Battery will not stay on
18198 32 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans86f3d666
New

United States

Hello folks. This is first time on forum. Its been a couple of months sinse I flew my Phantom 3. Today I charged both of my batteries and all appeared good. Both batteries showed fully charged. When I pushed power button battery came on and showed all four lights green. Lights stayed on for about 5 seconds then went off. Both batteries doing same thing. Will not stay on. I have no idea what to do. I've gone through manual but no advise. Can someone help me. My Phantom 3 is just a few months old and hasn't been flown much.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans86f3d666
New

United States

Hello folks. This is first time on forum. Its been a couple of months sinse I flew my Phantom 3. Today I charged both of my batteries and all appeared good. Both batteries showed fully charged. When I pushed power button battery came on and showed all four lights green. Lights stayed on for about 5 seconds then went off. Both batteries doing same thing. Will not stay on. I have no idea what to do. I've gone through manual but no advise. Can someone help me. My Phantom 3 is just a few months old and hasn't been flown much.
2016-11-2
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

One press will tell you what charge level battery is at. To fire the battery up you hold down battery button for 1 second.....release and then press again for two or three seconds.........then all should be good!!
2016-11-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans86f3d666 Posted at 2016-11-2 19:42
Hello folks. This is first time on forum. Its been a couple of months sinse I flew my Phantom 3. Tod ...

Push button once then release, then quickly push again and hold button operated for more than 2 seconds, that should do it.
2016-11-2
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Sorry that the replies you have received thus far do not address your question.
I have the same problem with one of my four batteries.

LISTEN POTENTIAL RESPONDERS: Short press followed by long press powers up the battery but it shuts off after a few seconds.

I don't have an answer but I found that when I try it several times is seems to stay on eventually. Sometimes I get impatient and switch to another battery.
2016-11-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RSW Posted at 2016-11-3 09:04
I have the same prob ...

The responders are correct, the OP does not appear to be using the correct technique to start the battery. Also, if you use the correct technique but the battery is not in the aircraft, it will shut down after a few seconds. To do it correctly, the battery must be in the aircraft firstly, then press the button once briefly and release, then press it again and the lights should march across from 1 to 4 then it will stay on.
2016-11-2
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

RSW Posted at 2016-11-2 18:04
I have the same prob ...

actuall I think they have,

if he is doing exactly as he says
he is not doing the second step as noted by previous posts.

quick touch once the release and then another touch till it fires up.
practice helps, I still mess up at times...after 2 years

can be in quad or outside quad.
if done outside quad you can then connect charger and "top Off" the charge.

Good luck and have fun flying
2016-11-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RSW Posted at 2016-11-2 22:04
I have the same prob ...

Bear in mind that potential responders may already have carried out this action hundreds if not thousands of times (I'm in the first category).

2016-11-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also if you watch the front of the P4, just above the camera gimbal housing, when you push and hold the power button the second time you will see the flash of a red LED inside the case. Once you've done it a few time it becomes 2nd nature.
2016-11-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RSW Posted at 2016-11-2 22:04
I have the same prob ...

"I have the same problem with one of my four batteries."

So what happens with the other three, do they power up correctly ? If so then that might suggest a faulty battery.
2016-11-2
Use props
RSW
lvl.4

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-3 08:38
"I have the same problem with one of my four batteries."

So what happens with the other three, do ...

Yeah, I know. Once it powers on it has always performed fine. It just takes several attempts at getting it to go on, and again, it WILL turn on, but then it just goes off after a few seconds.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RSW Posted at 2016-11-3 10:42
Yeah, I know. Once it powers on it has always performed fine. It just takes several attempts at ge ...

It seems interesting, may I know how long you have used the battery?  Please fully charge the battery, and if it can be power on properly, then check the battery info on APP page?
If it happens again next time, would you please record a short video for us? thanks.
2016-11-2
Use props
PanoF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1219734 ft
Greece

As OP says Its been a couple of months sinse I flew my Phantom 3 So the battery must be  in a hibernation mode. I dont remember whats the solution for this, but i thing this is it.
2016-11-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PanoF Posted at 2016-11-3 10:03
As OP says Its been a couple of months sinse I flew my Phantom 3 So the battery must be  in a hibern ...

LED around switch glows red if in hibernation mode. If in hibernation leave for 5 minutes and the light will turn off. Then recharge battery.
2016-11-3
Use props
RSW
lvl.4

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-3 12:13
It seems interesting, may I know how long you have used the battery?  Please fully charge the batt ...

That battery has less than 1 hour flying time probably. An it hasn't been a showstopper yet as it will eventually come on. It is just a little disconcerting.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RSW Posted at 2016-11-3 21:55
That battery has less than 1 hour flying time probably. An it hasn't been a showstopper yet as it  ...

Could you happen to provide a short video of how it's behaving?
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

As others have already mentioned, please ensure that you perform the following steps when turning on the battery:

- Push #1 to the power button is quick, providing the charge capacity information
- While the LEDs from Press #1 are still lit, press and hold the power button until you see all the LEDs light up again in succession.
2016-11-3
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Can i ask if these batteries are genuine DJI Batteries and not fake copies.
If they are the later,DJI updates have made them junk. {:4_181:}

2016-11-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-11-5 06:35
Can i ask if these batteries are genuine DJI Batteries and not fake copies.
If they are the later,DJ ...

That is not true, if they are not genuine DJI batteries, the aircraft will not accept them, much less carry out updates to them.
2016-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

To top up an intelligent flight battery that is already above 95%, that double click and hold method applies as well.
When the battery is still turned on, plug it in to the charger, and it will begin to top up the battery to100% charge.
You need to outwit its brilliance... Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-4
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

That was my point
2016-11-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, I see what you meant, your reply could be taken several ways.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-5 06:04
That is not true, if they are not genuine DJI batteries, the aircraft will not accept them, much l ...

I concur with you. The unit won't even try to update.
2016-11-5
Use props
djiuser_8FOgXFqR0suY
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HI Guys, I am so new to this.

I need some help please. We have the DJI 3 panthom advanced.
We have had it at the school a few years now. only was used once.

i have been asked to take over for a new projects and i cant get it ti start up.

Everytime i try and charge it, it comes on then switches of and this ongoing while plugged in.

i have done the one press and then hold ress and put the charger and it stays on but does not charge up.

i have held it down for 5 secounds and it returns with 4 solid green lights.

everytime its inserted into the drine, it comes onthen goes straigh awayy off.

please can you help.

it is a genuine from DJI. i think its out of warranty.

can any one help please.
2020-5-8
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

i have held it down for 5 secounds and it returns with 4 solid green lights. ... it means useful charge of the battery, in its case a 100% useful life, that means the 4 green lights when pressed continuously 5 seconds
2020-5-8
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

can you post a video showing the issue  ?
2020-5-8
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Check this also !!
2020-5-8
Use props
djiuser_8FOgXFqR0suY
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Jetsam,

Thank you for this information. Il send a video shortly.

I have managed to get a new battery today. However I can't get the remote controller to get connected with the app.

I have downloaded almost all the dji ones from app store.
Did this on my android phone and ipad. Still says disconnected.

I have spent almost all day tying to figure ut out and I feel I am brain dead.

Just want to get this drone up and running for one project but feel. Like it's taking over my life.
2020-5-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_8FOgXFqR0suY Posted at 5-9 15:16
Hi Jetsam,

Thank you for this information. Il send a video shortly.

Just in case you have not got the right technique, you press the on button briefly and then release it, then almost immediately press and hold the button until the battery switches on. Note it requires TWO seperate presses. Exactly the same technique for switching on the RC unit.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_8FOgXFqR0suY
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Yes that's all working fine. I can even fly the aircraft using the RC. I can even control gimble to move around.

But just can not  onnect to the app
2020-5-9
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_8FOgXFqR0suY Posted at 5-9 23:46
Hi,

Yes that's all working fine. I can even fly the aircraft using the RC. I can even control gimble to move around.

i would try reinstall the Dji app , a clean reinstall
2020-5-10
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_8FOgXFqR0suY what mobile device are you using?
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_8FOgXFqR0suY
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi i have done this several times.

I have this installed on my Honor 10 huwai phone and also on my ipad 6
also have installed in on samsung tablet.

but all showing the smae. it will not give me enter camera mode but insted get how to connect option only.

I am so frustrated and feel i have wasted like few days of my life to to resolve this.
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules