12Next >
4892 73 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

I ordered my DJI Mavic (Fly More Combo) on the 28th October 2016 in the United Kingdom. Now you may personally laugh at this but I'm expecting it to be shipped in the next week or two weeks at the very least. Which is reasonable to say. I shouldn't need to wait such a long time in the first place, but I'm willing to do that given the circumstances. It's terrible that there have been delays with shipping the product and as evident quite clearly around the forum, there are people who've been waiting for their Mavic since September, but I don't see why normal shipping procedures shouldn't be taking place from this point forward. Like, all new orders are being delayed in order to make sure that the orders made in September and throughout October are being taken of first? Isn't that kind of out of order? Sure the ones waiting since September didn't deserve any delays at all but what has happened happened, mistakes were made, and all DJI can do, or at least should be doing asap is making sure that orders are dispatched within a week. That's how every company or shopping website in existant works.
2016-10-29
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

At the end of the day, no its not right to keep the public waiting so long with ever changing delivery dates but you won't likely get your Mavic in the next two weeks having ordered on the 28th of October. This is based on the Mavics that are being shipped currently and when those orders were placed.

I'm in the same boat as you. Yes it sucks, yes its not the best business practices by DJI but there really isn't much we can do and once it arrives I'm sure it will be a great product and all this frustration will fade away.
2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-10-30 00:35
At the end of the day, no its not right to keep the public waiting so long with ever changing delive ...

If I don't receive it in a week or two, cancellation of the order is the correct thing to do. I won't be taken for a mug customer. I'll order it from a DJI dealer like 'drones direct' instead. They'll have it delivered within a responsible and reasonable timeframe.
2016-10-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt you will see your Mavic fly more pack until Dec / Jan.
I ordered mine on the 29th September and it has not shipped yet.
DJI were / are overwhelmed by the number of orders and have only just caught up with the first 2 days of sales, your order is at the end of a very long list
2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-10-30 00:40
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt you will see your Mavic fly more pack until Dec / Jan ...

Which is why I'm going to play my cards close to my chest and cancel tonight. Order the Mavic (Fly More Combo) somewhere else.

I just don't want to be caught in this unneeded shitstorm of a queue that no one's even asked for. Want to bypass it entirely and receive my order in a reasonable timeframe, which is exactly what will happen now that I've decided to order somewhere else more reputable that currently have stock of the Mavic.
2016-10-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't want to pee on your cornflakes but I ordered fly more combo on September 27 a few hours after release and I still don't have it, there's no way your going to receive yours in the next two weeks!!! You've got a better chance of seeing the Virgin Mary appear on the side of Big Ben!!
2016-10-29
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-29 16:38
If I don't receive it in a week or two, cancellation of the order is the correct thing to do. I won ...

Unfortunately regardless of where you order it from, you won't be getting the unit anytime soon. DJI is treating their direct sale customers and resellers with the same low level of courtesy.
2016-10-29
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 00:38
If I don't receive it in a week or two, cancellation of the order is the correct thing to do. I won ...

Im afraid they wont.. Resellers are getting the same lack of information from DJI.
2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-30 00:52
I don't want to pee on your cornflakes but I ordered fly more combo on September 27 a few hours afte ...

I'll have the Mavic on the 21st November 2016 now that I've ordered elsewhere. I'll even return here to post pics and HD videos of it in action.
2016-10-29
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 08:00
I'll have the Mavic on the 21st November 2016 now that I've ordered elsewhere. I'll even return her ...

That retailer set the hook, and Enkeixpress will struggle to the 21st while the owner has a party with his money.

You're not getting one before the people in que Yeah I have to wave that fart around. Already went through this with Best Buy.
2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

thehippoz Posted at 2016-10-30 01:14
That retailer set the hook, and Enkeixpress will struggle to the 21st while the owner has a party w ...

I don't want to be in a virtual shitstorm of a queue, it's retarded. Besides, this reseller has their own stock of the Mavic and a much smaller queue, and I already know very well that DJI take care of their dealers first and foremost, providing them with stock for loads of raw cash. And this site I've ordered from is supposed to be one of their most closest and trusted resellers.

I haven't paid any money yet. So neither company has my hard-earned money I'll definitely be avoiding being in a long-ass queue. No way am I being stuck in this mess of DJI's for much longer. Won't let it happen.

2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've ordered the Mavic (Fly More Combo) with Amazon UK I fully trust Amazon with my order to get it to me on the 5th November, like they say they will. They haven't let me down in the past with their deliveries, always on time.
2016-10-29
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Dude... seriously.   I'm not sure if you are naive or running a clever troll here.   Every reseller on the block has sent out notices that they have no idea when they will receive stock.   Several major resellers have readjusted their expected ship dates to the end of November.   

It ain't happening.   I have an order through Amazon as well that is supposed to ship between Nov 1 - 16th and I figure there is no way it's making those dates at this point.   Ordered on the 28th of Nov.
2016-10-29
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 01:23
I don't want to be in a virtual shitstorm of a queue, it's retarded. Besides, this reseller has the ...

You say you're guaranteed a Mavic by 21st November and better than that, a good chance from Amazon by 5th November. I sincerely hope you do receive it by then because most (not all) customers waiting before you will already have theirs. However, that's not going to happen. Don't cancel, just wait in the queue like everyone else. For someone that's only just placed an order in the last day and a half, you sound pretty upset and indignant. I dread to think what you'll be like in a couple of weeks time. For your own mental health I advise you to calm down, take a chill pill and stop provoking others with your infantile behaviour.
2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-30 01:46
You say you're guaranteed a Mavic by 21st November. I sincerely hope you do receive it by then bec ...

I will be fine now that my Mavic order is with Amazon UK and not DJI themselves, because they just simply don't have the manpower and grunt to handle all of these countless orders that have come through in the past two months. Amazon UK on the other hand can handle all of the pressure, I know this.

Order shall be dispatched on the 3rd. Estimated delivery date of the 5th. I'd rather have that to look at instead of just 'pending...'

Genuinely feel sorry for all of those folks who've been waiting since September for their Mavic with DJI. May God be with them during these last couple of weeks worth of waiting. They will have their orders with them eventually I'm sure. We'll let's hope so.

Myself on the other hand prefer to have my order taken care of by a very reputable reseller such as Amazon UK.
2016-10-29
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 00:58
I will be fine now that my Mavic order is with Amazon UK and not DJI themselves, because they just  ...

Out of interest, how do you think Amazon get these DJI Mavics? Oh.. From DJI.. Goodluck with your delivery on the 5th... Of December most likely
2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

aaronspence Posted at 2016-10-30 01:05
Out of interest, how do you think Amazon get these DJI Mavics? Oh.. From DJI.. Goodluck with your  ...

Incorrect. Amazon UK, like other resellers, placed their huge amount of orders of the Mavic incredibly early and they get VIP status. DJI take care of their dealers/resellers first and foremost. Even I know that. It makes sense too, there's a lot more money coming from resellers/dealers, and it's all about making money for DJI at the end of the day. They're a business after all.
2016-10-29
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 01:11
Incorrect. Amazon UK, like other resellers, placed their huge amount of orders of the Mavic incredi ...

Okay. I really hope you get it, but please do not be too disappointed if this 5th date changes a bit.
2016-10-29
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

He 'may' be correct.  It shows that Amazon UK apparently has Time Machine Deloreans "in stock."
2016-10-29
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 01:11
Incorrect. Amazon UK, like other resellers, placed their huge amount of orders of the Mavic incredi ...

I think Apple are the preferred reseller of DJI. Why not place an order with them too as a triple back up.
2016-10-29
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

In the meantime why not have a look through the 49 pages and counting thread
http://forum.dji.com/thread-67246-1-1.html
and then nip along to the Mavic Pilots forum here for rumours from Amazon
http://mavicpilots.com/threads/a ... havent-shipped.667/
2016-10-29
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-10-29 16:40
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt you will see your Mavic fly more pack until Dec / Jan ...

Alot of people say that they were overwhelmed with orders but the ting is if you had a ship date of the 15th you should start shipping by the 15th and not a week later and only ship a few hundred or couple thousand if that.
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-30 00:45
Dude... seriously.   I'm not sure if you are naive or running a clever troll here.   Every reseller ...

You nearly had the blinkers off there.
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-30 00:45
Dude... seriously.   I'm not sure if you are naive or running a clever troll here.   Every reseller ...

You nearly had the blinkers off there.
2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-10-30 01:35
Alot of people say that they were overwhelmed with orders but the ting is if you had a ship date o ...

Exactly. I like DJI, they've created the next big thing when it comes to portable drones, but I really do not think it's a good idea to purchase something as new as the Mavic directly from them. They're simply unable to handle large numbers of orders correctly. Better off purchasing the new drone from one of their many resellers. Hell, I've never ordered directly from DJI themselves before so why start now? Amazon UK for my order.
2016-10-29
Use props
agzela
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-29
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-29 21:45
Exactly. I like DJI, they've created the next big thing when it comes to portable drones, but I rea ...

Enkie (may I call you by your first name?).

As I have written elsewhere, because of lack of information from DJI, all that's being bounced around are just theories in what can really only be an academic discussion.  There's certainly merit to your argument, as there is to contradicting arguments.

For what it's worth, following is some shipping ETA information I turned up with some cursory looking about 4 hours ago.  These are all U.S. firms.  Note that the earliest shipping date is 12/1 (December 1).  Including for Amazon U.S.

There are obviously many factors involved of which none of us can be aware.  Different relationships, different companies, different countries, different continents.  So, it is entirely possible that Amazon U.K. can ship 11/3 while Amazon U.S. can't ship 'til 12/1.  (If so, I might just move to the country of tasty cellar temperature ale!)

I'm not advocating one position or the other as to when you will receive your Mavic.  I'm just sharing information I found in the hope it may be of help.

For my part, by the time I get mine we'll have long since elected a new president.  And, at the rate things are going, both the president-elect and the losing candidate will be indicted for their respective nonsense!

NewEgg.com - "Order now, item will be shipped on 12/15" (Fly More)

Advexure.com - "Estimated Ship Date: Mid-November" (Fly More) --- Given that Advexure's Amazon listing (see below) refers to a 12/5-12/7 delivery, this is very likely simply a not updated reference on their website.  As such, and as the outlier in this, it should be disregarded.

Amazon (U.S.): Ships from and sold by Amazon.com - "This item will be released on December 1, 2016" (Mavic & RC kit; and Starter Bundle)

Amazon (U.S.): Ships from and sold by yitamotor - Has the Fly More listed 3 separate times, one has "2 new from $1,299.00," one has "5 new from $1,299.00," and one has "7 new from $1,299.00"; "Estimated Delivery: Dec. 1 - 16 if you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout." (Fly More)

Amazon (U.S.): Ships from and sold by Advexure; Authorized Dealer - "4 new from $1,299.00; In stock on December 2, 2016; Estimated Delivery Date: Dec. 5 - 7 when you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout." (Fly More)

Amazon (U.S.) - While it may be in there somewhere, I could not find a "Ships from and sold by DJI"

DJI Online Store - Best I can tell my 10/20 order will not ship 'til end of December (Fly More)
2016-10-29
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

United States

you will not get your toy nyahahahha
2016-10-29
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

He's a troll guys.   A polite and subtle one...but a troll.
2016-10-29
Use props
lsxedit
lvl.1

Australia

Enkeixpress,
The reseller that I have gone through here is Australia is one of the top 2 resellers for this region and have a very close connection with DJI due to the volume of sales. Even they have indicated a date that's going to be closer to December for pre-orders made late Sept early Oct than earlier anticipated. So I just find it hard to fathom you'll get yours before everyone else.... So I hope you're right and my reseller is mistakingly wrong.
2016-10-29
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

Dont
               mind
                            me!
2016-10-29
Use props
copilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 14:11

Sounds like ur a uk amazon employee
2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-30 03:21
you will not get your toy nyahahahha

I've gone ahead and upgraded delivery speed on my Amazon UK order (Fly More Combo) to expedited shipping so estimated delivery date is now the 4th November 2016. Dispatch day being the 3rd. I feel much more comfortable about things being with Amazon UK, mainly because nobody knows exactly when their orders will be taken care of with DJI. In fact only orderers who've ordered their mavics in early September and onwards seem to be concentrated on, leaving pretty much everyone else in October in the dust.

At least I've tried to avoid this unnecessary delivery queue thing DJI have got going on here. Amazon UK have stock incoming, should have Mavic with me on-time. Perhaps they already have their stock ready and waiting in their warehouse, most likely.
2016-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 08:36
I've gone ahead and upgraded delivery speed on my Amazon UK order (Fly More Combo) to expedited shi ...

Maybe it would help to clear up what your saying here, if you post your order details, I think people here who are genuine , will understand, so why not be transparent, everyone here feel dji hasn't been transparent, so this may help others understanding your ingenious plan to get your Mavic in a week.
2016-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gary UNY Posted at 2016-10-30 03:08
Enkie (may I call you by your first name?).

As I have written elsewhere, because of lack of infor ...

Thanks for your post, it all sounds very realistic, it's the kind of information that's helpful around here.
2016-10-30
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 04:36
I've gone ahead and upgraded delivery speed on my Amazon UK order (Fly More Combo) to expedited shi ...

We all like your optimism
2016-10-30
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember when I believed in resellers posted delivery dates up until they changed it on me 4 days before it was supposed to be delivered. It just ain't gonna happen.
2016-10-30
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gray Volk Posted at 2016-10-30 12:07
We all like your optimism

It's either optimism or naivety, We'll find out on the 4th I guess.
2016-10-30
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

2016-10-30
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

aaronspence Posted at 2016-10-30 09:30
It's either optimism or naivety, We'll find out on the 4th I guess.

It's neither.  Can't everyone recognize a troll when they see one even if it's wrapped in a pretty bow?   He's ignored the logic of resellers being dependent on DJI.   He's ignored the facts of resellers changing their dates and issuing notices that they are getting ZERO information from DJI.    All he comes back with:  hey I'll get it a day sooner because I made my shipping EXPEDITED! <insert trollish smilie emoticon>.

Quit feeding the troll.
2016-10-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules