Mavic Crashing
12Next >
4288 41 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

If you're like me, crashed due to RTH usage, I would highly suggest calling in support line. I had to escalate mine to their supervisor, and so far he sounds very helpful. He did mention they are getting calls in, so I would highly suggest everyone start calling. I believe once we get them to realize that it isn't just a few people with this issue, they will open their eyes.

My Mavic crashed last Thursday when I hit return to home. It begun to speed up and ascend and drift left. I tried to cancel RTH with no luck. The controls became unresponsive and I fought as much as I can to steer the Mavic from collision, but it would ignore what I was doing. My Mavic is scuffed up, it looks OK but the props are toast. There's no way for my to test if it's flyable until I get new props. I been emailing and calling support since Friday.
2016-10-31
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Hi Fulcrum, sorry to hear buddy.

Can you please tells us a bit more about your crash? Can you please describe what was the behaviour that caused the crash?
2016-10-31
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-31 17:01
Hi Fulcrum, sorry to hear buddy.

Can you please tells us a bit more about your crash? Can you plea ...

I just updated my post, I realize I'm an idiot for not typing what happened. lol
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No matter what happened dji will be able to tell from reading your logs, they don't lie, that's why first you need to back them up in go app , and you can upload them here,
I know from experience that if it's a malfunction they will look after you.
It also helps others here if you upload your logs to familiarize themselves with what goes on in these situations.
Sorry to hear about your crash, hope you get sorted..
2016-10-31
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 17:06
No matter what happened dji will be able to tell from reading your logs, they don't lie, that's why  ...

I hope they will fix this. Even if my mavic is good to fly again with just new props, I'm just scared this will happen again.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-1 00:17
I hope they will fix this. Even if my mavic is good to fly again with just new props, I'm just sca ...

I'm sure they will , it's starting to show a pattern, so maybe it's a firmwear issue, I think they are beta testing at the moment, which is the norm , it should show up in testing.
2016-10-31
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-1 11:17
I hope they will fix this. Even if my mavic is good to fly again with just new props, I'm just sca ...

It looks that the Mavic is having so many issues with the "Sticky left stick" and some erratic Return to home flights, so far there has been reports of at least 7 more cases in this and different forums/youtube.  Its a bit concerning that this is happening to seasoned fliers and not to new users.

There are many peeps out there trying to disregard this issues, but it looks quite serious to lose control and not being able to regain it. Not really what you  expect for a 1300 drone
2016-10-31
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-1 11:26
I'm sure they will , it's starting to show a pattern, so maybe it's a firmwear issue, I think they ...

Beta testing ??
So you mean that DJI released a delayed aircraft and its currently beta testing with the user that have the bird in their hands?

Wow... just wow.  
2016-10-31
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

stratosHD Posted at 2016-11-1 08:55
It looks that the Mavic is having so many issues with the "Sticky left stick" and some erratic Ret ...

Agreed.  This is happening to experienced pilots.  Glad I didn't jump to pre-order, and hope they get this sorted out soon.  I am going to order one, but might just wait a while and continue to fly my P3Ps.  At least I know I can trust their behavior.
2016-10-31
Use props
heyengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>

stratosHD Posted at 2016-11-1 08:55
It looks that the Mavic is having so many issues with the "Sticky left stick" and some erratic Ret ...

I don't necessarily think that people are disregarding these issues.  I'm paying attention myself.  But it doesn't help to jump into conclusions without hard data.

In this case, there is no mention of the GPS status when RTH was engaged, or what the drone crashed into.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

stratosHD Posted at 2016-11-1 01:00
Beta testing ??
So you mean that DJI released a delayed aircraft and its currently beta testing wi ...

That is fairly normal, I'm sure you seen the notices up here advertising for beta testers, I'm sure it's the second tranche of testers , don't worry it was same with other dji aircraft.
2016-10-31
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

heyengel Posted at 2016-10-31 18:04
I don't necessarily think that people are disregarding these issues.  I'm paying attention myself.  ...

I actually created this with intent to just encourage people to call support so they get our attention. I posted my details in another thread back on Thursday
2016-10-31
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

United States

Another $1300 crash. Subscribing
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash,Fulcrum.
Since you had contacted our tech support, please follow the instruction and send it in for further evaluation.
2016-10-31
Use props
wing
lvl.1

Canada

following! ios or android
2016-10-31
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

wing Posted at 2016-10-31 23:36
following! ios or android

iOS iPhone 6S Plus 10.1
2016-10-31
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

It happened to me yesterday... but the RTH kicked in for no reason: I was 2 meters from the drone with full signal and I had 55% of battery left. It jumped in the air, moved 10 meters apart and started to descend in a tiny grass spot.. I was superlucky that it almost centered the only flat grass spot there! He cut some high grass and only then I finally regained the control. 1 meter in any other direction and it would have centered one of the many obstacles there resulting in a big crash.
2016-11-1
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-1 13:01
iOS iPhone 6S Plus 10.1

I have yet too see an Android issue. I use an S7 Edge and I'm scared that I will have an issue soon. But after 15 full flights until low battery kicks in, I've always used RTH and never had any issues. It also landed almost were it took off. Sorry to hear about your crash, buddy. I hope DJI address this soon.
2016-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-1 09:45
It happened to me yesterday... but the RTH kicked in for no reason: I was 2 meters from the drone wi ...

You need to upload logs so people know what your talking about..
2016-11-1
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-1 11:58
You need to upload logs so people know what your talking about..

I did already.
2016-11-1
Use props
Luisrsg
lvl.1

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-1 13:01
iOS iPhone 6S Plus 10.1

Did you find the cause for this? I'm grounded until someone figures out how to stop these errors from happening.  
2016-11-2
Use props
djoole
lvl.2
France

Nobody know the cause, we're all desperately waiting for DJI's feedback on these issues.

A guy in another thread got a similar (but not identical) problem with Android phone.. control was erratic but not totally unresponsive..
2016-11-2
Use props
Luisrsg
lvl.1

djoole Posted at 2016-11-3 02:13
Nobody know the cause, we're all desperately waiting for DJI's feedback on these issues.

A guy in a ...

I was hoping this case had some resolution as I saw the op had heard back from dji stating this was user error but I wanted to hear more on why they would think this...
2016-11-2
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Luisrsg Posted at 2016-11-2 18:19
I was hoping this case had some resolution as I saw the op had heard back from dji stating this wa ...

Because if they accept it was their fault then they open themselves up for blame on all of these incidents. Thus pressuring them to admit that the device is currently defective. Then you have a note7 situation.
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

Luisrsg Posted at 2016-11-2 11:01
Did you find the cause for this? I'm grounded until someone figures out how to stop these errors f ...

Nothing yet. They said pilot error the first time, but they claim to be reviewing it again after I keep repeating it drifted away. DJI Ken has been helpful, but I'm sure he's overwhelmed right now by the requests. So far I have to keep following up with them.

From looking at the unit, other than scuffs, it seems fine, I just need new props. I won't really know until I get that. To be honest, I'm scared to fly it even if I get new props in case this happens again. The fact that I couldn't cancel RTH or get control back was just scary. I fly a 250FPV drone as well, and that has been less scarier as I have full control. I just want to enjoy my Mavic...sigh
2016-11-2
Use props
Luisrsg
lvl.1

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-3 03:11
Nothing yet. They said pilot error the first time, but they claim to be reviewing it again after I ...

Geez, I feel your pain. Mine is grounded as well until
1. I can't help it anymore
2. Dji releases a firmware update.

Do you happen to have the recording of the playback from the app showing the stick inputs or technically, lack there of as it was drifting?
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

Luisrsg Posted at 2016-11-2 12:22
Geez, I feel your pain. Mine is grounded as well until
1. I can't help it anymore
2. Dji release ...

Watching the playback again I just realized it shows "home" as inside a building, but shows the location of the remote as the parking lot where I was standing. I was standing next to the Mavic when I began..so that alone is concerning if it's marking home as somewhere else. Based on the playback when I hit RTH and it ascended, I tried to bring it back down, it didn't react/ respond then it started drifting. Canceling RTH didn't work either.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans0d46086d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349826 ft
  • >>>
United States

hey Fulcrum, in the future, because they said that you were moving the sticks after RTH didn't work they called it "pilot error", would you have just let the drone crash on it's own without moving the sticks? or would you have still tried to move the sticks to prevent a crash?  it seems like because you were moving the sticks trying to bring it back, after it went haywire, they are blaming you for the crash?
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

fans0d46086d Posted at 2016-11-2 12:58
hey Fulcrum, in the future, because they said that you were moving the sticks after RTH didn't work  ...

I was trying to bring it back, but it didn't respond to any controls at all. I basically gave up near the end because my coworker ran to attempt to catch it (I highly dont recommend this)
2016-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-2 19:32
Watching the playback again I just realized it shows "home" as inside a building, but shows the lo ...

It may have registered home point as inside if you had it turned on inside, before you take off it will ask you to check the home point, it's something I would strongly advise people to do, it's not your final call for nothing..
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-2 13:15
It may have registered home point as inside if you had it turned on inside, before you take off it ...

I made sure to turn it on outside on the floor...I've had an incident where another quad blades spun while I was carrying it, this was with my FPV250 quad haha
2016-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-2 20:25
I made sure to turn it on outside on the floor...I've had an incident where another quad blades sp ...

Yes but did you check your home point on the map before you took off, you are prompted to do this.
The reason I ask is, I have often had my drone turned on inside and when I go outside it's still showing home point as inside the house, so I just turn off and on the drone and now my home point is correct..
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-2 13:42
Yes but did you check your home point on the map before you took off, you are prompted to do this. ...

I want to say I did, but at this point I don't remember. Only thing I remember vividly is when the whole issue began.
2016-11-2
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-3 04:55
I want to say I did, but at this point I don't remember. Only thing I remember vividly is when the ...

DJI Ken said you had 11 Sats when starting, this shoukd be enough to NOT allow the discrepancy between your position outside the building and the spot on the map, right ?

If my crafts with el-cheapo GPS have 11 Sats the hdop << 1.5 and precisioon better then 2m...

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Correct me if i'm wrong but have all these weird issues been when connected to an IOS device? I cant remember seeing an issue with an android device yet ?

2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-11-2 14:16
Correct me if i'm wrong but have all these weird issues been when connected to an IOS device? I cant ...

So far yes, I'm on iOS 10.1 iPhone 6S Plus
2016-11-2
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-11-3 05:16
Correct me if i'm wrong but have all these weird issues been when connected to an IOS device? I cant ...

Beeing an Android Fanboy i would hope so but i opened a thread for that and here is one guy using a HTC who got into trouble aalbeit no LOC.
android thread

:-(

MABYE it was something else in this case because you are absolutely right, i also got an "only iOS" impression, but on the other hand DJI Fans are very likely also Apple fans (same philosophy).
SO maybe its just statistics but so far i am hoping for Android :-)
Alll that could be easily proved if the Guys with trouble would try Tx only or switching of smartdevice / Tx when getting in trouble.
But obviously thats a lot ot ask...

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-11-2 22:16

No, I have an android (Honor 8) and mine almost crashed due to the RTH kicked in for no reason without being able to cancel it.
2016-11-2
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-3 05:46
No, I have an android (Honor 8) and mine almost crashed due to the RTH kicked in for no reason wit ...

Crap, next Stop: CONTROLLER...
2016-11-2
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So sorry Fulcrum to hear you have had issues with your Mavic (like a few others it seems). I am yet to receive mine but i have a feeling this could be the reason for the now further delays in shipping.
2016-11-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules