Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AustrianOak82
lvl.2

United States

Remote: 1.8.0
Firmware: 1.9.0
DJI GO: 3.0.1

I got my P3A a couple of weeks ago from DJI direct. A few days ago I was flying and started getting compass error messages. When they popped up, it wold start drifting away. I switched over to non-GPS and regained control, then switched back and it was fine for a couple of minutes then same thing. I tried to calibrate but I was getting compass calibration issues. I went out in my backyard today where there was nothing around me but grass for 100-200 feet or so. Made sure I had no metal on me and had my dad hit the compass calibration button for me when I did the calibration dance. I tried it 5-6 times and it is still showing a compass calibration error message.

I went ahead and sent it into the air to see what would happen, and same thing, compass error messages and the GPS dropping in and out. I live out in the country in Indiana, so not sure why the compass couldnt calibrate. Here are my questions:

1. Any suggestions? This is the 2nd place I have tried to calibrate with issues.

2. How far away from metal do I really have to be? There is literally metal everywhere.

Another question. I don't use auto landing hardly ever, but I noticed when I did, the landing is pretty rough. My old P3S would descent, hover, then descent further and land. This one just heads down and slams into the ground pretty hard, jarring the entire unit and gimbal. Any thoughts?
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi AustrianOak82, could you please try to change another place and lift the aircraft above your head, then do the compass calibration again ?
If still no help, please let me know.
2016-11-13
Use props
AustrianOak82
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-13 21:34
Hi AustrianOak82, could you please try to change another place and lift the aircraft above your head ...

Tried again tonight in a different location, a large grass field next to a school. Same result after a few attempts. Took it into the air and got several errors and it's still drifting all over the place. I did open a ticket since I am having the compass issues, along with a really loud fan motor. They asked for some photos of the error message, which I sent tonight.

At this point, I'd just like to return it and get a new one. Compass issues, fan issues, and the harsh landings. I think I have only had it for like 10 days or so.

Anything you can do Mindy? Ticket # is 337939.
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AustrianOak82 Posted at 2016-11-15 10:12
Tried again tonight in a different location, a large grass field next to a school. Same result aft ...

Thank you for the update.
Since you had contacted our tech support, please follow the instruction and they will guide you to send it in for further evaluation.
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules