Camera wont bind
12383 15 2015-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok, I managed to lose my phantom vision 2, but was fortunate that someone found it and contacted me to return it. However, the finder removed the camera, possibly with the intent to sell it. The person who contacted me managed to prevent the camera being sold, and today, some 6 months after it was lost, the camera and vision 2 are back together.

1. The camera is loose on its mounting. There is clearly a missing clip that should attach it to the drive that allows the camera to pan up and down. Does anyone know what part no that is?

2. I have plugged the camera back in but it will not connect to the camera app. The vision 2 does connect to the wifi and shows connected on the smartphone but when you try to access the camera it fails to connect. I tried to rebind the wifi and camera. I am pretty sure that I have done  the  process correctly, but when I access the binding in the dji app settings, the display does not show any settings ssid or mac address for either current or a new camera. When I tap the section to scan QR code (as I still have the original box with the QR on the outside) the app tells me that "access t camera is explicitly denied"

I cant find a mac address on the camera label to input it manually.

Any help would be appreciated.
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

The MAC address is the numbers at the bottom of the QR code on the bottom of the Phantom.  When you rebind the range extender to the camera, enter the last 6 numbers of the QR code.
2015-2-7
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I don't understand what you mean by the bottom of the phantom.

I have a serial no label on the underside on the phantom PH636048329
The box has a QR code label and a second label below it which says
camera s/n AK041336287107
RANGE EXT S/N AK061425064939
PHANTOM S/N AK070947153135
and the underside of the camera itself has:
FC200 FCCID: SS3-FC2001307
AK041336287107
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

steve.chalgrave Posted at 2015-2-8 04:19
I don't understand what you mean by the bottom of the phantom.

I have a serial no label on the unde ...

The number to enter when you bind the range extender is the last 6 numbers of the QR code.  
2015-2-7
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The app wont let me scan a QR code. As I said in my original post, whenI try and bind the camera and it says to get the QR cvode it then tells me that access to the camera is explicity denied.
2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

steve.chalgrave Posted at 2015-2-8 05:52
The app wont let me scan a QR code. As I said in my original post, whenI try and bind the camera and ...

You can manually enter in the last 6 numbers of the QR code.  You do not need to scan the code.
2015-2-7
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

but I don't know what the numbers are??? The only number choices I have available are the serial no's or the FCCID no from the labels?

The QR code printed on thebox label has no numbers on it. Where can I find out what the numbers are so I can enter them manually?
2015-2-8
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Might be worth trying to scan with a QR Reader from say an app from apple and see if it exposes the number on reading?
2015-2-8
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No that doesn't work as when you can the QR code on the box it links to the DJI app download page. It also has the camera binding info in there some where but as I said above I am prevented from using the QR scan when I need to.

DJI wiki says I will have to contact customer support with the camera serial no

I have emailed them but no response yet
2015-2-8
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is there any other way I can find out what the MAC address for the camera is, other than waiting for DJI?
2015-2-8
Use props
andiem
New
Sweden

steve.chalgrave Posted at 2015-2-9 04:44
Is there any other way I can find out what the MAC address for the camera is, other than waiting for ...

Hi Steve, I have this same exact problem (access to the camera is explicity denied when trying to scan the QR code). Did you find a work around?
2015-2-19
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

try turning on the extender and the phantom and then pressing the reset button on the extender until the light goes out, you will also see the WIFI disappear from your phone, let go off the button and wait until the WIFI reappears on the smart phone.

In the app, if you still have it installed, the binding process should show the last camera bound to the extender, you can copy the last 6 digits of the MAC address.

Wait until that appears before pressing the lower MAC address and then enter the details and press the blue tick
\
It may take a couple of attempts as the binding process sucks
2015-2-19
Use props
contacto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170640 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

Hi, I have the same problem today and find a solution for that. if the  DJI application camera won't let you scan the code use other QR scan application this application will take you to a long number info, use the las 6 digits from all this number and works perfect.
her a screen capture. if you lose the QR this will be a different history.

Screen

Screen
2015-7-11
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Had hear other users who couldn't get the wifi extender to bind had to move location away from other wifi signals to get it to bind. One guy had to go out to a field away from houses and buildings that had wireless networks. Might give it a try.
2015-7-13
Use props
OPPS
lvl.1

New Zealand

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-7-14 08:00
Had hear other users who couldn't get the wifi extender to bind had to move location away from other ...

1#

Hi Guys and Gals
finally after 2 to three days off watching videos on how to bind and reading through this forum and others, there it was the answer from ( drones made easy explained by Will how to bind  )I had spent hours with different phones and pads and no joy my big mistake was not the QR code scan which did and did not work due to the ipad saying denied access, but the right Mac address if you have the wrong mac address it will never work .
So when i read about entering  in the mac address i picked up my controller looked under the range extender and there is the mac address and away we go and enter this for binding,but no go what ever i tried the drone camera would not bind with the phone or ipad ,my mistake was THE WRONG MAC ADDRESS, so where is the right mac address,will it was there all the time and it was only due to the fact the video by Will  explains how to enter your mac address manually under the binding menu in the app.
On the pantom drone underneath is the QR Code and at the bottom off the QR code is a row off numbers and letters,the last 6 numbers and letters are  the last part off the Mac address,enter these into the biding menu mac address and low and behold it worked!
The only minor issue i had was when i turned every thing back on i could not see the Pantom wifi , so leaving everything on i reset the wifi extender and up came the pantom wifi name so I logged on to it and I was up and running.
I did post this earlier today but have no idea where the post is ):
I had also read where some members had returned their camera or extenter back to dji who then sent them a replacement but it still did not bind, i now think it was due to the wrong mac address.
Please note that if you use a diiferent phone or pad you will have to go through the same prosses again as the binding is in the apps software where the mac address is stored that you entered in the binding menu
IF I have over looked something or got it wrong please reply and again many thanks to Will

2015-7-15
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Firstly..
If you replace the camera and gimbal then you DO NOT need to bind anything. The camera should just work off the bat WITHOUT BINDING.  If you get telemetry and no FPV, then recheck the 3 cables that go into the gimbal board, especially the 4 pin clip in.

You only need to bind when you replace the range extender OR the wifi module inside the phantom.

If you need to rebind your range extender with the wifi module inside the phantom, use wifi scanning app like android's wifi analyser. Turn on the phantom and scan for the MAC address, record it and stick it on your phantom. You only need the last 6 digits. Don't trust the QR in the case the previous owner switched out the module.

Then do the binding process and make sure you look at the blinking lights when you press the reset button on the Range Extender.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... _the_Range_Extender

Also, make sure you use uppercase letters and press the DONE button to apply (and not the back button).
2015-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules