my Samsung S7 Edge crashes when I start a video recording with DJ...
1954 17 2016-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThomasDirekt1
New

Hello, my Samsung S7 Edge crashes when I start a video recording with DJI Go. ( new install at Nov. 11 - 2016  with update )
The phone is rebooting at dip of rec. a movie
Is that at the settings or at the software
Can I change something or do I have to wait for a software update?

( i have update Phantom 4, yesterday 11.Nov. 2016) software is actuallity.

Or take another phone?
Please respond quickly.

Thank you in advance
2016-11-12
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

I have Same Story ! Try Out Many Things from Forum or Google But Still facing Same problem
2016-11-12
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Kazakhstan

It's sad. All S7 and S7 Edge have this problem after one from latest updates from Samsung. I tried to contact with DJI support and they said that working with Samsung to fix bug.
So we can't fly now. Don't want to change new phone to another so will wait for updates...
As I think it's problem with video stream decoding cos phone reboots when you try just to play video in any players.
This video for example:
https://app.box.com/s/wcvhnrf6scgx3xfytw6nzofe0n0bom9r
2016-11-12
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Portugal

Some One In forum from Germany write that his problem is being fixed after new firmware Update in Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge..  I fly today i had reboots after 20 seconds ... its really pain in the  Trump.....
2016-11-14
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Portugal

right now got Dji App Update ,,,,, but problem is still there Mobile reboots
2016-11-14
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

The S7 was never on their approved devices list.  It might never be too.

My S6 Edge is not shown on their list either, but the S6 (non Edge model) is.  My S6 Edge breaks up video and sometimes reboots.  I suspect the Edge model uses up some resources for the side-screen display that the S6 does not use hence the S6 has more resources available to it.

My general feeling is the Samsung Android is a resource hog as the battery drain is quicker than my Apple iOS device that I hated to spend the cash on.  Maybe if one can root the Samsung Android OS to get rid of all the bloat it can perform better with a longer life, and maybe work better with the DJI GO program too.  One can dream - or just buy an Apple Pro 9.7" + Cellular and be done with complaining about it.
2016-11-14
Use props
fans59eebc9d
lvl.2

Greece

I had the same problem and I lost MAKING A degradation of the ROM with some older MAY 2016.

!!!! Tutorial how to fix WITCH PROBLEM LAST S7 FIRMWARE !!! Everything you do at your own risk!

Only way to fix is ​​the firmware downgrade. . It is very easy process
You should:
1. Download latest Odin http://odindownload.com/
2. Find the correct firmware version for your phone. Go to http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model
Search Galaxy S7 and the filter model area. Watch out! Wrong version can brick your device !!!
On my way samsung is SM-G930F region Poland (XEO). Firmware with error is G930FXXU1BPH6 and downloaded G930FXXS1APG3 previous version. Check the release date, do not sort. Unzip the file. You will see five files.
3. Next step is to fully wipe your phone, if you need to make a backup !! Turn the security option as Find your phone, etc. Deletes the Samsung account. When setting go to the factory setting and do it. After restarting my phone disable
and simultaneously press UP volume, home and power. Recover wipe data and cache memory reset too. Turn off the phone.
4. open the Odin application admin. Press BL and select the firmware file to the first BL-mail. Next AP and Ap file - May couple of second to load the file, the next CP and the CP file. !!!IMPORTANT!!!! In CSC should choose HOME_CSC ... NOT only CSC choose !!!
5. Phone is off, press the volume key downwards, home and power, you will see the warning about custom rom. Press volume up to continue. You are in Download mode.
6. Connect your phone to the computer. In Odin should see ADD calendar. If not check usb driver, reinstall or Odin support.
7. In the selection tab controls only Auto Reboot and time F.reset.
8. If every thing is ok Press Start and wait for reboot.After degradation do not update my phone select automatically updated.

I tested with full battery time and any problem! After degrade not miss KNOX warranty is still 0x0 !!!!! !!!!!
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI-Ranen
DJI team
Flight distance : 191562 ft
Hong Kong

Hi guys, we're working to make the S7 compatible, and we'd like to collect your crash logs for analysis. Go to /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH/ and logs should be in that folder. Upload the logs to a file sharing website (dropbox, google drive, etc.) and send the link to us at cs8@dji.com.
2016-11-16
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Sweden

SajidShah Posted at 2016-11-13 01:02
I have Same Story ! Try Out Many Things from Forum or Google But Still facing Same problem

Received and installed update form Samsung last night. And tried to openvideo that i posted before and I played it for the first time without reboot! Yes! So I think that if this video plays and app will work correctly.
Will fly when will be able. Afraid to fly now because here is so cold, about -16'C
2016-11-22
Use props
fanse63d7883
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5539019 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Somnium Posted at 2016-11-23 03:49
Received and installed update form Samsung last night. And tried to openvideo that i posted before ...

after the new apdeit also restart, I tried it
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Thomas, could you please provide below information to me?
1. screenshot of the system version of your Samsung S7 Edge
2. screenshot of the app version and firmware version
Thank you for your cooperation.
2016-12-12
Use props
sky drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5539019 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-13 09:16
Hello Thomas, could you please provide below information to me?
1. screenshot of the system version of your Samsung S7 Edge
2. screenshot of the app version and firmware version

Hello I installed manually update
Product code BTU
PDA G935FXXU1BPJG
CSC G935FBTU1BPJ2
with this patch G935FXXU1BPJG now everything works without restarting
I waited two months to be available for my country but never happened and I install it manually with the help of Odin

I feel happy
2016-12-20
Use props
Jeffgiff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115738 ft
Costa Rica

Hi folks, I have just purchased a P4 and then promptly hopped on a plane and flew down to Central America for a month long backpacking tour. I have a Samsung S7 Edge. At this point I have updated the firmware and have the phone, transmitter and quad talking to each other. I am an RC guy from way back and have played with fixed wing FPV but this is my first go at quads. After reading these posts, I am less than confident that I am going to have success with my S7. I am hoping someone can tell me that theses issues have been resolved and as I just purchased my gear 2 days ago I have nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance
Jeff
2017-1-24
Use props
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 937297 ft
South Africa

Just updated my S7 edge(SM-G935FD) to Android 7.0 (Nougat) and flew my P4 for almost 25 minutes with Zero issues!
2017-1-25
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Another Solved ?  
2017-1-25
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

im using an iphone and had zero issues with. even when it warned me the storage is full, no crash. i did have an issue with the usb cable (app reporting disconnected), but it cleared off when i got a new cable.
2017-1-25
Use props
S1000RR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 955581 ft
Italy

I use an s7 edge without any problem ... I'm worry...
2017-1-25
Use props
Jeffgiff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115738 ft
Costa Rica

I flew for the first time with my new P4 and S7E. No issues yet. Two fairly short flights close in and low, but no issues.
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules