Can't enter RTH altitude
3739 8 2015-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leostrat_54.yah
lvl.3

United States

I went to mode and advanced settings>fail safe and tried to change the 20 meters to 150.  It went to zero and won't keep any number I enter.  Is this something in IOS because it is not an approved app. I can't fly until I get this fixed.

2015-2-6
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Did you do it while flying or before? I have IOS 0.9.2 and was able to change it.
2015-2-6
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

I have read from others that the iOS 0.9.2 version does not hold RTH altitude also . One hopes that is corrected in the (hopefully soon) officially approved App
2015-2-6
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've found that you can't change it unless the device is connected to the controller and everything is turned on (remote controller and Inspire aircraft).
2015-2-6
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not to be a kill joy, but 150 meters seems a bit high for a RTH altitude, that is almost 500 ft.    Really just need an altitude a bit above the highest vertical obstruction
2015-2-7
Use props
jaanus
lvl.2
Finland

I tried to set home point today for the first time and it didn't let me set home. "setting home point failed" Any chance this is due altitude issue? I'm using iOS 0.92

I've flown around 10  times already but only short distances and never felt to need to have automatic RTH before (I've never had this feature before so I still prefer flying by sight instead FPV) Today was quite windy and though RTH might come in handy

2015-2-7
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

I can confirm the statement of abe.

I've just tried to set the RTH height (and other parameters) in the iOS App (0.9.2) and it didn't work as long as I turned on the Inspire 1 and connected it to the remote. After that all parameters could be set easily.

Please be aware that the values showed in the app will be 0 as long as the Inspire isn't connected. As soon as you turn it on and connect it the last entered values will be displayed.

I'm going to check if the values (RTH height) also will work if you use RTH right now - didn't use RTH so far.
2015-2-7
Use props
ranchbroker.me
lvl.1

United States

pinpointmapping Posted at 2015-2-7 18:05
Not to be a kill joy, but 150 meters seems a bit high for a RTH altitude, that is almost 500 ft.     ...

I need much higher altitude to accomplish task fir aerial photos.   I'm having the same issue.
2015-2-7
Use props
leostrat_54.yah
lvl.3

United States

abe.abekleinfel Posted at 2015-2-7 15:17
I've found that you can't change it unless the device is connected to the controller and everything  ...

Abe, you were exactly right.  I started up the bird and RC and it was already preset at 20m.  I have been filming in New Mexico around mesas and starting in 1 place and bringing the Inspire around the mesa when I realized that if the bird went to RTH it would try to go through part of the mesa.  The last thing I need is a rope crew rescue of the the bird half way down a steep mesa wall, ergo the correction attempt in my hotel room.  I have had a problem recently with a phantom app doing something similar. In its case it simply says Failsafe 'N/A'  and not allowing input to RTH at all.  That may be because I am flying in Phantom mode and not in Naza so it concerned me.
On a different note, I had no cell service most of where I went so any kind of cell tracker would have been useless.  A Sat tracker not much better because the canyon walls and/or trees would probably have blocked most sats.  I used my little trusty Marco Polo but it makes me really nervous knowing how far these things can fly (especially hearing the Florida thing).  Oh well....and thanks guys for getting me back in the air.
2015-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules