Maps
1757 25 2015-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markebdavies.li
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi does anybody know if can download map areas or do you have to do on site as going to an area with no internet and want to use waypoint sorry if dumb question. Thanks in advance
2015-2-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

You can download google maps and save them to your phone or tablet and use them in waypoint when you have no internet connection.
2015-2-6
Use props
markebdavies.li
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Oh thanks how do you use them/transfer them on to waypoint or am I getting the wrong end of the stick lol. Thanks
2015-2-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

markebdavies.li Posted at 2015-2-7 04:20
Oh thanks how do you use them/transfer them on to waypoint or am I getting the wrong end of the stic ...

When you save your map, it will appear when you open your waypoint program on the camera if you have it turned on.
2015-2-6
Use props
markebdavies.li
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Brilliant thanks a lot for your help will try this now.
2015-2-6
Use props
markebdavies.li
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just to check I have downloaded Google maps to my iPad so when I go to area tomorrow it should automatically be able to use for waypoint sorry really slow learner here.    if I got wrong can you a dumbie guide please. Thank you once again sir
2015-2-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

markebdavies.li Posted at 2015-2-7 04:57
Just to check I have downloaded Google maps to my iPad so when I go to area tomorrow it should autom ...

You can try everything in the house now if you want, just remove your props first
2015-2-6
Use props
markebdavies.li
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Got no signal or sat just tried outside but still not bringing map up I think this is above my head lol. Will give it ago tomorrow when out see if can work it out. Just don't see how can pick/register the map up to device just have the 3 icons sorry I know I am sounding like a du bares but your help is much appreciated
2015-2-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

markebdavies.li Posted at 2015-2-7 05:27
Got no signal or sat just tried outside but still not bringing map up I think this is above my head  ...

First you have to open the DJI APP and select settings,  scroll down until you see "ground station"  turn that on
Then open your camera and slide your finger on the screen from right to left, that will open the waypoint screen.
2015-2-6
Use props
markebdavies.li
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Got that far way point is coming up now think loaded from before will check in new area tomorrow see if maps come up thanks so much for your help.
2015-2-6
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-7 04:59
You can try everything in the house now if you want, just remove your props first

I give that an unclicked big Support. I was playing with ground station in the house and hit the Go button after trying way points. The motors came on and it would have hit the ceiling and maybe my head if the props had been on.
2015-2-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-2-7 09:48
I give that an unclicked big Support. I was playing with ground station in the house and hit the G ...

I'm glad you had the props off.  I take them off after I fly and even before I put the Phantom in the car.  Only to be put on just before I take off.
2015-2-6
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

They are so easy to install and remove the props its a wonder not everyone would do it.  It takes less than 30 seconds.
2015-2-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

SavannahQuad Posted at 2015-2-7 10:12
They are so easy to install and remove the props its a wonder not everyone would do it.  It takes le ...

These machines can be "accidently"  started anywhere.
2015-2-6
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-7 10:13
These machines can be "accidently"  started anywhere.

Yeah Gerry I did it once while experimenting.  Luckily I had removed them.
2015-2-6
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

SavannahQuad Posted at 2015-2-7 10:12
They are so easy to install and remove the props its a wonder not everyone would do it.  It takes le ...

Especially since you don't even have a prop nut to remove and reinstall. I have only flown glow engine airplanes but know people that got bit by the sharp plastic props on electric planes working on them at home.
2015-2-6
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

There is a "save Google Map for offline use" function on your phone. The trick is finding it.  I found mine under "tips and tricks" in phone/map menu.
2015-2-7
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Wrong.. Everyone in this tread has misinformed the OP... The Vision App used Bing's Map for ground station... So don't waste your time saving google maps or apple maps on your phone.. Wont do any good....  Btter your preload the maps via bthe app first before leaving your house...
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ronnydsosa.gmai Posted at 2015-2-8 04:01
Wrong.. Everyone in this tread has misinformed the OP... The Vision App used Bing's Map for ground s ...

I have saved the google map of the entire USA and it works perfectly on both of my Phantoms vision +'s.  I have a 10.1 apple tablet on each machine and use that.
2015-2-7
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Well thats easy to find out. Take screenshot of your location using the vsion app and compare it to one from google maps or apple maps.  My guess is im right.. After doing the comparison myself in my ipad air... Vision apps is powered by bings map(aka crappy maps)
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ronnydsosa.gmai Posted at 2015-2-8 04:25
Well thats easy to find out. Take screenshot of your location using the vsion app and compare it to  ...

I saved from google, not bing.  I do not use bing at all.
2015-2-7
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-8 04:29
I saved from google, not bing.  I do not use bing at all.

I thought the vision app was designed to work with Google Maps
2015-2-7
Use props
johnkilcline.gm
lvl.3

Portugal

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-2-8 06:24
I thought the vision app was designed to work with Google Maps

it is! don't know where the Bing maps came from, always been Google maps
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

It came from the post of ronnydsosa.gmai

"Wrong.. Everyone in this tread has misinformed the OP... The Vision App used Bing's Map for ground station... So don't waste your time saving google maps or apple maps on your phone.. Wont do any good....  Btter your preload the maps via bthe app first before leaving your house... "
2015-2-7
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

This from the DJI FAQ page

Maps will be downloaded automatically through Google Maps when you view the waypoints page, as long as you have an internet connection.

2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-2-8 07:11
This from the DJI FAQ page

Maps will be downloaded automatically through Google Maps when you view  ...

I know that but Ronnydsosa doesn't know that.
2015-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules