Distance. Phantom 3 standard.
1128 7 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user55391699e6
New

My Drone goes up forever but at any height it doesn't go more than 30-40 metres. I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or the settings are incorrect. I'm new to this all. It's not in beginner mode anymore. Can anyone help?
2016-10-31
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Check under MC settings. There is a distance limiting feature that you may have checked.
2016-10-31
Use props
connoryankees4
lvl.1

United States

Did u take beginner mode off?

Didnt see you mentoined it
2016-10-31
Use props
user55391699e6
New

I can't see it in the mc settings.

Yes beginner mode is off.
2016-10-31
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I think the max distance setting button is right under the beginner on/off button.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please do not fly it above your head, try to fly it farther firstly then higher.
Since it's WiFi image transmission, it's easier to be affected by interference, please choose an open filed to fly it, and adjust the antenna all the time to optimal range during flight.
Hope this video helps:
2016-10-31
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

ok if it goes up super high than its not a sig issue after  you turn off beginner mode  you have a 10m to 500m a way geo fence. you can select a range or you can turn the fence off all the way.if its sig then it will say lost sig in red and return to home or land if its less than 20m from home and sig is lost. if its the fence it will say max distance reached
2016-10-31
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

If it goes up at a good range but the radious stays within 30 metters then your range paramethers are set to that distance, But  if you cant go high nor far then, once you have done all the other users have recommended.. if still.. it doesnt go beyond 30 40meters..  and if you have updated to the latest firmware... and are flying outside the United States.. chances are that you are going to have to return your drone ASAP... because dji will tell you to send it back to them, then you will get it back with the same problem. Two or Three weeks will go by and your return period will expire most likely at any store within 14 days.
P3S are known to have a range issue after the latest update that dji never fixed. So,  dont go bananas trying to figure out what the hell you are doing wrong.  Turn beginners mode off...and make sure your range limit is beyond those 40 meters you are getting.. if that doesnt work.. return it.

DJI is most likely doing this unpurpose since it is happening only with the phantom 3 standard...  This is  a great strategy to have customers buy the phantom 3 advance that does not have this problem quickly since they definitly needed any extra income possible for development of the new drone that just came out.  How do I know... well... simply because if i were a prick.. I would have done the same.  

2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules