Mavic Pro:How to Remove the Gimbal Covers and Gimbal Clamp
39705 20 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Jessie
lvl.3

Hong Kong

This document will show you how to remove the Mavic’s gimbal covers and gimbal clamp.

Remove the gimbal covers and gimbal clamp as shown below:  
1)  Remove the gimbal silicone rubber cover.
2)  Remove the transparent plastic gimbal cover.
3)  Remove the gimbal clamp.

Please refer to the pictures below:
1)Remove the silicone rubber gimbal cover.
With the arms folded, place the Mavic Pro on even ground. Hold the aircraft with one hand while gently remove the gimbal silicone rubber cover outward. Place the gimbal silicone rubber cover aside.
   1.png 2.png

2)Remove the gimbal cover.
Hold the aircraft with one hand while grip the gimbal cover with middle finger and thumb of your other hand. Press the upper part of the gimbal cover with your thumb and remove it, as shown in the picture below.
   3.png
4.png

3) Remove the gimbal clamp
Hold the aircraft body by one hand and grasp the clamp between your thumb and forefinger. Then lift the clamp up to remove it.
   5.png
6.png

This is for reference only, thank you!

2016-11-1
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Can you please advise with regards to my post about the Yellow Gimbal Sticker http://forum.dji.com/thread-70471-1-1.html
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Logger Posted at 2016-11-2 11:07
Can you please advise with regards to my post about the Yellow Gimbal Sticker http://forum.dji.com/t ...

Fine, glad to help you check it.
2016-11-1
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

I'm using a label to remind myself to remove the gimbal clamp before flying as I forgot to remove it one time, luckily it didn't burnout the gimbal servo.
image.jpg
2016-11-2
Use props
TBird_RainyLake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283930 ft

Hi,  your methods aren't fool proof.  The part of the gimbal cover that fits into the notch (down side when mavic is upside down) broke off on the 3rd day of use.
I do not see replacements anywhere on your site.  Where can I get a replacement?
Thanks
2016-11-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Just wondering why is this on the Inspire Forum page ?

donnie
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-3 20:23
Just wondering why is this on the Inspire Forum page ?

donnie

Hey, what's up Donnie,
I see it as being in the Mavic page, I just looked at the Inspire page and didn't see it there.
2016-11-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 20:56
Hey, what's up Donnie,
I see it as being in the Mavic page, I just looked at the Inspire page and  ...

Oh Man, am I getting old , I bet I answered a questions posed to me and then thought I was on the Inspire page ....  time  for my meds. and a nap

donnie
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-4 18:33
Oh Man, am I getting old , I bet I answered a questions posed to me and then thought I was on the  ...

That's funny buddy, have a good sleep.
2016-11-4
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

How about if you fly with the cover on. I mean only the plastic part and only for protection. For example someone who just get the mavic (or mavic is his first drone) and want only to know how he can fly the drone, to see and understand how this thing works. Is it harmful?
2016-11-5
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

SO many unboxing videos, but here is one that is actually good! He shows the proper way to remove the dome, and gimbal clamp, and you get some great closeup action video of the process.

2016-11-5
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-6 03:31
SO many unboxing videos, but here is one that is actually good! He shows the proper way to remove th ...

Thanks for posting. Best part for me was seeing the neat little adapters he made for his tablet. Has inspired me to do something similar to attach my  regular size  iPad.
2016-11-5
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-6 01:01
SO many unboxing videos, but here is one that is actually good! He shows the proper way to remove th ...

that guys video is informative as heck, it shows you how to take stuff off propery and explains everything in great detail. this is a good model of how unboxing videos for tech products should be.
2016-11-5
Use props
8SWWM1ONBQUL
New

On my second flight with my Mavic, I noticed the camera showing an uneven picture on my phone. I tried calibrating the compass and still showed a crooked picture. Anyone got any advice as to how to get my gimbal level?
2016-11-5
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please place your Mavic on a level surface and calibrate the gimbal.  See if that helps.  You can also manually adjust the horizon.  Note that aggressive flying can cause the gimbal to loose the horizon briefly.  It normally will return to level within a few moments.
2016-11-6
Use props
Gery Foss
lvl.1

Hong Kong

On my second flight with my Mavic, I noticed the camera showing an uneven picture on my phone. I tried calibrating the compass and still showed a crooked picture. Anyone got any advice as to how to get my gimbal level?
2016-11-7
Use props
MadCow12
New

United States

I will have to bookmark this page - too bad I wont be able to use this until January
2016-11-7
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Gery Foss Posted at 2016-11-7 17:02
On my second flight with my Mavic, I noticed the camera showing an uneven picture on my phone. I tri ...

I would say 2 things... 1) this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread (removing the gimbal cover), and 2) you should not turn on your Mavic unless it is sitting on flat, level ground at the time. If you are holding it while turning on, the calibration is based on false data.
2016-11-7
Use props
Speedflier
lvl.2
United States

Should users re-install the Gimbal-clamp after every flight?
How important is the Gimbal-clamp to transporting the drone safely?

Thanks for your answer in advance....
2016-12-11
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

Finally got my hands on a Mavic today but I am worried about breaking it before I fly as the gimbal clamp is stuck in place very stiff!

[edit] got the gimbal clamp off - it was a worrying moment but it all seems to have remained intact!
2017-1-24
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-5 09:01
SO many unboxing videos, but here is one that is actually good! He shows the proper way to remove the dome, and gimbal clamp, and you get some great closeup action video of the process.

MAVIC unbox - part 1, by Bo Lorentzen

Probably the most comprehensive videos I've seen.  A real must-see.
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules