Waiting incentive!
2165 26 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pekkle
lvl.2

For making us wait,

Who here thinks DJI should give us a coupon for buy 1 battery get 1 free or something in that line..

2016-10-28
Use props
hwidjaja
lvl.2
Singapore

+1
Yes, please!
2016-10-28
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

Wouldn't that be cool? I sure wouldn't hold my breath. Based on the components in those batteries, the markup has got to be well over 500%. That's their gravy train right there.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I think it would be a nice gesture.  Perhaps some sort of DJI customer loyalty point awards?

But I am not holding my breath for it...  
2016-10-28
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

Judging by how they have been treating their loyal and new customers so far I suspect we will get sweet FA.
2016-10-28
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

or a free DJI care package - they should offer something but i don't think they will rarely do i see companies caring like that (unless its amazon sometimes bestbuy will give you a 100 coupon)
2016-10-28
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

offering DJI care would be nice for those who ordered expecting an October 15 shipping date.
2016-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They did give a credit to purchasers of P4, and there were no problems with that release,
2016-10-28
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

I think the pre-order should get something for this mess up and a buy one get one free battery sounds good 2 me.
2016-10-28
Use props
Wasabi6
lvl.3
United States

If DJI was as crafty as they are secretive, I would advise them to send whatever Mavics they have to those who complain the most on these forums to shut them up. Hell, I wouldn't complain nor care if anyone else received theirs once I get mine....

Just sayin....
2016-10-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's not enough batteries to go around as it is.
2016-10-28
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-29 05:39
There's not enough batteries to go around as it is.

Sure but a future credit or coupon works.
2016-10-28
Use props
utNkg4hyvmIz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-29 06:44
Sure but a future credit or coupon works.

+1
We've seen Apple do this in the past, e.g. When they dropped the price on the first iPhones to capture more of the Christmas rush market. Early adopters who'd already bought were understandably unhappy (sound familiar?) so Jobs quickly gave credits to them to retain goodwill
Incidentally, up till now my thinking has been that DJI has simply been a victim of its own success and that patience is the best response. I'd rather have a good quality flyer, than one rushed out the door. But seeing notes from DJI that say that production is in full swing – and then admissions that it isn't – test that.
I've also not gamed the delivery system by placing mutiple pre-orders with other vendors - but last night saw Amazon in Europe has changed its shipping status to imminently shipping for even new orders. Having placed a September pre-order, if that proves to be true I'll be very underwhelmed.
2016-10-28
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

that would be nice to credit us with a coupon to use on anything DJI related, lets see if they do that for 27/28 orders.
2016-10-28
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Hungary

They really should do this. 15th - didn't happen. FCFS - didn't happen. Shipping Combos - way slow. Mine from 28th in the morning hasn't shipped until now. So it's really time to come up with a Little bit to make us happy.
2016-10-28
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

I seriously can't see this happening. If the demand is so high then how much longer would this action delay shipping of pre existing orders? I would prefer they put all spare resources into stepping up testing to iron out bugs in the software/hardware to determine whether the spate of crashes were user error or aircraft malfunction.
2016-10-29
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

How greedy can someone be. Exactly these kind of posts will keep off DJI to make shippings estimations in future. Hopefully you will never make an mistake in your life pal.
2016-10-29
Use props
tgs3838
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213957 ft
United States

I don't think we are being greedy. We've all spent at least $1000. I understand they have a huge demand for the drone. But i dont even think they have finished shipped out all the orders from the 1-2nd day yet. They had to know this drone would be a good seller. So either they cant produce them as fast as they thought. OR they just threw a date out to get everyone to order. Either way they've made millions of dollars. Im not super pissed that my drone hasn't shown up yet. But it would be a nice gesture to those of us who ordered the first several days. And still have no clue when it might show up.
2016-10-29
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4

I want a DJI tissue box to wipe away my tears of discontent while I wait for my order.

Also, an automatic DJI branded toothbrush that runs off the Mavic battery would be nice.
2016-10-29
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
United States

Webcruise Posted at 2016-10-29 04:54
How greedy can someone be. Exactly these kind of posts will keep off DJI to make shippings estimatio ...

Greed is an intense desire for something. What was mentioned here is rewarding your loyal customers who pre-ordered because, lets face it, they did not handle this release and delay properly. I can wait and have no problem doing so and like many people have said, just let them/us know what is happening? When you leave people in the dark, they can only speculate and that is what happened. Nothing to do with greed.
2016-10-29
Use props
Daveman
lvl.1
United States

+1 but don't forget those through tier 1 resellers too, they got the shaft as well.
2016-10-29
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

I agree that DJI should really give back to their customers after they botched this release. Look at Boosted Board. They were unable to deliver extended batteries with their new V2 Boosted board so what did they do? They gave customers who ordered the extended battery a free standard battery in the meantime so that their customers can get out and use the product. When the extended battery is available next year, customers who ordered them will receive them.

DJI could really learn a lesson from Boosted but what can you really expect from a giant Chinese company versus a smaller California company?
2016-10-29
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

would be nice but I wouldn't hold my breath over it.
2016-10-30
Use props
bartek.stachula
lvl.1

Ireland

Definitely
2016-10-30
Use props
Draxel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI doesn't believe they've done anything wrong, so this ain't going to happen.
2016-10-30
Use props
BAMBOOYA
lvl.1

Taiwan

Let's be real. All of us still waiting especially from preorders are rightfully due something to reward our continued patience. Being real and realistic are two different things. So far, an apology is all I've gotten. And what you get isn't always what you want. #freesomething #anything #justnotwordsplease discounted osmo would be cool.
2016-10-30
Use props
fans415c3113
lvl.2
Singapore

Is it gonna happen?

2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules