battery advice?
814 3 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd47ee845
New

United States

I have a used Phantom 2 Spirit and one battery doesn't charge. All I get is one blinking green light and plugging it into the charger does nothing. I am assuming this battery is toast. I don't want to buy a DJI brand battery because my neighbor says his inspire batteries have problems. I've read the same with other DJI batteries.

Has anyone found a brand that does put out reliable batteries. I see that Parbeson on Amazon is selling a Phantom 2 battery and I'd like to know if theirs is any better than DJI's.
2016-11-14
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Which light is blinking, the first, the middle?  What does the DJI Assistant show about the battery condition? Third party batteries canl work in the Phantom 2 series (as long as you don't try to update them!)

DJI battery 5083 upgrade.png
2016-11-14
Use props
fansd47ee845
New

United States

Gil Posted at 2016-11-14 09:09
Which light is blinking, the first, the middle?  What does the DJI Assistant show about the battery  ...

The first light is blinking and it won't power up the drone so I can't check it with assistant.
2016-11-14
Use props
fansd47ee845
New

United States

fansd47ee845 Posted at 2016-11-14 09:39
The first light is blinking and it won't power up the drone so I can't check it with assistant.

When I turn the battery on, it shows 1 blink on the left and then cycles through 4 green lights, then it goes back to 1 green light on left.
Other than that, it won't power up the drone and will not get past the green light on the charger. Is this for sure bad and/or could it be something about it's memory that can be reset?
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules