4298 8 2015-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Senda
lvl.1

Austria

Hy All.

I have an Inspire and a Ipad 4
Now i Install the DJI Pilot App mith Ifunbox but the Livescreen from the Cam is lagging extremly and there are a big pixels in the screen.
I dont know if the ipad 4 is to slow for the app. Somebody else using an ipad 4?

Thank you guys.
2015-2-7
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, iPad Air here.
2015-2-7
Use props
NomadicFlight
lvl.1

United States

Yea, for some reason the newer versions of iPad air and Mini run the app much more smoothly.... That is expected though considering the extra ram/64 bit architecture. Comparing an iPad 4 with an Air 2 is like comparing a toaster with an oven.
2015-2-7
Use props
rmaxwell.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have an iPad 4 and I have purchased two iPad Air 2 units to use with my double remote control setup on my Inspire One.  The iPad 4 has a lot of lag and the video breaks up and is unusable.  The two iPad Air 2 units work great.  BTW I have had no problems with my system.  I am really enjoying creating great video with it.  Today I received two TB 47 and two TB 48 batteries from the Copter Shop and I also have my prop locks.  I am using version 0.92 of the app and awaiting the final release through the Apple iTunes.

I have been flying R/C aircraft since 1962.
2015-2-7
Use props
Senda
lvl.1

Austria

Nice comparation NomadicFlight :-D

I allso had to buy an Ipad Air2 but the Air1 is allso compatible.

I must say i dont have problems with the machine but there are a lot of problems with camera gimbal and battery out there and this scares me little bit.
2015-2-19
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

The iPad 4 is not powerful enough to run the DJI Pilot App.  Trying to use funbox to install it and run it is just asking for trouble.  You need to purchase a newer iPad. That is the only and simplest answer.

-chris
2015-2-19
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm not getting it - isn't the Ipad 4 with the 8 processor newer and faster than the Ipad 2 and 3
2015-10-4
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2015-10-4 09:33
I'm not getting it - isn't the Ipad 4 with the 8 processor newer and faster than the Ipad 2 and 3

iPad 4 not Mini 4, I bought the Mini 4 but weather and work have delayed flying. Above had me concerned until realized myself talking 4 not mini 4.
2015-10-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I am having trouble following your thread and what iPad you are using. I am using the iPad mini 2 with the A7 processor (nothing fancy) and it works very well with no lag. The screen is dark and I need to stand in the shade with the hoodie installed but otherwise no problem. What is a iPad 4? can you put the specs down with your reply.
:
•Maximum Resolution: 2048 x 1536
•Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n
•Built-in Webcam: Yes
•Operating System: iOS 7
•Drive Capacity: 32GB
.Product Description
With a new A7 chip, advanced wireless and powerful apps - all beautifully integrated with iOS 7 - iPad mini with Retina display lets you do more than you ever imagined. This Apple iPad Mini features retina display that has over 3.1 million pixels - a million more than an HDTV. That's a 2048-by-1536 resolution, four times the resolution of the previous-generation iPad mini. In fact, the pixels are so close together, your eyes can't distinguish them.

Thanks
Rich
2015-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules