.srt file
855 11 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oMgU2spXEpjm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33743 ft
United States

I'm seeing an .srt file with the video file.  Is there a way to read that file?  As I'm learning the art of of video, I want to see what settings I used so I can make corrections.  Is there a way to read that file?  Or another I can see the vdeo settings that I used?

Thanks,

Carl Stephenson
2016-10-30
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

I don't know how to read that file as a standalone but I believe if you turn on a function it displays that information over your video
2016-10-30
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

billwish76 Posted at 2016-10-30 16:22
I don't know how to read that file as a standalone but I believe if you turn on a function it displa ...

You are correct, it shows some GPS, ISO and Shutterspeed for instance
2016-10-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's just a text file. You can open it with Notepad (in Windows).
2016-10-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you download VLCPlayer, it can read the SRT file and overlay it on the picture, as long as the two files are in the same folder.
2016-10-30
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

and with VLC, you'll have the option to turn it on and off !
2016-10-31
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Where are these .SRT files located?   I've had my P4 since last April and I've never come across one.   I use VLC media player and it sounds interesting to be able to display flight data...
2016-10-31
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-10-31 16:15
Where are these .SRT files located?   I've had my P4 since last April and I've never come across one ...

They are mixed in with the video files and have the same filename apart from the extension.

You need to turn them on in the camera settings - not the photo or video settings, the third tab.

I think it would be nice to have a few more values added, you are only going to use them for diagnostic purposes and if you want diagnostics then the more the better!   Why is there no vision system height/distances so we can check that it isn't seeing the infamous gimbal guard or is blinded by the sun or dirt on the lenses?
2016-10-31
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-11-1 01:17
They are mixed in with the video files and have the same filename apart from the extension.

You n ...

Ah...   I know exactly what they are now.  I've seen the video caption option, but my setting has been off since I got the drone last April..  That explains why I've never seen an .srt file.  I think I'm going to turn it on for the next flight.

Thanks!
2016-11-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-11-1 04:17

You n ...

'Why is there no vision system height/distances so we can check that it isn't seeing the infamous gimbal guard or is blinded by the sun or dirt on the lenses?'

Because they are meaningless values and would only add to the confusion, at the same creating a hundred threads on here by silly people asking why the values are not accurate to twenty decimal places.
2016-11-1
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-1 22:24
'Why is there no vision system height/distances so we can check that it isn't seeing the infamous  ...

"why the values are not accurate to twenty decimal places."
Well display them with zero decimal places if that is what they are accurate to!  Then if I see the sensor height at 0 meters when the aircraft is at 50 meters I will know not to pull the left stick too far down when landing and to then look for whatever is blocking it's view!

The Phantom 3 srt files appear to have a height from the ultrasonic sensors?
2016-11-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-11-2 10:36
"why the values are not accurate to twenty decimal places."
Well display them with zero decimal pl ...

The sensor data is only good for a very short range, all they will do is confuse people. Above about 3 Metres they don't function at all, what is the point for a range of 0 to 3 Metres?

'The Phantom 3 srt files appear to have a height from the ultrasonic sensors?'

No, they use the barometric sensor, for the reason I explained above.
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules