Horizontal Tilt Issue
5970 37 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1efishinsea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

So this horizontal tilt issue is really annoying !!!

I do a gimbal calibration before each flight and still some angles is horrible and then if you rotate the aircraft say 180 degrees, its fine  " Sometimes "

So i tookk some time to review MANY Mavic vidoes on YouTube and Vimeo and almost every video shows this problem i'd bet the one's that didn't show it were edited out.

Has anyone got the scoop if they are going to address this problem ?
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

What happens when you use the gimbal roll?
2016-11-11
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 14:32
What happens when you use the gimbal roll?

i can resolve it with gimbal roll and the you rotate the aircraft and then have to adkust gimbal roll again, this is a issue, i have spoken to two other persons that have same problem and almost every video on YouTube or Vimeo has some sort of tilt in it as well
2016-11-11
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
United States

1efishinsea Posted at 2016-11-11 14:50
i can resolve it with gimbal roll and the you rotate the aircraft and then have to adkust gimbal r ...

If you do a hard right push to the right,,, on the right stick it sometimes balances it outand or hard left push on right stick, kinda depends which way horizon is tilted
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

1efishinsea Posted at 2016-11-12 03:50
i can resolve it with gimbal roll and the you rotate the aircraft and then have to adkust gimbal r ...

If you are on the latest firmware update (11/9) and you've done a gimbal calibration and if you've done a IMU calibration that was on a perfectly flat surface and gimbal roll has to be adjusted again in the same flight then please contact support by calling 818-235-0789.
2016-11-11
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 14:53
If you are on the latest firmware update (11/9) and you've done a gimbal calibration and if you've ...

sometimes it's worse than other's and it's everyone for the most part, i don't want to send it in quite yet untill i here the words, " we have a fix for it "  again it's not just mine
2016-11-11
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
United States

1efishinsea Posted at 2016-11-11 15:15
sometimes it's worse than other's and it's everyone for the most part, i don't want to send it in  ...
You will notice that on the return flight it's level
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

1efishinsea Posted at 2016-11-12 04:16
You will notice that on the return flight it's level
https://youtu.be/far_zZ0C-LE

You started your flight with it tilted. Can you post a video starting with it level.
2016-11-11
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 15:50
You started your flight with it tilted. Can you post a video starting with it level.

It did not start flat, but if you see when on the return flight, it is leveled out.
2016-11-11
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 15:50

And yes Ken, next time i fly i will start with it flat, if I can
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

1efishinsea Posted at 2016-11-12 05:12
And yes Ken, next time i fly i will start with it flat, if I can

Ok, thanks.
If you cannot get it leveled with all the suggestions I posted earlier, then send it in for warranty repair.
2016-11-11
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 22:23
Ok, thanks.
If you cannot get it leveled with all the suggestions I posted earlier, then send it i ...

Hi Ken, do not want to hijack this topic. Quick remark, did see video of other person leveling the horizon by using button C2 pressed and at the same time the gimbal dial wheel.
Very handy and quick function that the horizon can be changed this way, did not know this before(do not have my Mavic yet).
The horizon is being made level BUT at the same time the image setting for light sensitivity is also being changed.
Check this video if you like
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-12 05:43
Hi Ken, do not want to hijack this topic. Quick remark, did see video of other person leveling the ...

Yes, that is a very handy function and it started with the P4.
I did forget to mention that. But it's not the gimbal wheel, you press C2 and the camera settings dial.It was removed in one firmware but I believe it's in the latest firmware that came out 2 days ago.

2016-11-11
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 22:49
I did forget to mention that. But it ...

Sorry for my bad English, but the video does show the problem with using that combination of buttons to use the horizon tilt adjustment.... Not only the horizon is shifting, image is becoming to light. Do not think this is supposed to function like that. Video does show exactly what I mean.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-12 06:01
Sorry for my bad English, but the video does show the problem with using that combination of butto ...

If you press the C2 button then scroll the wheel it will adjust the tilt. If you just scroll the wheel it changes the exposure, that's probably what you are seeing.
2016-11-11
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Ok, person in video is saying he is pressing the C2 button and at the same time scrolling this settings dial. I cannot test myself to see if this person at the video is doing it wrong. Trusting you that it is working fine.
2016-11-11
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
United States

So are you saying....press C2 and release then scroll wheel .. I have not tried that, i have only tried press and hols C2 while scrolling
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

1efishinsea Posted at 2016-11-12 06:29
So are you saying....press C2 and release then scroll wheel .. I have not tried that, i have only tr ...

Hold C2 down while you are turning the camera dial.
2016-11-11
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 17:52

Yes, and when i do that, it does change horizontal leveling but at the same time it darkens or lightens the screen.

2016-11-12
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 14:52

Ken, please watch the video. Everyone understands the functionality, but there is a bug. Two things are happening at the same time. The video demonstrates the bug.
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

1efishinsea Posted at 2016-11-13 09:21
Yes, and when i do that, it does change horizontal leveling but at the same time it darkens or lig ...

I will test it Monday. I know the feature was there before, someone said it was gone but that it was back with the latest firmware.
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-11-13 09:32
Ken, please watch the video. Everyone understands the functionality, but there is a bug. Two thing ...

It's not a bug, it was hidden feature not everyone knew about. If it is not working then that means they removed it in the latest firmware.
I've sent a message to R&D inquiring about it.
2016-11-12
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-12 21:04
It's not a bug, it was hidden feature not everyone knew about. If it is not working then that mean ...

What?

Yes! Doing two things at the same time is a bug! Of course it's a bug!

The video clearly shows that he couldn't change the tilt without changing the exposure. You should be able to change the horizon without messing up the exposure. That's obviously a bug.

Ken, have you watched the video?
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-11-13 10:46
What?

Yes! Doing two things at the same time is a bug! Of course it's a bug!

The camera settings dial adjusts the camera and the C2 button a feature on it from the list of things you can do.
A while ago they added the feature to adjust camera roll by holding down C2 and then turning the exposure dial would adjust the roll. If it does not work like that anymore then they removed the feature, well at least half of it.
Again, I've inquired about it.
So use the camera dial to set the exposure and use the gimbal roll from the app to adjust roll if needed.
2016-11-12
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-12 22:01
The camera settings dial adjusts the camera and the C2 button a feature on it from the list of thi ...

That's not what we're talking about.

That's not what anyone is talking about.

You don't understand the problem. I don't know how to explain it any clearer.

Ken, have you watched the video? We've asked this question several times. Have you watched the video?
2016-11-12
Use props
fans8302ce42
lvl.2
United States

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-11-12 22:12

Ken,

So are correct about this feature that can be completed by press and hold C2 WHILE SCROLLING WHEEL and it WILL change the horizon to remove tilt.

BUT.............BUT...................when you perform this task.......it blows the exposure out of wack ruining what video footage you have just taken.

This would be a great quick feature IF.............IF.............it didn't ruin your exposure.

Can they change it so while press and hold C2 and scroll wheel ONLY adjusts the horizon tilt.

Yes this is a BUG...

2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-11-13 11:12

Yes I've watched the video and if you read my post I said they probably removed the feature "at least half of it" meaning I know if you hold down the C2 and rotate the dial it rolls the camera but also adjusts exposure.
So in a prior firmware it only did the roll when C2 was held down, then after another update that feature was no longer available. Now after another update, it rolls but the wheel also does the exposure.

Like I said, I send a message to R&D, I'm sure in the next update they will remove the feature or put it back to how it was prior to the update (C2 held and exposure wheel would adjust roll (and only roll)
Please don't complain if they remove the feature, if they do it's for a reason.
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fans8302ce42 Posted at 2016-11-13 11:48
Ken,

So are correct about this feature that can be completed by press and hold C2 WHILE SCROLLING ...

Or that can just remove the feature and you will need to use the app to adjust roll.
If everything if calibrated properly, you should never have to adjust roll before or during a flight.
I've owned many DJI aircraft and I fly about 20 different models at work and I have only once on my personal P3 Pro have had to adjust the roll.If you are having to constantly adjust the roll (and you are doing everything correctly) , send the aircraft in and have it repaired.
2016-11-12
Use props
fans8302ce42
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-12 23:38
Or that can just remove the feature and you will need to use the app to adjust roll.
If everything  ...

Unfortunately that's what will have to do in the near future. the thing that kills me is, once it goes cockeyed.......if i turn the aircraft 180 degrees, i usually goes away, it seems to happen while flying east.

Dam it going east is the problem, i kid you not LOL
2016-11-12
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-13 12:38
If everything  ...

It's not a feature. It's a bug. Please, stop calling it a feature.

This is the way it should work:

When you're holding down the C2 button, the dial does one thing.

When you're not holding down the C2 button, the dial does a different thing.

Stop saying that crazy, annoying behavior is a feature. That just sounds like corporate spin. It is very passive/aggressive, and it makes us trust you a lot less.

I promise I will not complain if they fix this obvious bug.
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-11-13 12:50
It's not a feature. It's a bug. Please, stop calling it a feature.

This is the way it should work ...

Your not understanding what I'm saying. It was a feature that they added quite a while ago that when you held the C2 you had gimbal roll adjustment on with the exposure wheel (AND ONLY GIMBAL ROLL).
Then they removed the feature and you only had exposure and holding down C2 did nothing and the wheel still changed exposure.
With the latest firmware, you can again have gimbal roll when you hold down C2 and rotate the exposure dial BUT it also changes exposure. It should be one way or another.
I'm sure in the next firmware update they will have the C2 holding down not have any effect on the dial, or make it to how it worked before and holding down C2 and rotating the dial ONLY ADJUSTED ROLL and without C2 held down it ONLY adjusted exposure.
2016-11-12
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

China

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-13 14:34
Your not understanding what I'm saying. It was a feature that they added quite a while ago that wh ...

Ken, let me explain why communication in this thread has been problematic.

There are two different things happening here. One is that users are able to change the tilt by holding the C2 button and using the dial. The other thing is that users are not able to use do this without changing the exposure.

These are two separate things. Yes, we can all believe that letting people adjust the tilt was meant to be a feature. If you had said that, we all would have understood. However, not being able to to one thing without messing up something else is a bug.

When you say, "It's not a bug," that causes confusion for us. The reason I posted the link that you deleted was to show that this is a common customer service error.

Allow me to clarify the mistake.

When a customer service person says, "It's a feature," the customers hear, "We don't think it is a problem, and we will not make a serious effort to change it." I believe you when you say that isn't your intent, but that's how customers will always hear, "It's a feature."

When a customer service person says, "It's a bug," the customer hears, "We see the problem, and we will attempt to fix it."

The first response you had to the video was "That's a feature." That confused us. We tried to clarify, and you continued saying, "That's a feature." Perhaps the problem was that "that" in "that's a feature" was not clear. We were talking about doing two things at once (which is definitely a bug), and you were talking about the ability to change tilt (which is a feature).

This is all just a communication issue. If we are clearer about what we're talking about in the future, it will be much easier for customers and customer service to trust each other in the future.
2016-11-12
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

Getting back to the essence of this discussion, horizon tilt, I have noticed that aftre starting with a level horizon flying some distance then doing a rotation the horizon does tilt slightly as it rotates but after a few seconds after the rotation it settles back down to horizontal. Not suer if this is normal.
2016-11-12
Use props
fans8302ce42
lvl.2
United States

jeffdj Posted at 2016-11-13 02:33
Getting back to the essence of this discussion, horizon tilt, I have noticed that aftre starting wit ...

yes, that is how it should be, mine will not go flat unless there is next to zero wind.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-11-13 15:16
Ken, let me explain why communication in this thread has been problematic.

There are two different ...

And again, It's a feature that is working but also not cancelling the exposure when C2 is held down.
I'm sure the next firmware will eliminate that feature so you can only adjust exposure and if you want roll then use the app.Ans if your lucky, then they will leave it and make the exposure INOP when C2 is held down.
2016-11-13
Use props
Infinityoverpi
lvl.1

United States

I feel your frustration @JasonMBryant. Perhaps I'll take a crack at this. A feature has an intended result and a bug introduces an unintentional result. Example, the dial controls the exposure (feature), holding C2 and using the dial to control the camera tilt (feature), the bug in this is that when you hold C2 it shouldn't allow you to control both the tilt (feature) and the exposure (the bug in the programming is that the exposure is not turned off). Both are features independent of each other but when they can be controlled at the same time it is an obvious bug that needs to be fixed.
2016-11-13
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 13:49
I did forget to mention that. But it's not the gimbal wheel, you press C2 and the camera settings dial.It was removed in one firmware but I believe it's in the latest firmware that came out 2 days ago.

i use that ! a great tool for horizon fix. HOWEVER, can DJi make it so when you do it that the exposure does not change also? that would be great in the next update!!
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-1-23 09:35
i use that ! a great tool for horizon fix. HOWEVER, can DJi make it so when you do it that the exposure does not change also? that would be great in the next update!!

That's already been requested.
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules