Shipping delay positive
1403 7 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Abaco305
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>

The one possitive for waiting and waiting for the Mavic is that in two days I'll be able to decide if the new offerings are worth canceling the mavic and putting the 1000+ dollars towards an Inspire 2 or P4 Pro. I've waited this long might as well get the best for my money even if I have to wait longer. The mavic has portability on it's side wonder how the P4 pro will stack up against it.....
2016-11-13
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

I was thinking the same thing, also how cheap an Inspire 1 will cost after if there are vast improvements in the 2.
2016-11-13
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

might just get them both :-)
2016-11-13
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

I'm starting to sniff around the Vantage Robotics Snap...
2016-11-13
Use props
symbol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-11-13 18:29
I'm starting to sniff around the Vantage Robotics Snap...

Just searched that - it looks sweet! Hmmm...
2016-11-13
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

Well it's also somewhat delayed (shipping v. soon apparently, for USA beta testers) but has a number of nice features.

Safer for people and pets, also safer for your wallet as it's designed to take the odd hit, break apart and then snap back together, it can be flown in the rain or even take the odd dunk, and is intended to be modular. That means additional stuff can be 'snapped on' later, such as lower speed but longer flight time batteries, all-round obstacle avoidance module etc. I like that as it means it will be easy to upgrade, rather than kicking yourself for buying the MK1 when the MK2 comes out 6 months later...

The Mavic, for now, is more technologically advanced but if they can extend the flight time (20 mins with standard battery) and range to anything like the Mavic's 7km then it's a serious competitor. 2 or 3 km would do me nicely, and I'm not overly confident with any drone's flight plans such as follow me, point of interest and so on, so I'm not interested in comparing those.

If the Mavic were water-resistant and perfect at launch I'd have forgotten the Snap, but it's allergic to any kind of moisture and has multiple bugs and issues, so the Snap is still in the running, for me anyway.

2016-11-13
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

I took a look but the video they showed was totally out of focus? That was on the Vantage Robotics Snap home page with the child on the skateboard. Something must be wrong, anyone else see an out of focus video?
It seems a bit pricey for $915. That is the $400 off preorder price.
I think Mavic is still in the lead.
2016-11-14
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

Maybe it's tap to focus? ;)

2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now