Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I lost my Phanton
1977 14 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacobi
New

Denmark

Hallo

My drone crashed one day I was out and fly. I had just caliberet it and flew to the ocean, as I have done so many times before. I flew only 25 meters from where it crashed while I was still in the air to orientate me I was not over 30 m up the air.

It did not come with any prior warning before it crashed. I did not see it. But it went direct down.

I do not have the drone as it is in the sea, but can i still figure out what went wrong?

I have used google translate :-)

2016-11-14
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Upload the last few flight records from your phone/tablet to "healthydrones.com".  (Direction are on the website and it's free)   You may be able to get some idea of what happened on the last flight.
(see examples below)

2016-11-14
Use props
Jacobi
New

Denmark

Thanks a lot.

Anyone there can tell me whats went wrong? I was all by myself on beach except af a few people.

Flight time        Altitude        Home Distance        Type        Notification
A        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
B        00m 02s        -1.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to AutoTakeoff
C        00m 02s        -1.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        Tips__Taking Off
D        00m 05s        7.2 ft        3 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
E        00m 14s        95.5 ft        310 ft        Warning        Warning:Strong Interference Detected. Be careful when flying long distances.
F        00m 16s        29.5 ft        359 ft        Warning        Warning:Strong Interference Detected. Be careful when flying long distances.

2016-11-14
Use props
Jacobi
New

Denmark

Her you can se my flight

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=TDVzQd
2016-11-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That one is a case for DJI.
Upload the flight record by clicking on the cloud icon in the app.
Then contact their online help.
2016-11-14
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Wow, the last two seconds of that 16 second flight looked like it got zapped with something that sent it spiraling into into a vortex of death down into the water! (You sure there hasn't been any UFO activity around there lately?)
Upload the flight logs from your DJI GO app and open a ticket with DJI support.  They may be able to find something to better explain what happened.

Tom Crash.jpg
2016-11-14
Use props
Jacobi
New

Denmark

Thanks to both of you. I do that. it happens so fast, that jeg newer see it, before it was gone
2016-11-14
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Jacobi Posted at 2016-11-14 14:13
Thanks to both of you. I do that. it happens so fast, that jeg newer see it, before it was gone{:4_1 ...

I think you took a hit from a Seagull or a Harrier or something. It's not unheard of.
2016-11-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Gil Posted at 2016-11-15 04:12
Upload the last few flight records from your phone/tablet to "healthydrones.com".  (Direction are on ...

btw ... Healthydrones is next to useless for most incident investigations.
It only gives a brief summary and no details.
The proper advice to suggest is:
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
2016-11-14
Use props
Jacobi
New

Denmark

I have done that now, thanks.
2016-11-14
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

Seems similar to when mine fell from the sky.  Compass went haywire over a normal spot and went spiralling down from 293'.  DJI repaired it once they reviewed the logs and information.
2016-11-14
Use props
luiso16
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

There is something I don't understand after reading all so many posts of crashing drones without apparent cause. I have been a modeler for more than 25 years and had flown different planes, helicopters, using previous 72mhz frequencies and now 2.4 ghz and never had interference issues.  Why something that costly like these drones are failing that often? I think something is not been told to us about these products. The fact that drones are returned to DJI and repaired an returned shows that something is not right.  After reading all of this I am getting afraid of flying mine.
2016-11-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

luiso16 Posted at 2016-11-15 11:51
There is something I don't understand after reading all so many posts of crashing drones without app ...

Interference doesn't cause a drone to fall from the sky.
What you aren't considering is how many of these things are out there flying safely.
DJI Phantoms have been sold in huge numbers and here is where people come to report issues - not to report every safe flight.
To get things in perspective, read this: http://www.droneflyers.com/2016/ ... -on-drone-flyaways/
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash,Jacobi.
Please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and send an email to support.eu@dji.com with your DJI account email and the date this occurred.
They can analyze the data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
2016-11-14
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Gil Posted at 2016-11-15 09:02
Wow, the last two seconds of that 16 second flight looked like it got zapped with something that sen ...

The last two seconds of data is typical of an aircraft tumbling and falling to the ground.  In this case, the telemetry was successfully transmitted and received by the controller.  Sometimes the telemetry cuts out suddenly before a loss, due to power issues etc.  What caused it to fall and crash is unknown, possibly a birdstrike or lost prop.  Your best bet is to sync the record and have DJI take a look at it, they have access to more data and can determine if a prop broke or flew off by looking at motor loads and rotation speed etc.
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules