991 5 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Terry G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1773327 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im sure this has been covered here in the past but it should be put front and center for the new pilots and some of us older ones aswell. I was having an issue with props coming off. The Inspire came with the 1345S prop setup so I just replaced them with the 1345T prop setup. When removing the old ones I found half of the 8 total screws were not tight and the ones that were tight were not torqued down the same. I dont know if the loose screws were the problem with the props coming off or not as I failed to check to check them prior to replacing them. Just for what its worth!! The 1345T setup seems to be a much better design.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Over time, the screws do get looser due to vibration. Do you happen to recall how many flights you had on the old mounts and whether you flew a tad aggressive?
2016-11-7
Use props
Terry G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1773327 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-7 17:44
Over time, the screws do get looser due to vibration. Do you happen to recall how many flights you h ...

I'm guessing I have about 150-175 flights on the Inspire. Far from aggressive as far as they way I fly. Guess its worth going over on a rainy day.
2016-11-7
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

It's a good reminder for those people using the S and T systems, Terry - thanks.

I'm still using the self-tightening system and locks, but a check of prop location and secure mounting (whatever the system) should be on everyone's pre-flight checklist.
Maybe a quick check of the mounting screws every few flights is in order, wouldn't take much more than a few moments to be sure.
2016-11-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Terry

Yes, this is a great subject and people need to be aware that the prop assemblies should be inspected regularly. I agree with your assessment of the new 1345T prop system is a nice and robust design.

Like Jamie said vibration can cause these assemblies to loosen up. I think that temperature is another major contributing factor especially with plastic parts.

I like to check my props and hubs over before flying.

Thanks again to sharing your information.

Rich

2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Terry G Posted at 2016-11-8 07:53
I'm guessing I have about 150-175 flights on the Inspire. Far from aggressive as far as they way I ...

I would agree to just give them a good look over once and a while, especially since it seems that you put a lot of flights on your unit. If you haven't perused it yet, there is a maintenance guide for the Inspire 1 that have some recommendations at about 200 flights or 50 hours.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... e_ManualV1.0_en.pdf
2016-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules