Wierd motor behavior
1205 13 2015-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nille
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi,

I have noticed a wired motor behavior, I´m not sure if this behavior is expected when not flying.
When I power up and down again the Dji starts to power up the motor again without controller input. It doesn´t power up a little but to full speed.
I have recorded a video.

2015-2-7
Use props
swomilan.hotmai
lvl.4

Mexico

Yep it has a tendency to do that, same for when you fly, land and let the motors run.
2015-2-7
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

That is normal, always done that on mine. Think i read somewhere its because there are no inputs, so it thinks to gain height.
2015-2-7
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

If you power up Phantom before you power up the RC, then Phantom assumes loss of control signal, and wants to attempt to fly home.
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

perdidoflyer Posted at 2015-2-8 04:48
If you power up Phantom before you power up the RC, then Phantom assumes loss of control signal, and ...

Not true, you can power up the Phantom any time with the battery.  If you land and turn off the transmitter, then it will go to RTH mode.  The Phantom can be powered on with the battery and have the transmitter off and all it will do is flash lights,  
2015-2-7
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-8 04:53
Not true, you can power up the Phantom any time with the battery.  If you land and turn off the tr ...

No matter if it goes to RTH or not, do always switch on the transmitter first!
Anyways not the issue here,  it's the normal Phantom behavior of cranking up of the motors after the first throttle up since it seems to assume it's in flight and trying to maintain alt.
2015-2-7
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-8 04:53
Not true, you can power up the Phantom any time with the battery.  If you land and turn off the tr ...

I stand corrected...simply recalling what happens when you power Phantom with no RC...that is how you bind a new one, so suggested to me that Phantom may not know what to do when powered up with no RC.
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

perdidoflyer Posted at 2015-2-8 04:57
I stand corrected...simply recalling what happens when you power Phantom with no RC...that is how  ...

Just sitting there running and everything turned on after landing, the motors will rev up.  They are not sure what causes it.
2015-2-7
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-8 04:59
Just sitting there running and everything turned on after landing, the motors will rev up.  They a ...

Gerry - I am about to do a test as to that scenario...P2V+ V2, no props, power up Phantom, and see what happens...
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

perdidoflyer Posted at 2015-2-8 05:04
Gerry - I am about to do a test as to that scenario...P2V+ V2, no props, power up Phantom, and see ...

Nille has a video of what it will do.
2015-2-7
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-8 05:08
Nille has a video of what it will do.

Nothing but flashing yellow...no motor start.
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

perdidoflyer Posted at 2015-2-8 05:10
Nothing but flashing yellow...no motor start.

Did you rebind the transmitter to the Phantom?
2015-2-7
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

No issue as to that...when I powered on Phantom absent RC, as I mentioned, flashing yellow, meaning no RC. What was interesting was that on one of my power cycles of Phantom absent RC, the motors spun up and it seemed as though Phantom was trying to go home.

Again, my bird is fine...just trying to help troubleshoot, and from my observation, there are various scenarios wherein Phantom may attempt to go "home".
2015-2-7
Use props
Nille
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi guys!

I was just out flew 2x15 minutes and had no issue with the motors powering up.
2015-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules