Full battery (T47) but wont power up Inspire [video]
739 4 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mr.perera
lvl.1

United States

[size=14.6667px]I got an Inspire from a friend and they bricked both batteries when updating the frimware. I was able to reset them and get them to charge. The T48 powers it up and works fine but the T47 will power it up for a second, beep, and then turn itself back off.

[size=14.6667px]The T47 will stay on when not connected to the inspire but when I try to turn it on inside the inspire it only stays on for a second and powers off. Is it possible that there is bad frimware on the battery? Is there any cure to this? Is this battery just dead?
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PigG33pQn_o
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Thanks!
2016-10-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If the battery is under warranty just send it in.  If not what I would do is go to you tube and watch videos on how to revive them.       It is  fairly  simple to do . Just remove the Main cover very gently by prying off , then disconnect  the main wiring harness form the battery, leave un- coupled for about 5 min  then reconnect and try to charge.  Only do this if you are Mechanically inclined ,   also pry it off very gently and treat that battery with respect .

Charge this battery with full time supervision to make sure it is OK, what I do is work on other projects but keep an eye on that battery .  If it shows any type of bulging Now or during charging process, the battery is toast.

The battery life span is about 200 charges give or take depending on how well taken care of , keep this in mind as it could be just times up on the battery .

***I highly doubt the batteris were bricked during the update, there is an update to the batteries  that was in all AC updates after 1.5 ( I think , somewhere around here )  but I cant say for sure , I was not there to see what happened .  

good luck

donnie
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If you modify the battery by yourself, the battery will out of warranty.
Here is the link for After-Sales service policy for your reference:http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2016-10-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-29 22:19
If you modify the battery by yourself, the battery will out of warranty.
Here is the link for After- ...

And the warranty on batteries is 6  months OR 200 charge cycles  correct ?   AND that is why I added the Caveat that if it is under warranty to just send it in .  
Also for batteries under Warrenty :  MUST PROVIDE TO DJI

Sales receipt
Video of battery failures on GO APP ,  ( Impossible to do if battery wont even come on but it is always asked for  )
Pictures of Battery serial Number
Pictures of GO APP Battery  Record
Short Video describing the Problem
Send Broken battery back to DJI as well .  ( Not on the TB48 just the 47 )  

donnie

2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-30 20:33
And the warranty on batteries is 6  months OR 200 charge cycles  correct ?   AND that is why I adde ...

The warranty on batteries is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times.
And after received the batteries,our engineers will evaluate it first.
Thanks for your reply.
2016-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules