A side-by-side video quality comparison of these two birds:

What do you guys think about?
2016-11-5
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

I think the gopro has a better image, more natural but a lot can be done in post. I still like Mavic for what it is and it's why I'm still line to get mine. I think they made a valid argument for the Karma with the smoothness of the turning and rotation, it's not jarring like the Mavic is.

Are there any settings in the Mavic to make its movements smoother? Or was the pilot just not subtle enough with his actions?
2016-11-5
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I must be blind because I think the go pro had inferior video to the Mavic. I also prefer the narrower view on the Mavic.  I have a go pro hero 4 and seldom use it but use a Sony action cam instead.
2016-11-5
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

On this I would have to give it to the Mavic. Sharper and better color. I've seen footage (Hero 5) where I think the Hero is better overall quality than the Mavic, but not in this video.
2016-11-5
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

My opinion is some of the video the Mavic was clearer then the Karma. And then there was some the Karma was better. Same with the colors.
If you want to make the movements smoother, is it possible to switch the Mavic into TriPod mode while you are videoing something you like?
2016-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules