Lov ...

It's not a toy, it's an small aircraft.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2016-11-8 23:58
HEY, Ken,  got back from my trip, and last night was the first time I really had a chance to start ...

Ron,
There are a handful of RC stick cases, if it physically seems to drag and not center then you don't want it doing that. I know you've waited a long time for it but you may want to send it in for evaluation.
When it first arrived before your vacation you didn't notice this?Can you power everything up and go to the RC calibration screen and post a video clip of you moving the stick and it will physically not center and the onscreen data showing it's not centering.
Thanks.
2016-11-8
Use props
Thomusvoo
lvl.2

United States

awww shes a cutie
2016-11-8
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-8 11:14
It's not a toy, it's an small aircraft.

2016-11-8
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 09:14
Ron,
There are a handful of RC stick cases, if it physically seems to drag and not center then you  ...

NO,  I did not play with the controller  at all,  just took the Mavic out of the box, open the wings,  and folded it back up and put it in the box,  pulled the box of manuals and took the with me,   Last night was the first time I moved the sticks,  then today I spent at Microsoft, getting my computer operating system reinstalled,  they did it last night on line, and messed it up, and it would not boot,  so,  just got back with it,  So I will not try to do any testing on the Mavic until tomorrow,   will try to make a video of the stick it they are off,  looks like rain for the next few days, so would not be flying anyway, but wanted to play with the simulator,,,  will update you,  thanks for the guidance,  Ron
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

HWKIDD Posted at 2016-11-9 10:02
NO,  I did not play with the controller  at all,  just took the Mavic out of the box, open the win ...

Ok let me know how it goes, and sorry you were having computer issues.
2016-11-8
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 20:03
Ok let me know how it goes, and sorry you were having computer issues.

OK,  got the computer back up and run,  asst 2 downloaded,  logged in,  firm where updated, on  mavic, and controller,    Is there a video somewhere on using the simulator with the Mavic,   should be in the air in a few days,  not rush,  just working on making sure I understand the controls,  and  what to do if something is not working correctly,  Tried the simulator,  but  the on screen bird did not move,  but the  gauges, hight, distant did  listed the change when I move the sticks,  and  return to home beeped,  but  quad not flying,  I must be doing something wrong,   let me know if there is a video on the simulator,  thanks Ron
2016-11-9
Use props
fans1c9fffff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

Congrats!....
I noticed the security label looks like its broken. It could have been broken by Customs. Hope all in package is OK.
Happy flying!!
2016-11-9
Use props
fans1c9fffff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 02:38
Congratulations on receiving your little friend.
To attach photos, use the Advanced tab.

Ken is this the guy that's been banned from the forum>>>>fans1c9fffff

I notice his name begins with "fans" however the other characters are different on various posts.

Just wondering
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

HWKIDD Posted at 2016-11-10 10:00
OK,  got the computer back up and run,  asst 2 downloaded,  logged in,  firm where updated, on  ma ...

Ron,
Search YouTube and you may find some videos there. In simulator mode the aircraft should move in the direction you move the sticks.
I know this is your baby and I do not want to see it get damaged, please go slowly.
Also, subscribe to the DJI YouTube channel as there are many helpful videos there.
Below is the link.
Here is an important one that all should watch below.Also, watch the video in this thread.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-70833-1-1.html
Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ/featured

2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fans1c9fffff Posted at 2016-11-10 10:21
Ken is this the guy that's been banned from the forum>>>>fans1c9fffff

I notice his name begins wi ...

The user you are referring to is the same username as you fans1c9fffff.
The fans!!!!!! was explained in another thread. You must select a username that does not have the same as your DJI email.http://forum.dji.com/thread-70494-1-1.html
2016-11-9
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-9 19:12
Ron,
Search YouTube and you may find some videos there. In simulator mode the aircraft should move ...

have watched those,  and have them save in a follow up review file,  thanks again,   
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2016-11-10 11:30
have watched those,  and have them save in a follow up review file,  thanks again,

That's great, I'm really glad you are taking the time to learn as much as you can.
2016-11-10
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-26 11:31
on the DJI Care Refresh purchase, I'd suggest everyone purchase as it's a really great p ...

Ken,  have a question about assistant 2 simulator,   when I am playing around and just in a hover,  should I see a number  like 1.89  under yaw?   hen I fly in a strait line it seems to pull to one side,  does that have anything to do with calibration of the controller,   even had it on my phone in the djigo app?   Also is there any different settings on the assistant w simulator,  like in the dji go app?   thanks,   Ron

Ps,  still waiting on a break in the weather,  and  extra battery and props to arrive, if ever, lol,  before we get out,  think it will be on next Wednesday,  in Idaho at my son's place,  has a few clear fields, and nothing else around, but trees,  so  should be a fun  flight,  but  wanted to  see about the yaw thing on the controller,  I have tried to calibrate, in dji go app,  but  do not get any white line  like the demo,  just read out of 100 percent as stick is moved to edges,   thanks again
2016-11-15
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

5W1qoIwaf3En Posted at 2016-10-26 13:56
It just looks like Canada. You should move here

I zoomed in on fedex truck license plate and it looks like WA.
And yes, it's raining here in the north west.
2016-11-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2016-11-16 06:17
Ken,  have a question about assistant 2 simulator,   when I am playing around and just in a hover, ...

Preform a RC calibration slowly. Also please install the latest firmware.
2016-11-15
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-15 15:00

have the latest firmware,   have watch demo's of  stick cal,  but they show a white line going around the box,  mine does not do that, should it?  or just have the dashes,,,  a bit different than the old vision
2016-11-15
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-15 15:00

CONTROLER

CONTROLER

my phone is a samsung s5 android,   OK,  THINK I GOT IT,  seems my phone was not showing the total picture,  but it does not say finish it says done,  when you click on that, nothing tells me if it was done correctly or not,,   below was my first message sent to you,,  i have edited, to update,,,,
ken,   another follow up,   I have gone into the dji app again to calibrate the sticks,  I have followed the instructions,  and gone around the box 4 times,  and then did the camera up down,  I only get a line 3/4 the way on the camera,  on each side,  before the update it went all the way,   I do not get any line when calibrating the sticks,  and then the instructions say  then press finish to complete the calibration,,,, I have no finish button anyplace,    I have include a picture,  the lines in the box appear to be solid but they are dashes,   Looks to me like there is some issue I am having,  could you please advise what I should do now.  thanks Ron
2016-11-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2016-11-16 09:18
my phone is a samsung s5 android,   OK,  THINK I GOT IT,  seems my phone was not showing the total ...

Ron, what is your email and I will walk you through it tomorrow.
2016-11-15
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-15 21:57
Ron, what is your email and I will walk you through it tomorrow.

HWKIDD@AOL.COM
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Email sent.
2016-11-16
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

KEN,  well we took the plunge today,  went over to my son's in Idaho,  we are about 40 miles away from anything but mountians around us,    took it out in the field,  and  started it up,  got a imu error,   picked it up and  was  moving across the field,  and   screen started to  flash ready to fly,  sit it down,  did a compass dance,   and  every thing checked out, solid 10 sat's   so   powered it own,    lifted off the ground,  about three feet,   got home lock,   and   WOW!!!!!  FUN FUN FUN,   just played around in beginners mode for the first battery,  going up and down,  squares,  and stuff like that,  took a few pictures,  and a video,  now just need to learn how to transfer from unit,  as I left my card reader at home,  but will give me something to do after the turkey,,, I would once again,  like to thank you for your assistant,   The delays,  although painful (lol)   made me really watch other video's and follow the forum,  and  Learn,,  Thanks again  everything went great this time,   charging the battery again,  and  maybe will try some other stuff, but then again,  I am just happy to go out and learn slow,,,   Please keep doing what you do,  and let the crap roll off,  once everyone gets there's they will  understand the value of the wait,,,, happy thanksgiving,   and better yet,  happy droning,,
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2016-11-25 04:05
KEN,  well we took the plunge today,  went over to my son's in Idaho,  we are about 40 miles away  ...

That's wonderful news, glad you got it up in the air.
And remember to take your time and go slow.
2016-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules