Live Video on DJI Pro3 Issues
730 10 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jzaid84
lvl.1

So we had a family picnic today and decided to take my quad out to capture some moments. I have had the following issues in the past, but especially today:

When flying the quad around, the live view on my phone is incredibly glitchy, distorted, delayed, etc. The area I was in today had no power lines, radio towers, etc within miles. Previously, when this happened, it was in my backyard where there are power lines and a raido tower all within a few hundred yards.

I decided to take pictures and shoot some video regardless. After the flights (went through 2 batteries) I deicded to view the videos on my phone; the picture was just as bad on my phone...as if it recorded exactly what was on the screen live (with all the issues, glitches, distortions, etc).

However, when I got home I uploaded the pictures (nothing wrong with any pictures) and the videos; I tried viewing the videos using VLC and had major issues. However, when playing the videos using the DivX player, the video is flawless...no glitches, no distortion, nothing but perfection!

Can someone help explain to me what is happening and how I can fix the "live" video.

The second question: When I take pictures when flying, how can I make sure the pictures save to my phone automatically like the videos do? Can't seem to figure that out.

2016-10-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what mobile device you have and what firmware you're currently running? You can turn on caching in order to get a lower quality copy onto your device, but you cannot save the higher quality footage directly onto your mobile device and will only save on the SD card.
2016-10-30
Use props
fans11000a55
lvl.1

I have the Samsung S6. I am up-to-date on all firmware (the June release).
2016-10-31
Use props
fans11000a55
lvl.1

Anyone?? I'm sure someone can help me on this...
2016-10-31
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans11000a55 Posted at 2016-10-31 18:52

Aloha fans,

Actually, if you have the June release, your firmware is terribly out of date.  Go to the General Settings page (Icon in the upper right corner) and tap it.  At the bottom of that page is "About", open it.  There you will find your App and Firmware versions.  What are they?  There should be three versions and a serial number.  No need the serial number.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans11000a55 Posted at 2016-10-31 18:52

Aloha jzaid,

The fix is fairly simple but we will not know what to do until we see where you are in the updates and upgrades.  I think the low resolution Photos (possibly only thumbnails) are stored in your Flight Data Record.  That would be in the paper airplane Icon in the upper left corner of the white Splash screen (with the Connect Camera tab on it).  Otherwise, I think the newer versions of the DJI GO app have a photo viewer, but your app is from way back in June.  Also, look at your Remote Controller at the upper right hand corner above the exposure dial.  I think there is a playback button there next to the shutter button.  Have you tried that?

The Codex for your Micro SD Card videos are what make your playbacks difficult.  Your VLC player needs to update its Codex versions.  The videos your Phantom 3 Professional are cutting edge technology and your video players need to be up to date.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans11000a55 Posted at 2016-11-1 04:28
I have the Samsung S6. I am up-to-date on all firmware (the June release).

Have you tried another mobile device?
Please try to delete the APP and re-install, you have the same issue with the image transmission wherever you fly it?
Please post a screenshot of the firmware version as Cetaman said, thanks.
2016-11-1
Use props
fans11000a55
lvl.1

Cetaman Posted at 2016-11-1 16:58
Aloha fans,

Actually, if you have the June release, your firmware is terribly out of date.   ...

I have the following:

App - 3.0.1
Version - 1.9.60
Remote Controller - 1.8.0
2016-11-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans11000a55 Posted at 2016-11-1 07:42
I have the following:

App - 3.0.1

Aloha jzaid,

Good numbers!  This is up-to-date.  Join the club!  We are also having your problem, but DJI is working feverishly on a firmware fix for us.  Until then you can return to sanity by rolling back the Remote Controller to 1.6.0.  That should solve your problem until the new firmware comes out.

The easiest way to roll back the RC firmware is to turn only your Samsung S6 and the Remote Controller.  There are two ways to initialize the DJI GO app.  You can have the USB cable plugged in if that is your normal practice or you can plug in the cable after the DJI GO app is already loaded.  If you do the later method, the Android system should confirm the operation.  Be sure you are not connected as only a charging operation.

Be sure to have the Phantom 3 Pro turned OFF.  

Be sure you have a good Internet connection on your Samsung S6 and no other apps running in the background.  (There is a setting in Android that allows you to shut down background apps.)

When the DJI GO app is loaded and the USB cable is connected, make sure your Phantom 3 Pro is the aircraft displayed (just to play it safe).

In the upper right hand corner of the white program screen is an Icon.  Touch that icon for 5 seconds.  A roll back screen will come up and it should offer you only version 1.6.0.  Follow the directions to download, roll back and install the 1.6.0 firmware over the version 1.8.0 firmware.  If you have done the other instructions correctly, this should go smoothly.  (You may have to go back and fix up some things like I did before it goes smoothly.)

When the app indicates the roll back is completed, shut down everything and restart it.  This time turn on the P3P to.  Check all the settings and calibrate the Remote Controller.  When you have finished your pre-flight check, test the new firmware.  There should be a major improvement.  Go into the General Settings page and open "About" to see what your versions are.

You may need to roll back the aircraft firmware is the problem persists to 1.8.80 but not everyone has had to do so.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-1
Use props
fans11000a55
lvl.1

Cetaman Posted at 2016-11-2 06:47
Aloha jzaid,

Good numbers!  This is up-to-date.  Join the club!  We are also having your pro ...

Thank you for replying! It's good to actually hear back from someone!

Oddly enough, I had issues today getting my phone to even recognize the App. The RC and the P3 were linked, but the DJI Go App couldn't recognize that I was hooked up. I decided to try using a different USB cable and that did the trick. The USB cable that came with the P3 had no visual issues or imperfections...but for some reason it just stopped working. I grabbed one of my standard USB cables for phone charging and it worked immediately.

I was able to fly a little today...and was still getting the interference/lag/etc when live viewing during flight. However, it didn't seem as bad as it did the day I was at the picnic. Mind you, the picnic was in an area free from power lines, radio towers, etc. The area I flew today (my home) has power lines AND a radio tower within a few hundred yards. I always assume the issues were because of these...until I flew it at the picnic and the issues were worse.

Is it possible a USB cable can cause this issue? Any recommendations on a new cable? Specific brands? Im going to fly out tomorrow again (today was windy) and see if I can get a good video without issues! Thanks again for all the help!
2016-11-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans11000a55 Posted at 2016-11-1 17:57
Thank you for replying! It's good to actually hear back from someone!

Oddly enough, I had issues  ...

Aloha jzaid,

This is a reversible Micro USB plug to full size USB plug cable - 1 foot.

https://www.amazon.com/Cambond-B ... cbook/dp/B017IJG27K

It works with Android and iOS.

Do be aware that there are many types of USB cable. I was surprised to learn that some cables are only for charging, of course that was after I tried to use it as a data cable and it was useless.  Figure out a way to make your USB cables so you know what they can do.  

That also applies to what you buy.  It may have a great price but that is because all it can do is charge your phone!  Check out that one above and see if it works for you.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules