Weird movement
492 3 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

Hi guy's. So I was out flying yesturday and decided to put the Aircraft in" ATTI" mode, I've only done this a total of two time.  And as soon as I do this this I get a bad left hand drift. This happened the time before so I came home and re-calibrated the IMU and then flew the drone, but not in" ATTI" mode and it worked flawless. So yesturday I decided to go out and get some picks of our lake. Before I went out tofly I re-calibrated the IMU and did myy flying and everything was good. So at the end of the flight I decided to try ATTI mode and sure enough I get the same left hand drift, I put it in "P" mode and it leveled and hoovered perfectly.

Has anyody have this happen before or know what could be going on? Any help is appreciated, thanks guy's
2016-10-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What do you expect to happen in ATTI mode ?

In this mode it will not hold position using GPS, but will be liable to drift with the wind or slight errors induced by the quad trying to keep itself level. In 'P' (Positional) mode I would expect it to be near stationary.

So what you're seeing is really what should happen, the fact that it's a left drift I would think is coincidental. Unless the centre of gravity is offset slightly to one side, or some other mechanical imbalance, and the machine is compensating.
2016-10-29
Use props
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

Ok. I just wasn't sure if what was happening was the norm or maybe something I had done.
2016-10-29
Use props
DadDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2907 ft
United States

If you walk across the field and turn around, you'll notice it is drifting to the right. Funny how it happens that way.
2016-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules