Distorted Images - Post Sale - Return to Amazon
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0750ea0f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 962136 ft
Spain

Hi,

I decided to post this here because I'm very disappointed with DJI's repair service quality assurance.

Bought my Phantom 3 4k in July 4 and since the very first flight I noticed that images were not that sharp but I thought it was normal for it's quality. I started to get annoyed by the quality because of the blurred images and decided to search on the internet and found many people with the same problem which is being considered as a factory problem that DJI ignores, since many like me sometimes doesn't even notice it.

In the 23rd of October I decided to request a repair because my unit is still under warranty and then, after 3 days and 14 exchanged emails, I finally got the confirmation that my unit should be sent for repair but, since I'm in Europe, it should be sent by UPS over to Netherlands to DJIs repair center is. The whole process of adding tags and information, packing everything so it won't be damaged, etc. is very complicated for those who don't have a very busy agenda like me.

Well, after receiving the unit, DJI sent and e-mail everytime a new step was taken in the process so, when they finally identified that there was a problem with the gimbal unit, I was happy that soon I'd have my drone back so I could use it for the works I couldn't do since I bought it.

OK, so case number CAS-300005-J3G3R7 says: "w unit gimbal has distorted image":

Phantom 3 4K camera        1: 288.43
Service Charge 1: 41.32        
Freight:        0.00
Total Amount: 329.75
Discount:-329.75 EUR

Since it's still on warranty, no problem. It was fixed and sent back 5 days later of the receiving the unit in DJI repair center.

When I finally went through the image tests again, I noticed that the images captured were blurred just like before I sent the unit for repair.

I cannot understand why and this makes me think that the QA didn't test anything, otherwise they would clearly identify the blurred images.

Anyway, thanks to Amazon, I'll be able to return the product and get a refund. I cannot waste my time sending it back and forth for repair.

Maybe I was not lucky and got a damaged product, but by the complaints I've been reading lately, it makes me think that the service quality is not good enough.

Will not recommend DJI, will not buy DJI again, sorry.

Rodrigo

2016-11-11
Use props
Alister FiEND
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

you say distorted in title then blurry in explanation.. two very different things when it comes to lenses/images

i would like to see some raw images but ultimately i don't care that much.  glad amazon was there for you.
2016-11-11
Use props
fans0750ea0f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 962136 ft
Spain

Alister FiEND Posted at 2016-11-11 21:20
you say distorted in title then blurry in explanation.. two very different things when it comes to l ...

Yeah, I had to send the RAW images to DJI, but they required me to convert them to JPG...

Anyway, the images were blurred, the word distorted was the one DJI used in the case.

For the other posts I've read on the internet, it was something related to the position of the sensor against the lens of the camera, which generates the "blurry" effect... but you're right, who cares? Amazon will refund me as soon as they receive the unit back.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the frustration.
I've checked your case. We had changed the gimbal camera for you.
Normally it shouldn't have the same issue.
Since you had contacted Amazon for refund.
If there's anything I can help you with, please let me know.
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules