4433 35 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfdfc081b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103609 ft
United States

The following is an email to all distributors of the DJI Mavic:

"The truth is, that is only a very small quantity of it released to comfort the market. (Please make this confidential, just for you dealers.)
Please try your best to convince your customers to stick with you, don't cancel their preorders. IF they head to DJI official store for it now, they will have to wait much much longer to get it because there are hundreds of thousands of preorders in line on DJI official store now and they will have to take care of it for the whole globe.
Sorry for the inconvenience and I will try my best to ship out orders as soon as possible starting from Oct. 25th."
Now this is deeply concerning as someone who works with distribution but is an avid quad-copter flyer and customer. I have been loyal to DJI through the entire Phantom series drones owning each one but this has certainly challenged that loyalty. All I can say is DJI has seriously screwed up and they had better come up with some sort of compensation or kind gesture in order to keep from loosing loyal customers. I'm not upset about the delays, I'm upset about the lies.
2016-10-31
Use props
3PwLVFsDuUhp
lvl.1

Australia

So if I have already pre ordered through the DJI website I should also order through smaller distribution companies on the belife I'll get my Mavic sooner??

Also, I live in Australia. Would it be smarter to re order and post it to my friends in USA??
2016-10-31
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

Yea, it was sad... Be prepared to see this thread closed btw.
2016-10-31
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Why does this look like the same BS that was floating around earlier
2016-10-31
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, hoax emails are annoying.
2016-10-31
Use props
tV1fr835Dcq3
lvl.2

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-31 22:31
Yes, hoax emails are annoying.

You and the other 007 are the only people that keep claiming it was a hoax.. do you have any evidence that suggests that? I recall even ed stating that the lady from the message does work there and that she should not have said those things and that the number she quoted was not accurate. Nothing coming from the company that claimed it was fake, though.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

tV1fr835Dcq3 Posted at 2016-10-31 14:37
You and the other 007 are the only people that keep claiming it was a hoax.. do you have any evide ...

I never said that was fake, you would be wise to read posts carefully, before you go spouting untruths about others.
I merely asked that if there is truly an email with those specific quotes from a dji employee, then this could all be cleared up. If email was posted, you surely don't believe everything you read in print,
If dji employee came out and denied sending this email, then people like you would then come out and call him a liar, if he came out and said it was true, I'm sure all hell would break loose, ( and rightly so ) he's in a no win situation as you can see.
So I would think the best and quickest way to confirm this would be for the writer to come forward with the proper evidence , but for now you can only speculate as to the truth behind this invisible email.
2016-10-31
Use props
PJgurn
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 08:53
I never said that was fake, you would be wise to read posts carefully, before you go spouting untr ...

Its not an invisible email. Multiple recipients of the email have posted it.
2016-10-31
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

I doubt DJI would refer to themselves as "I" as in the above email. If people are going to try and create fake emails (for some unknown reason) the least they can do is try to make the email sound professional.
We really need a dislike button for threads like this hahah.
2016-10-31
Use props
tV1fr835Dcq3
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 22:53
I never said that was fake, you would be wise to read posts carefully, before you go spouting untr ...

That's an awful lot of assumptions about me there buddy. Your post certainly suggested that it was a hoax email. You didn't ask any questions. The post is right up there ^ for everyone to see. All I did was ask where you're getting this info from that it's a hoax. If you provided it I would look at it objectively. But it appears you're working on a hunch and do not have any evidence to provide. I think that's the end of this conversation. Thanks for your time.
2016-10-31
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

I find the last paragraph in this article extremely funny.....

http://www.channelnews.com.au/dj ... lled-into-question/
2016-10-31
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tV1fr835Dcq3 Posted at 2016-10-31 22:37
You and the other 007 are the only people that keep claiming it was a hoax.. do you have any evide ...

That's not how reality works.  Evidence needs to exist the email actually exists.
2016-10-31
Use props
tV1fr835Dcq3
lvl.2

United States

Ok, I see that you're not the same 007 as the one above. My mistake,  I apologize. It's possible I confused his words for yours and you never said that. If that's the case, I'm sorry.
2016-10-31
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PJgurn Posted at 2016-10-31 22:59

Have you ever spoken to anyone who works for DJI in China?  They certainly do not speak perfect English.  Ever get an email from someone who works for DJI in China?  Amazingly, they do not type perfect English.  Most importantly, they don't use American terms to describe events in China.  Yes it's a Hoax, just a very bad one.  Most people should be able to spot numerous other tells without me having to explain them.
2016-10-31
Use props
tV1fr835Dcq3
lvl.2

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:07
That's not how reality works.  Evidence needs to exist the email actually exists.

What? I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. Yes, the email exists. If you're going to claim it is a hoax then it's your responsibility to provide evidence of that.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

tV1fr835Dcq3 Posted at 2016-10-31 15:01
That's an awful lot of assumptions about me there buddy. Your post certainly suggested that it was ...

You see you don't have the ability to read clearly I said that I don't know if it's a fake or not, so how could I be expected to have proof , I have said this in quite simple English so you can understand ...
2016-10-31
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tV1fr835Dcq3 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:12
What? I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. Yes, the email exists. If you're going to claim ...

Lol.  I'll use the same logic.  "The email is a hoax.  Now you have to prove it's not".  
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

tV1fr835Dcq3 Posted at 2016-10-31 15:08
Ok, I see that you're not the same 007 as the one above. My mistake,  I apologize. It's possible I c ...

That's fine, debate is good , but the problem with this thread is some people don't want to debate, and then it all ends up in a farce, yes I would like to know, the truth behind this.
I don't include you in above regarding debating..
2016-10-31
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

People, feel free to be mad at DJI for not updating you individually for the status of your drone.   That makes sense and is a real complaint.  But to push forward an obvious hoax is just sad.  It takes very little thought to be able to identify the fake email as a hoax.  How about the fact the is no To: information?  No email header?  Nobody can produce the actual email?  Why hide to the To: information?  It's not like the person who sent it won't know who leaked it.  Why is the email posted here further changed and altered from the original Hoax email?  Why does someone who is clearly native to China calling a typhoon a hurricane?  Guys... this is basic problem solving.
2016-10-31
Use props
tV1fr835Dcq3
lvl.2

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:15
Lol.  I'll use the same logic.  "The email is a hoax.  Now you have to prove it's not".

Except you're the only one claiming it is a hoax. Not even the employee in question or any representatives of the company have came forward with that claim. Which would be the obvious thing to do right away to clear up any false info. Why haven't they?
2016-10-31
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tV1fr835Dcq3 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:19
Except you're the only one claiming it is a hoax. Not even the employee in question or any represe ...

You are well over a week late to the party dude.  DJI said the day it was first made up and posted on this board that it was fake.  They can't post in every one of these threads.  There have been many, many posts.  You need to re-evaluate your understanding on the rules of evidence.  
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-10-31 15:04
I find the last paragraph in this article extremely funny.....

http://www.channelnews.com.au/dji-ma ...

I fully agree it's a bit of an enigma .
2016-10-31
Use props
tV1fr835Dcq3
lvl.2

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:21
You are well over a week late to the party dude.  DJI said the day it was first made up and posted  ...

I've been following this from the start and I have never seen that posted from any dji employee. I'm not trying to argue, but if this has been said, a link to such a post would do a lot of good in clearing this up.
2016-10-31
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Whether it is a truthful email or not, most everyone who pre-ordered this product is still walking funny from how DJI has treated them...
2016-10-31
Use props
Kalock
lvl.2

tV1fr835Dcq3 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:19
Except you're the only one claiming it is a hoax. Not even the employee in question or any represe ...

I'm in the hoax camp as well. For many of the inconsistencies mentioned as well as the fact I doubt any company would send a letter like that to a reseller knowing anything you send WILL be leaked. Telling a reseller there's been delays sure. Laying out a diobolical plan to trick the masses?  Let's use some common sense.

Then again. There's a chance we could "Make America Great Again". Idiocracy is coming true and common sense seems to have left stage right for the horizon.
2016-10-31
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tV1fr835Dcq3 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:25
I've been following this from the start and I have never seen that posted from any dji employee. I ...

Even better, how about a link to anybody, any company, or anything that has actually received or seen this email?  This is why evidence works the way it does.  If something is true, there is evidence that backs it up.  Clearly we can't live in a world where we make everybody prove that any random allegation is not true.  This is why when statements are made we ask for evidence to back up the statement, not evidence to disprove the statement.  Actually this method is so popular we use it in our court systems.  Hence "Innocent until proven guilty".  The problem with your method of thinking is that I can simply make a new thread and post my own Hoax email.  In it I can simply write that the prior email was a Hoax and this one is for real this time.  Problem solved.  Then everyone else can do it and we can all have a big hoax email party.  This is also why the only people that have reported on the email are companies that are OK with writing articles without fact checking anything.  I assume this will be on CNN shortly, (badum-ching).
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PJgurn Posted at 2016-10-31 14:59

I think you mean , the article has been rewritten several times, this argument would stop if someone could produce a copy of this email, but as it stands I'm neither a believer or non believer,
My interest is in flying drones , and I think posters would be far better served to be discussing ways to try getting Mavic shipped to dji customers quicker.
I don't need a pound of flesh , I will be quite happy to receive my drone.
2016-10-31
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.2

United States

Here we go again - a circular argument hoax or not that serves no purpose.  The facts are DJI is doing a horrible job keeping customers informed, and meeting sales commitments it made by accepting orders and payment - PERIOD FULL STOP.

But I am sure  there will be some who can't even admit that.
2016-10-31
Use props
PJgurn
lvl.2
United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-31 09:09
Have you ever spoken to anyone who works for DJI in China?  They certainly do not speak perfect En ...

That's what you are going off of?! Are you kidding me?! Does it not occur to you that they likely use someone very high up to deal with distributors and this person is likely bilingual or very educated in the English language.
2016-10-31
Use props
1badtrain
lvl.2
United States

In case you missed it. This is in response to the email.

The truth is, that is only a very small quantity of it released to comfort the market. (Please make this confidential, just for you dealers.)

Please try your best to convince your customers to stick with you, don’t cancel their preorders. IF they head to DJI official store for it now, they will have to wait much much longer to get it because there are hundreds of thousands of preorders in line on DJI official store now and they will have to take care of it for the whole globe.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I will try my best to ship out orders as soon as possible starting from Oct. 25th.

http://dronelife.com/2016/10/29/delayed-mavic-pro-dji/

We can’t vouch for the veracity of the email above or its content, and as big DJI fans the last thing we want to do is fan the flames of speculation. So we got in touch with someone who can help put things straight: Adam Lisberg, DJI’s head US spokesman and corporate communication director.

First up, we asked if there was any truth in the suggestion that a small number of Mavic Pros have been dispatched “to comfort the market”. In response Lisberg was unequivocal. “No,” he said. “As we ramped up the production line in our factory, we dispatched Mavic Pros because people had ordered them, and for the past week we have been shipping as many as we can, as frequently as we can. We have a significant number of orders to fill, and we’re working as hard as we can to fill them.”
2016-10-31
Use props
PJgurn
lvl.2
United States

Look the fact of the matter is that this is a DJI email sent to their distributors who are just as upset about not having product to sell as we are about not having our drones to fly. DJI of course would have more "confidential", detailed, and inside info on the reason as to why they don't have drones on their shelves that they would share with their partners and not with their customers. If you don't see there is any possibility that these emails are real then you are very naive and DJI has got you by your genitals and is dragging you around everywhere they please.
2016-10-31
Use props
PJgurn
lvl.2
United States

1badtrain Posted at 2016-10-31 09:52
In case you missed it. This is in response to the email.

Sure his replies could be true at this moment and maybe not 5 days ago but he could and likely is lying to us because they don't want to be another Samsung.
2016-10-31
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

PJgurn Posted at 2016-10-31 11:55
Sure his replies could be true at this moment and maybe not 5 days ago but he could and likely is  ...

Don't want to be another Samsung like Mavic Pros are spontaneously catching on fire? Do you have more secret news the rest of the world doesn't know about?
2016-10-31
Use props
PJgurn
lvl.2
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-10-31 10:07
Don't want to be another Samsung like Mavic Pros are spontaneously catching on fire? Do you have m ...

What I mean is Samsung lied about the whole situation and they knew exactly what was going on. DJI doesn't want to be placed in the same boat so they will continue to assure instead of take responsibility. Business as usual.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PJgurn Posted at 2016-10-31 15:55
Sure his replies could be true at this moment and maybe not 5 days ago but he could and likely is  ...

I think it's probably you getting pulled around by the ring in your nose, as I said in a previous post , if there was a statement by dji you would just do what you've done call them liars.
I don't think anyone wants this pointless discussion any more, particularly from people who have no opinions on anything else, and just drop by for the day to stir things.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Hey guys, I'm going to close this thread as there's already threads open about this topic. Please post in there. Thanks so much!
2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules