Video transmission fixed...but other problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans09250969
lvl.1

United States

Following other posts, I downgraded the firmware in my RC from 1.8 to 1.6.  I started with 1.6 and had no video transmission issues but upgraded to 1.8 and had terrible issues with my Samsung Tab A.  After the downgraded firmware was installed in the RC, my video transmission was back to normal.  Problem solved.

However, I still can't get Follow Me to work using this tablet.  It works just fine with my IPhone 6.

Also, my radar on the Samsung tablet was 180 degrees out of phase.  When it said the camera was pointing away from me, it was pointing straight at me.  

I'm giving up with this tablet and returning it to Costco.  I'll stick with my IPhone until I have time to get the Apple IPad Air 2.
2016-11-6
Use props
Weyland_Yutani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32323 ft
United Kingdom

There's quite a few reports of the Tab A having GPS issues, with some people having no GPS unless the device is connected to WiFi, and even then I suspect what they are getting is a location based on the WiFi location. If you can return it then it might be the best option, one of the threads I saw someone called a Samsung shop and asked them to test the ones they had, they tested 5 and all of them had the same issue. Regardless of that Samsung still refuse to help.

Samsung has some serious quality control issues and that's backed up by mediocre customer service.
2016-11-6
Use props
Weyland_Yutani
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-7 02:36
'even then I suspect what they are getting is a location based on the WiFi location. '

Really, and ...

Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_positioning_system#Public_Wi-Fi_location_databases

How Google and everyone else gets WiFi location data

At no point did I claim WiFi has GPS capability but there's some rather old info you should probably update yourself with in regards to Wifi and location. I'm uncertain if this is needless nitpicking or a genuine query?

Edit: Here's some further info from Skyhook a service I was using back before phones had GPS, this uses the same principle of using WiFi for location. Skyhook

Edit: I notice that you deleted the post that I replied to, but I'll  provide a screen capture for your amusement.

You tried to nit pick an argument at which point I proved you to be completely wrong, your response was to move the goalpoasts and pretent it didn't happen, then you deleted it along with your other posts.

Fud.jpg
2016-11-6
Use props
Weyland_Yutani
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-7 03:33
And when the Follow Me mode is being used, which is what this thread is actually about, how does Wi ...

Eh? I get that your upset that I rebuked you in that other thread but this attempt to nit pick is frankly embarrassing. I answered your silly nit picking attempt and now you're trying to shift the goalposts.

Again you've completely misread my post, exactly the same thing I rebuked you for before is this something you have issues with in general? My point was that the Samsung Tab A has known GPS issues for some people, I then gave an example of the issues some people were having, how is that so difficult for you to grasp? Is there someone else there with you that can maybe explain it? Otherwise I'm at a loss.

Since the OP is could be having GPS issues me pointing to other people having similar issues is very much relevant. Now if you don't mind you're completely trashing the OP's thread in a bid to continue a pointless argument.
2016-11-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I notice that the DJI site does not appear to list the Samsung Tab A as a compatible device. It may be that is was tested by DJI and the GPS function was not found to be suitable, although the specs say it is capable of receiving GPS, GLONASS and Beidou (Chinese system).

As an aside, I have the Air 2 and it works just fine in Follow Me mode, so if you get one you should cure most of your problems. The Air 2 has proved to be one of the most reliable devices used with the P3 and P4 aircraft. Just make sure you buy the cellular version, as the WiFi only Air 2 does not have GPS.

2016-11-6
Use props
Weyland_Yutani
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-7 03:53
No, not nitpicking, correcting useless and factually incorrect information that you are putting ou ...

Astonishing lack of self awareness. You basically just described your entire input in that other thread without even a hint that you got the irony. Basically everything you said in that other thread was irrelevant drivel, and even when it was highlighted you opted to double down with more junk. And just because I rebuked you, you are now acting like a spurned lover stalking me from thread to thread picking pointless arguments.

Anyways what happened to you not replying to my posts? Or are you not even able to remember your own childish threats? Maybe you could threaten to tell my mother?
2016-11-6
Use props
Weyland_Yutani
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-7 04:39
'Maybe you could threaten to tell my mother?'

Assuming you have one.....

To be honest you'd have been better threatening to tell my mother than whatever that was.

Your argument has been soundly beaten and your insults cast aside like flotsam, what's next? I would recommend taking some time to think about it as these knee jerk reactions haven't gone well so far. I think when you step back and look at your actions here you'll feel genuinely embarrassed.

Edit: And as if to prove my point you deleted most of the silly posts you made, fortunately I screen captured them before that happened. ;)
2016-11-6
Use props
turfmech
lvl.1

United States

Weyland_Yutani Posted at 2016-11-6 23:51
To be honest you'd have been better threatening to tell my mother than whatever that was.

Your ar ...

your post
2016-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules