PHANTOM 3 S FIRMWARE UPGRADE? OR THROW DRONE AWAY?
1500 21 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

SO,  I never had a problem with range.. and my P3S Has been performing flawlesly. LATEST FIRMWARE... but then again... I live in USA... (FCC)  SO.. QUESTION IS.... WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH ALL THE OTHER OWNERS OF p3s  THAT ARE GROUNDED AFTER THE UPDATE?  I read they can send their units for repair (whatever that means; "update fried something in it"?)  bt even then,  they get it back and thei unites continue having the same problem....

So.. what is gonna happen... do those users have to throw away their drones DJI>?

Thanks.
2016-10-31
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

what firmware are you refering to is it 1.6.8 ?? or the beta 1.7.8??
2016-10-31
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-10-31 12:51
what firmware are you refering to is it 1.6.8 ?? or the beta 1.7.8??

I have the 1.6.8   never had a problem with it...is there a beta upgrade for the p3s ? and how do we get it>?  I havent been prompted to install any new firmware
2016-10-31
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

the standard answer from dji is always send your bird in to evaluation or check antenna position.as just admit there is a bad firmware the 1,6,8 version.and it really can piss me off that they are silent about this firmware instead to admit its bad and then correct the bugs.i hope that there will soon be some realease of a new update or i will newer buy a dji product again.SO WHEN CAN WE EXPEXT SOME NEWS ABOUT THOSE ISSUES
2016-10-31
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-10-31 12:57
the standard answer from dji is always send your bird in to evaluation or check antenna position.as  ...

maybe they were too busy developing the new palm size drone that just came out.....  I hope they can now work on the standard update to all those good customers who spent money in a (reputable) company... can have their money well spent for.... but at this point, DJI is just stealing from those customers who could have just spent 45 dollars on a WL TOYS V912 that will atleast fly 50 meters. Such a lack of loyalty and morals from these companies, no values.
2016-10-31
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

yeah i only get 3300 ft with 1.68 ans a buddy has gotten 11000ft he never updated
2016-10-31
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only updated once on my P3S. It flies great and does everything I need it to do. No further firmware update is needed for P3S IMO.
2016-10-31
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-10-31 14:34
I only updated once on my P3S. It flies great and does everything I need it to do. No further firmwa ...

what firmware do you have?
2016-10-31
Use props
fans9e762f49
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

Me and two of my friends all bought a P3S at the same store within a month of each other.  All running latest official firmware, but me and one of the others can barely fly - the 3rd is 100% Perfect.   2 out of 3 having issues when all from the same store, within a month of each other (which I would assume the same production run) seems to me to show that there is some type of issue with some percentage of the units. Just so happened to be 66% for our group.
(editid because someone elses username showed up on the post when posted)
2016-10-31
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gerardo Rejec Posted at 2016-10-31 14:45
what firmware do you have?

I can't remember off the top of my head, but its one and only firmware upgrade was when it come out the box back in May of this year. I have not updated it since.
2016-10-31
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

fans9e762f49 Posted at 2016-10-31 14:49
Me and two of my friends all bought a P3S at the same store within a month of each other.  All runni ...

do you guys fly your drones in US?  or another country>?
2016-10-31
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-10-31 15:02
I can't remember off the top of my head, but its one and only firmware upgrade was when it come out ...

oh i see..  would be interesting to see what firmware you have...  I am just curious and it is one of the reasons why I asked in this thread..   I only see posts from people with problems.. but rarely someone posts saying that they are so far doing good with their p3s running the latest update.. Like i said,, I am runing the latest updtate 1.6.8 and it flyes very good... but i fly within the US....  i see most of the people with problems are flying in European countries
2016-10-31
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

I fly with 1.6.8 and 3.0.1 application on a cheap j5 Samsung. No problems at all!
I think maybe that might be caused by difference in hardware.
2016-10-31
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gerardo Rejec Posted at 2016-10-31 15:24
oh i see..  would be interesting to see what firmware you have...  I am just curious and it is one ...

Gerardo, let me look it up for you. I will let you know tomorrow.
2016-10-31
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-11-1 04:32
Gerardo, let me look it up for you. I will let you know tomorrow.

thank you!
2016-10-31
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>

My P3S firmware is 1.3.50 I didn't know my firmware was that old, but see no need to upgrade. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
2016-10-31
Use props
fansb63fc4cf
lvl.1

Australia

My P3 S loses video feed at about 30 m high. Tried different iOS devices and another controller with the same problem.  I'm in Australia. Really means that the drone is useless! What a disappointment!
2016-10-31
Use props
BobABooey
lvl.2

i just ordered a P3S and should be here Wednesday, I hope DJI is not selling units knowing there are issues with them. Thats would be soooooooo wrong
2016-10-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

BobABooey Posted at 2016-11-1 13:04
i just ordered a P3S and should be here Wednesday, I hope DJI is not selling units knowing there are ...

It is known by most people here that the P3 Standard is not as good an aircraft as the Advanced or Professional. If you are considering buying one, then that should tell you something.
2016-10-31
Use props
BobABooey
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-1 10:16
It is known by most people here that the P3 Standard is not as good an aircraft as the Advanced or  ...

I did order the Mavic but who knows when I'll get that thing. I only ordered the P3S to learn wit,  this is my first real drone and only had "toy" ones before.  The cost for the P3S was only $359 for a "Refurbished Unit". I just hope I did not make a mistake buying it...
2016-10-31
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

P3P updated to latest software after repair due to loss of signal. After update controller would not connect to drone nor would it update. Retailer managed to talk me through being able to reconnect but then after attempting to reboot controller absolute nothing. So back again for repair. Now at a point where wondering if consumer rights need to be invoked as a product must be 'fit for purpose'. Seem to me that  if you buy a drone the main thing is to fly it so I'd say it ain't fit for purpose.
Not sure if I'd bother with a Mavic yet if the P3P unit issues can't be resolved.
2016-11-1
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

sky wombat Posted at 2016-11-1 08:23
P3P updated to latest software after repair due to loss of signal. After update controller would not ...

Well,, it is all a business. DJI just like any other company won't do a thing to fix problems with the p3s because it is simply expensive for them. Why would they exhaust their resources into trying to fix a problem when they can just create a new drone.. like the palm size toy they just came out with.  Specially when most of the people with p3s have working unites.. it is just a small percentage  of faulty 3ps units, so the way they think is,, well  ... few people have problems with out units..  we can deal with that..  too bad for them.. if they dont like it,, what are they gonna do>>?  nothing.  cause they are  just customers.  lets tell them to ship back their faulty units and send them back to them with the same problem... till they get tired eventually.   thats how business works unfortunately,  it is what it is , a business...  disloyalty and opportunism is what companies likes this keep promoting.
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules