544 2 2016-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127133 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I'm visiting Italy in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to take my Phantom along. I've been doing a bit of research online, and from what I can tell, it looks like there's some rather strict criteria. Apparently I'd need an Italian VDS pilot attestation, along with attendance at a RPAS training programme, authorised by the Italian Civil Aviation Authority.

Would anyone mind running a similar search and just confirming that the law really is so strict out there?

Matt

2016-11-6
Use props
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3441542 ft
  • >>>
Italy

in Italy you can not fly as a hobbyist in urban centers, there is the law, but no one respects. if you have to fly try asking on site you visit that then allow you if at that moment there is no danger
2016-11-6
Use props
MattG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127133 ft
United Kingdom

Guido Merelli Posted at 2016-11-6 23:30
in Italy you can not fly as a hobbyist in urban centers, there is the law, but no one respects. if y ...

I'm going to be staying by Lake Garda, and then making a day trip just over the border to Switzerland. Probably not worth taking it out there just for the day then... especially if I may encounter issues with the police (or getting it out of the country when I pass through security?).

Hmm...
2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules