Mode 1 and Mode 2 Confusion
7062 7 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit confused about something. From what I understand, Mode 1 and Mode 2 are considered industry standards in terms of control flight movement when it comes to 4 channel quadcopters.

I was learning how to fly a quadcopter using a Syma X11. In the manual for this quadcopter it says that left stick Mode 1 is throttle and yaw - but the Mavic instructions says that Yaw on the left stick is Mode 2.

It seems that both Throttle and Pitch never change regardless of the Mode.

Throttle always on the left stick
Pitch always on the right stick

Yaw and Roll is dependent on either Mode 1 or Mode 2.

I've looked at the instructions for the Mavic and it says that Mode 2 is Yaw on the left stick but if that's the case, why do so many quadcopter manufacturers call having Yaw on the left stick Mode 1?
Could you please take a look at this PDF of their instructions:
Syma X11 Instructions

I've tried both Modes and I personally feel like I have a lot more control by having the Yaw (rotating clockwise - counter clockwise) on the right stick. I'm just starting out so I know I can force myself to learn having Yaw on the left stick since that's what is considered default on the Mavic. Are there any major downsides to having the right stick control the Yaw? A golfer once told me the biggest mistake you could ever make in the game is picking up bad habits from day one. That once learned, it can make the difference between being a good golfer and an excellent golfer. I'm sure the same applies to flying quadcopters.

I know that I can change my preferred Mode using the DJI Go App using a Mavic, but am confused as to why DJI calls Yaw on the left stick Mode 2. In the manual for the Syma X11 it clearly shows Mode 2 as Yaw being on the right stick.

Aren't Mode 1 and Mode 2 an industry standard in the quadcopter world?

2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, if you want to use the Yaw on the right stick, I think you could select Mode 3.
Also you could custom the stick mode by yourself.
Here are the screenshots for your reference.
mode 3.png
custom.png
2016-10-31
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Mindy I knew I could change it in the GO App. I'm still curious about my other questions. Do you fly quadcopters?
2016-10-31
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

Is there a way to see these settings on the DJI Go App without binding it to a DJI Quadcopter since I don't own one yet?
2016-10-31
Use props
Yves Mattle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74944 ft
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-31 18:22
Hello, if you want to use the Yaw on the right stick, I think you could select Mode 3.
Also you could custom the stick mode by yourself.
Here are the screenshots for your reference.

Hey Mindy, can you please explain to me why there used to be a custom mode and now there isn't???
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Yves Mattle Posted at 9-26 11:48
Hey Mindy, can you please explain to me why there used to be a custom mode and now there isn't???
[view_image]

Hi there, could you please tell us the model of the drone you're using?
2022-9-28
Use props
fans8163b656
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364577 ft
Brazil

he is referring to the dji avata also I didn't find the option to customize I got used to the roll on the left side and in the avatar there is no way to customize it because dji didn't make this option this is preventing me from buying it
They will forget that it gives people who drive outside the standard. could do an update that corrects this error because I pilot in mode 4 and I would like to acquire the product
2022-9-28
Use props
fans8163b656
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364577 ft
Brazil

he is referring to the dji avata also I didn't find the option to customize I got used to the roll on the left side and in the avatar there is no way to customize it because dji didn't make this option this is preventing me from buying it
They will forget that it gives people who drive outside the standard. could do an update that corrects this error because I pilot in mode 4 and I would like to acquire the product
2022-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules