Samsung s7 switches off mid flight
669 5 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooby_matt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86083 ft
United Kingdom

Just flown my p4. First battery no issues. Second battery after about 10 mins the dji app randomly switches off and phone reboots. Loaded dji go app and it wouldnt sync back to my p4. Luckily my p4 was currently hoovering above a field somewhere. Luckily it wasnt to far and wasnt too high in which i could still guide my p4 down.

I know samsung s7 isnt on the approved list of devices but has other people incounted the same issues?
2016-10-30
Use props
DJIRich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2818957 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's interesting that you were able to fly a complete battery through it. I can't even take off without the phone freaking out. I flew with my S7 Edge (Vodafone) from May this year flawlessly until recently (Beginning of Sep) where my device also does the same thing, reboot loops after loops after loops. I'm pretty sure it is a Samsung firmware issue which I found out from a previous active thread here on the DJI Forums. I did get a firmware update here in the UK a few days ago but I haven't yet tried it out with DJI-GO (FW version:G935FXXS1BPJ1).

With a bit of luck the latest firmware has fixed it...I hope!   
What firmware are you running on the S7?
-
Rich
2016-10-30
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJIRich Posted at 2016-10-30 18:35
That's interesting that you were able to fly a complete battery through it. I can't even take off wi ...

Hi rich. The fireware im currently on and there is no updates.

G935fxxu1bphj
2016-10-30
Use props
fansa50b73c2
lvl.1

South Africa

i don't think it is a samsung issue as I have the exact problem on my google nexus tablet....also LITCHI is much more stable.
2016-11-7
Use props
fansa50b73c2
lvl.1

South Africa

My observations:
- It is not a samsung s7 issue as I have the same issue on the Google Nexus Tablet
- I have tried factory resetting both my S7 & my google nexus and then re-installing the DJI GO App with no success
- I have tried switching off fast charging and this does not help
- The DJI Go App restarts almost immediately when you click CAMERA connect. Makes the APP unusable...the only way I have been able to fly is using LITCHI...which also reboots, but less often...sometimes I can go the whole day without any restarts using the LITCHI app.
- This only started occurring when I update the DJI REMOTE firmware and Phantom 4 firmware and upgrading to the latest DJI GO app.

My suspicion is the DJI as released a very buggy version of DJI GO App or the phantom 4 firmware has a bug when transmitting the video feed.
2016-11-7
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I {:4_110:} mmself when the phone restarted and then wouldnt reconnect
2016-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules