VISION APP CRASHES WHEN MOTORS START UP
1204 4 2015-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liamallen1973.y
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, hoping someone has a fix for my problem.

I'm new to this, but fairly pc savvy.

Been flying my V2+ Version 3 for 5 days now wth no issues, everything has been working great.....until today!!

I use a HTC M8 (Android) to run the DJI app, it prompted me to do a system update last night, which I did. Not sure what version of the DJI app I had before, but I know I downloaded it on 1st Feb 2015.

Tried using my V2+ today and every time I fired up the motors the app crashed and closed. I can move the camera up and down without problem as long as I havent fired up the motors, as soon as they start to run the app crashes.

Current app version is 1.0.56 as I said, not sure if it's the same version that I initially installed on the 1st Feb 2015.

Have already tried shutting everything down and going through start up procedure many times but no joy. I did have GPS lock and flew a few metres off the ground and it behaved as it should, just no app at all. Every time I tried to restart it it just crashed instantly.

Gimbal seems ok, and have tested it on a flat surface (so nothing is preventing it from having free movement) but still get the same result.

Any help??????????????

2015-2-5
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Very common problem, it's the android app 5.0 lollipop, either roll back use another phone/tablet or try lollipop latest update.
2015-2-5
Use props
liamallen1973.y
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Tony

I'm running version 5.0.1 on my HTC, it says no new updates available, although it did update yesterday evening

Just tried it on my older HTC that's running an older android version (4.4.3) and it seems to have sorted it. Motors can fire up and app doesn't crash, so many thanks for that Tony.

I didn't fancy putting the props on and flying it around the flat with no GPS! So will give it a test flight tomorrow on the beach and let you know if alls well. Fingers crossed it should be ok now.

Thanks again mate, all the best, Liam
2015-2-5
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

liamallen1973.y Posted at 2015-2-6 05:57
Thanks Tony

I'm running version 5.0.1 on my HTC, it says no new updates available, although it did  ...

Great. Post some footage. And of course no updating.
2015-2-5
Use props
liamallen1973.y
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Took it out this morning and guess what!?

IT WORKS

I put a new 32gb SD card in and didn't realise you have to format it within the DJI app, not via my pc, so didn't get any footage. But off out again shortly now I've formatted it properly (and tested it!)

Here's a bit from a couple of days ago at the beach 2 mins walk from my flat.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2wse7q6nwf2s7jg/AADZ1YBYqOK7maW_aow7ZV6Pa?dl=0
2015-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules