New Thread
2468 30 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Good morning !! I have a question as to why, when I start a "New Thread" post I don't see any place where I can upload pictures? If I am answering a post or reading a post at the bottom where it says "reply" it has a place to upload a attachment. Hopefully someone can fill me in on the trick so I can upload photo's to a new post. Thank you for your time and advise.
2015-2-8
Use props
Davepa
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hadn't noticed that quirk but I just tried and couldn't see an attachment box  either.
Although only  a work around all I can suggest is that you reply to your own post and include the attachment in that post. Will be interesting to see if any of the mods can come up with a how to include an attachment in the first post method
2015-2-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Good afternoon,

Have you not got this option? If not, may be a forum restriction.
thread.jpg
2015-2-8
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-8 23:03
Good afternoon,

Have you not got this option? If not, may be a forum restriction.

Markus2015, the only time I get that is when I answer to a post, If I start a "NEW POST" there is nothing available so I can upload a photo or video. Davepa mention to start a new thread and then answer my own post with a photo. Who ever maintains this forum should maybe fill me in on how to  "upload a attachment" using a new post or thread.
2015-2-8
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

I would like to know that also. There is a picture icon but it wants an image address
2015-2-8
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-2-9 00:20
I would like to know that also. There is a picture icon but it wants an image address

I don't even have a image address, and if I did I wouldn't know how to use it!!!... lol  
2015-2-8
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-2-9 00:20

When I start a new thread I get the a choice to either load a image from my computer or I can choose to use an image from the Internet via a url.

If I reply to a thread like this one I only get the URL option unless I choose the "High mode" on the right side of the response window. That gives me the same window I get when I start a thread with the option to either load an image from my computer or a URL
2015-2-8
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

I admin a forum similar to this one and there is a lot of set up options. This one probably needs some tweaking.
2015-2-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

TomWolves Posted at 2015-2-8 23:53
Markus2015, the only time I get that is when I answer to a post, If I start a "NEW POST" there is  ...

The screenshot I posted above is what I get when clicking onto "New Thread" I have no problem uploading attachments on new threads or posts on existing threads. I have no clue why you are not seeing this option.

To abtain an image address, you'd have to upload a file to a free file hoster and link the http address of that picture into your post.
2015-2-8
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

imgur is your friend, then just insert links from there... it is drag and drop...
2015-2-8
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

The other thing I have noticed you can do in replies but not the new thread is use bold or colored text.
2015-2-8
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Hmmm it let me create a new message with bold colors but I didn't post it. Does it remove the bold colors when you try and post it?
2015-2-8
Use props
Theo ter Haar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

TomWolves Posted at 2015-2-8 23:53
Markus2015, the only time I get that is when I answer to a post, If I start a "NEW POST" there is  ...

look at the New Thread PLUS a.s.o.
Have fun
2015-4-9
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

this is what I get when I want to start a new thread, I don't know how to enter a url.
Capture.JPG
2015-4-9
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

TomWolves Posted at 2015-4-10 11:13
this is what I get when I want to start a new thread, I don't know how to enter a url.

Where are you trying to star the thread and what kind of computer or o/s are you on?
I can start one as easily from my iPad which I am on now or my Desktop PC...and insert photos into any thread/post/reply....I start my threads from within the Phantom 2 Forum.
image.jpg
image.jpg
2015-4-9
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Northofthe49th, I am using a desktop with O/S 8.1 , I start a new thread where you do but my post window is different that yours. The only way I can upload a photo is to reply to my own post. If I replied to your post as I am doing right now, I can upload a photo.
DJI Phantom Post.JPG
2015-4-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

O.k,
That's weird, there must be some other view option i cannot find that you have set or something is minimized for some reason......I have tried to recreate your screen but cannot do it for the life of me....
Try clicking the additional options tab down in the left hand corner and see what you get....
2015-4-10
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

It's the browser!

Trash the Internet Explorer and get Google Chrome.  I have another computer with win8.1 and I just tried to create a new thread with the IE and was able to reproduce the problem TomWolves is experiencing.  I then logged out, opened Google Chrome and opened a new thread with all the usual icons.
Download chrome
2015-4-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

gil Posted at 2015-4-11 00:07
It's the browser!

Trash the Internet Explorer and get Google Chrome.  I have another computer with  ...

Gil,
I was using Firefox and never thought about that, so I went into Internet Explorer and encountered the problem then figured out how to fix it...
Go to the Gear in the top right corner,
Click Compatibility View Settings and add dji.com to it...Problem solved...You now have the full and advanced and it shows exactly with Firefox...

Explorer Fix.PNG
2015-4-10
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

what is even weirder is that when I first click on "New Post" and it appears only for a couple of seconds does all the features appear, then Poof "like the Phantom" there gone to the screen I showed to you. Thanks Gil for the advice but I don't care for google Chrome.
2015-4-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

TomWolves Posted at 2015-4-11 00:34
what is even weirder is that when I first click on "New Post" and it appears only for a couple of se ...

Tom,
Read my last post, it will fix the problem or use Mozilla Firefox then, i have both and no issues and i am not a Chrome Fan either...
2015-4-10
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Northofthe49th, I will give this a try.
2015-4-10
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Hey, Northofthe49th!! BINGO.... it worked, Thank you very much! Yah Whoooo!
2015-4-10
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

That's what I'm talking about!! Finally!
NewPostB.JPG
2015-4-10
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

I clicked this thread because I was wondering: "Who would name a new thread: 'NEW THREAD'?"  I shook my head, facepalmed, and then I clicked.

Oh, it's actually about new threads.  Heh.  
2015-4-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

paul@westpointd Posted at 2015-4-11 01:10
I clicked this thread because I was wondering: "Who would name a new thread: 'NEW THREAD'?"  I shook ...

Yes,
And wonderfully one that has stayed on topic
And you are welcome Tom, it had me stumped initially to...
2015-4-10
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

Uhh... I have Internet Explorer 11 on the Win 8.1 box and I tried changing to the Compatibility View Settings as suggested.  When I tried to go to the login link I got the "Please upgrade your browser" screen.  If I take it OUT of Compatibility View, log in and then go back IN Compatibility View I can navigate around the forum.  BUT, when I log out and try to log in again...

Stuff like THAT is why I use Chrome.
IE_11_compatabilityMode.jpg
2015-4-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

gil Posted at 2015-4-11 02:04
Uhh... I have Internet Explorer 11 on the Win 8.1 box and I tried changing to the Compatibility View ...

Upgrade Explorer, then Launch explorer, open the DJI forum then do the compatibility as I described..
2015-4-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gil Posted at 2015-4-11 02:04
Uhh... I have Internet Explorer 11 on the Win 8.1 box and I tried changing to the Compatibility View ...

By the way Gil, before I forget it again,
WELCOME BACK!

This hasn't been the same without ya.
2015-4-10
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

Aww gee golly... thanks, it's nice to feel wanted.  
It's also nice to be able to get out and fly again after all the rain, thunderstorms and tornadoes have passed through -- it's Springtime in the Holler!
DJI00183_16x9.JPG
2015-4-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gil Posted at 2015-4-11 02:32
Aww gee golly... thanks, it's nice to feel wanted.  
It's also nice to be able to get out and fly ag ...

It's trying to turn to spring up here.
2015-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules