Can't bind to new controller
2054 8 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob.elliott82.g
lvl.1
United States

My Vision+ binds perfectly with my original controller, but does not detect the new controller and will not bind to it. (I notice that my original controller beeps twice when I turn it on, whereas the new one beeps three times. I do not know if this is related to the issue.)   Can anyone help with this?

2015-2-4
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

OK first and silly question is do you have the right replacement transmitter for the V+ ie. the 5.8GHz version ?
2015-2-4
Use props
swomilan.hotmai
lvl.4

Mexico

Two beeps = FCC mode, single beep = CE mode,  it's just the transmit power and won't have an effect on the ability to bind.  
You are following the binding instructions outlined in the manual?
You have the original transmitter powered off when you try to bind with the new one?
You power cycled your phantom prior to binding the new transmitter?
And yes to the prev. question is it a 5.8GHz transmitter? ( assume it would be if you have a new one with the camera tilt wheel )
2015-2-4
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
United Kingdom

One of the first things I learnt on this forum, is never to "assume" anything....
2015-2-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

You can buy either the 2.4g or the 5.8 g transmitter right here at the DJI store.  They make both.

https://store.dji.com/product/2-4g-radio-controller

https://store.dji.com/product/5-8g-radio-controller-npvt
2015-2-4
Use props
swomilan.hotmai
lvl.4

Mexico

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-5 02:30
One of the first things I learnt on this forum, is never to "assume" anything....

Yeah I know that's why I repeated your question
2015-2-4
Use props
rob.elliott82.g
lvl.1
United States

swomilan.hotmai Posted at 2015-2-5 02:01
Two beeps = FCC mode, single beep = CE mode,  it's just the transmit power and won't have an effect  ...

Oops ... now that you ask, I read the product description more carefully: "Upgraded Radio Controller 2.4G for the Phantom 2".  I realize now that it's not what I should have ordered. Thanks very much for your guidance!
2015-2-5
Use props
rob.elliott82.g
lvl.1
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-5 02:35
You can buy either the 2.4g or the 5.8 g transmitter right here at the DJI store.  They make both.

Thank you. I ordered the wrong one, which is why it wouldn't bind.
2015-2-5
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
United Kingdom

Indeed, thanks Rob for having the balls to come back and tell us the problem.
2015-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules